Page 153 of 290 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 7239

Thread: Wagon Stoke

New tires and windshield for the 2004 e500 wagon with 175k. I’m getting intermittent CEL but it still runs great with original plugs,wires, and emissions stuff. It easily passed smog so will keep driving it. Michelin Primacy Touring are great tires. Smooth and super quiet. It has a small rear hatch leak that’s not worth chasing, needs new control arms but not a safety risk. The headlamp washers were leaking so sealed it at the reservoir tank. It’s never had the coolant changed either. Love the V8 power.

Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Honestly, I don't even understand where the Q8 slots in their lineup.
    IMO, it just looks better than the Q7 if you don't need the 3 row seating. YRMV and it costs more, so a win for Audi.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Q8 is their design language model. Still looks 10x better than the BMW X6 abomination

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Wondering if Audi dropped a dud with the new A6 Allroad priced the same as the new Q8. Both can be bought for $60ish and honestly the Q8 looks a hella lot nicer IMO and I am not a SUV guy.
    Yeah, not seeing what you’re seeing.
    focus.

I've been mulling over replacing the ol' volvo for like 2 + yrs now but can't bring myself to any conclusion of a better vehicle when mine is essentially free
    I did some spreadsheeting of the ground clearances of vehicles I like and although I wanted an allroad, the ground clearance at 6.5" seems too low for our local back roads and mtn bike adventures. current xc70 is 8.2" clearance
    Toast dont you have an allroad? what thinks thee of the shitty montana trailhead access so far?
    am I overthinking the difference? 26% less ground clearance seems suspect to me
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Q8 is their design language model. Still looks 10x better than the BMW X6 abomination
    The X6 should be taken out behind the shed and put out of its misery.

Or our misery.

Either way. It needs to go.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I've been mulling over replacing the ol' volvo for like 2 + yrs now but can't bring myself to any conclusion of a better vehicle when mine is essentially free
    I did some spreadsheeting of the ground clearances of vehicles I like and although I wanted an allroad, the ground clearance at 6.5" seems too low for our local back roads and mtn bike adventures. current xc70 is 8.2" clearance
    Toast dont you have an allroad? what thinks thee of the shitty montana trailhead access so far?
    Huh. Seems like the Allroad's lost some clearance over the years. They USED to have 7.6" back in the '00s. My '08 XC70 has 8.3" which has proven legit for getting to remote trailhead off muddy, rocky, beaten paths. I don't know if I'd wanna lose that either living where you do. ESPECIALLY with something as dainty as a newer Audi where random plastic bits like to disintegrate and implode spontaneously anyway, let alone on trails. Haha. I'd stick with Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Q8 is the “Crossover Coupe.” Yuck. Huge wheels. Round middle. Sloping ends.

Coworker traded her A4 Allroad for one and said it has less cargo space than the Allroad.

She just likes it because she can tow her boat...

The shape of the Q8 doesn't seem that much different from the Macan or Cayenne which people seem to love. Wouldn't surprise me if they share the same architecture. The X6 and GLC/GLE 'coupe' are even more egregious efforts to combine the worse of a car and SUV.

Love the design of the new V60. Mixed feelings on the powertrain. On one hand it's a supercharged, turbocharged, possibly hybrid four cylinder that seems like it could be a reliability and serviceability nightmare. On the other, it is Volvo's only engine so you would think they get it right. And, it's been around for a few years to get some of the bugs worked out.

Volvo really lost me with the new 4 banger. I have driven numerous Volvo's beyond 200k miles with never an engine issue but I am really suspect of this 4 banger. Only time will tell. To Baby Bears comments, I have hit 2 big rocks in the middle of the road and at this point in my life I do want more clearance if I am spending money on a new car. I think I could be talked into this.

Name:  Screenshot 2021-04-21 093943.png
Views: 352
Size:  696.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

BB, I know the answers you seek.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619023866.310869.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	913.5 KB 
ID:	372314

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Right? You can just tell how quality that thing is, from the majestic Eagle front license plate to the unexplained alignment of the wood panels from the front door to the back door.

Just take my money.

Is that a hood bulge to accomodate a massive power plant?

Have you thought about a small lift, 1-2"? There are kits available.

We lifted my wife's gen1 rav4 1.5" when it was sagging so badly that it was basically sitting on the bump stops. We opted for old man emu springs and shocks, used monroe struts. Since it was sagging we gained closer to 3". It feels like new again, plus when we road trip it handles the weight of our camping gear + the little sleeping platform we built... and now it has 9" of ground clearance, which is about the same as my stock jeep cherokee. It's overkill for most of our local adventures but there are a few times we have been glad for the additional clearance.

3 years in and there have been zero drawbacks, beside the initial cost. We are running the same tire size so no noticable change in mpg. My wife loves it and we get compliments on it from time to time.

It cost us about $1,200 to do, I think it would have cost $600-800 just to replace the suspension with oe parts.

Not sure if this would translate to your wagon, but I bet suspension is similar.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by waveshello; 04-21-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    No. The Eagle is a show-er not a grow-er.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Probably just be happy to see you.

Wait did that thing get the same 4.0 inline 6 that they put in the Jeep?

EDIT: nope, looks like it only got the the 2.5 and the 4.2. Its last two production years coincided with the first two production years of the fuel injected 4.0 but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by waveshello; 04-21-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Saw this beauty of a ski mobile in the lot last Sunday

Name:  20210418_112909.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  366.7 KB
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

I'll allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I'll allow it
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    BB, I know the answers you seek.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619023866.310869.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	913.5 KB 
ID:	372314

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Saw a minty one of these on the highway in Jersey yesterday.. Mass plates. I was going like 75 so no pic...was a beaut. Blue.

There's an Eagle I see around town that's in remarkably good shape as well. I had a picture of it too, but can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Saw a minty one of these on the highway in Jersey yesterday.. Mass plates. I was going like 75 so no pic...was a beaut. Blue.
    75? LS swap I'm guessing.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    75? LS swap I'm guessing.
    I figured he couldn’t take a pic because he passed it too quickly on the highway to open up his camera app.

AMC had the right concept. Shame they couldn’t modernize it. Compete with the monstrosity that is the modern subie outback.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

Now that's a sled, but not a wagon either.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<