Paddling the whole Green River

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of doing a Green River trip from Green River Lakes down to the confluence. Has anyone done it? Or done the Wyoming stretches? If you have I'd love to hear about it. Curious about what the put in/take out access is like, if there are any stretches that are a no-go or that I should be worried about. At this point, anything is helpful.

Thanks!

Heather

Visit http://downthecolorado.org/ and google various bits and permutations of "state of the rockies down the colorado".

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    spring flows oud sure help shortin the trip
    a couple reservoirs if ya define the "green" as og river channel to paddle
    the skeesdadez is cool paddlin water no legal campin though
    and below swing bridge/Co state line and into lodore down permits help
    as does googlez skills.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Paging kayaktheworld

Awesome, thanks guys!

Paddling the whole Green River

I'm not a kayaker but I float the upper in Wyo all the time...fishing. There is only one stretch of turbulent water on the upper, below the lakes. I'm happy to answer any Qs.
    Last edited by schwerty; 09-28-2015 at 12:28 PM.

If by confluence you mean the confluence with the Colorado, then, yes I have done Ruby Ranch to Spanish Bottom. You need a jet boat ride up the Colorado to Moab, although I believe you could drive a 4x4 to near Spanish Bottom through the Maze.

Permits necessary for the Canyon lands portion. All flat water from Ruby to confluence.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Hey,

I'd love to hear about shuttling, and putting together the sections. Can I shoot you some questions over email?

Thanks!

heather