Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    If you bought a post-show bagel in '89 from a woman who was 6' tall in roller blades and a wrap skirt, that was Mrs. P. We thank you for helping us get gas for the trip to Buffalo.

I was probably her competion, worked at a bakery at the time so free bagels and cream cheese and I added sprouts, best marketing decision I ever made to this day! Damn I still regret not going to the 4th show in Buffalo though, heater of a show.

On the bright side, that and Deer Creek were the only shows I missed on the tour, that was a fine summer!

I bought 5 sheets of Bart Simpson right when DDN said “don’t eat the blue unicorn.”

Then I moved to Yosemite.

Hilarity ensued.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Only way I drop big coin to see this band again is the Gorge road trip, mostly to party with my old crew.

Plan B for me is $150 plus expenses for this http://www.darkstarjubilee.com/home

I wouldn't hate it if Bobby called this band Ratbob and took it on the road.

https://archive.org/details/ggw2018-...ngWindows.flac

the terrapin tonight was pretty prime

Looked like a good show!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Looked like a good show!
    Don’t quote me on this, but I actually enjoyed some of the jams from 1/17. Weir seems to let the band go a bit more than he did last time I saw them.
    FF thru the singing is a nice bonus of the modern world

I am headed to big sky in the morning. Might have to spin 1/17!

Bobby absolutely slayed standing on the moon tonight. wow

Mayer definitely was the conductor tonight, his move right next to chimenti is fueling an already tremendous dynamic

Dead and Company.

I haven't got a chance to listen to them all the way through yet, but the Morning Dew was excellent.

I have Soundboards coming in. PM me.

I also have the entire Bob and Wolf Bros Tour.
    Last edited by iamTRuTH; 01-21-2019 at 02:26 PM.

Interesting?

Dogfish Head:

Join Dogfish Head, Craft Beer Guild Distributing of NY, and Bear's Choice for an evening of beer, music, and friends. Owner and CEO Sam Calagione will be in attendance to raise a pint to celebrate the occasion!

American Beauty, a pale ale inspired by the Grateful Dead, captures the spirit of the band's 30 years of touring and recording. Dogfish Head and the Dead both built their followings by connecting directly with beer lovers and music lovers - this beer is brewed with granola and wildflower honey as well as all-American hops.

Bear's Choice:

Bear's Choice is a Grateful Dead tribute band based out of the New York City area. The band consists of Dan Martin (Drums), Ed Martin (Piano, Vocals), Brian Wood (Lead Guitar, Vocals), Drew Contessa (Bass Guitar, Vocals), and John Leslie (Rhythm Guitar, Vocals). Bear's Choice is known for their strong lead and harmony vocals and high-energy adventurous jamming.

Just saw this in my Twitter feed, couldn't be...could it?

SportsLine subscriber Bobby Weir won our first members-only contest, taking home a $4,000 prize! Will you be next?

Just got offered tickets for any Dead and Co show on the 2019 tour. Where should I go?

The Gorge in June would be my choice.

2nd the Gorge

I got gorge tickets camping fri-sun going to both shows. I got “front row” (small ga pit) to sat
    Super stoked!
    Hello darkness my old friend

Gorge sounds cool. So does Wrigley, or Folsom Field in Boulder. Going with my dad who is in his mid-70s.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Gorge sounds cool. So does Wrigley, or Folsom Field in Boulder. Going with my dad who is in his mid-70s.
    There is an appeal to riding a cruiser bike to the show (don't know if you live that close or not). But instead we're getting the fuck out of town for it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We’re out of town too. Definitely close enough to ride bikes. Free tickets come from the band’s agent who stays at our house with his family when they’re in town.

You can rent my house.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Anyone seeing the Wolf Bros?

got a ticket for tomorrow and on the fence about a Bobby project without another guitar or keys.

Dead and Company.

I saw them in Denver back in Oct and was surprised on how good they sounded. Been listening to some of this tour...only bits and pieces tho. Really good.
    I think this trio showcases what Weir is about these days. With only him on guitar, it forces him to play in a more melodic way. Fresh take on music we dig. Plus, they are digging into the Ratdog stuff, (this might go either way depending on your opinion but I am a fan).

I’d definitely go if they were close to me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I saw them in Denver back in Oct and was surprised on how good they sounded. Been listening to some of this tour...only bits and pieces tho. Really good.
    I think this trio showcases what Weir is about these days. With only him on guitar, it forces him to play in a more melodic way. Fresh take on music we dig. Plus, they are digging into the Ratdog stuff, (this might go either way depending on your opinion but I am a fan).

I’d definitely go if they were close to me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    thanks, I'll give it a go

I have soundboards from the whole last tour if you want a copy PM me.