Page 13 of 290 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Holy sht. That would be fun
    Sounds great too

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Who's 'them'? Are they idiots?
    A bunch of people wearing VW shirts. Event sponsored by VW. Probably.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Haven't driven it yet, but went and looked at them and saw it at a car show. I thought, (as well as the folks I was with), that the Audi and the BMW were better designs. You sit low in the thing, and the back is a lot smaller, (but may look better to some people). The V60 T6 seemed to be the cool one, T5 still had 240 hp though. Polestar too pricey. It also had weird electronic/bluetooth/nav/ issue. I followed a Volvo forum on them for a while, then quit. Still, if it had an MT, I'd be driving it right now.
    Went and sat in it. Didn't have time to drive it. It's really too small on the inside which is too bad because I wanted to like it.

That's kinda what I thought. It's just not really much bigger than our Golf, which is fine, but we already own a Golf. Go look at the Allroad, it's kinda the opposite, bigger than it looks.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Check out the new Mercedes Allroad. http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercede...rrain-variant/

Check out the new Mercedes Allroad. http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercede...rrain-variant/
    I like everything from the headlights back - I'm not in love with the current Merc grill/smiley faces.

I've had 3 wagons: 1991 Legacy L 2.2L, 2001 Outback VDC 3.0, and the current 2005 Outback 2.5i. All have been stout CO cars, but the VDC 3.0 was a taste of Eurowagon lux with the smooth flat six and killer McIntosh stereo. Currently trying to keep the 2005 running to then make a Golf AllTrack wagon #4.

I forgot about this partial reason we don't get wagons here, and instead get crossovers:
    ```````````````````````````````
    Either the American public doesn't get it, or we don't: The station wagon, beloved by motor journalists and buyers in Europe—where 9 of the 10 bestselling cars in 2014 offered station wagon versions that sold in large numbers—accounts for about 1 percent of the U.S. sales mix. This is, at least partially, a consequence of our bifurcated CAFE fuel-economy standards that treat many crossovers as trucks, subject to less-stringent targets than cars with the same footprint (wheelbase times track width) but less ground clearance.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Since the beginning of time, like the 50's, station wagons have been derided as family haulers, grocery getters and ploopy underpowered sexless cretinmobiles.

That's why I love them. There is nothing so awesome as a highpowered awd eurowagon with a stick
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    That's why I love them. There is nothing so awesome as a highpowered awd eurowagon with a stick
    Except that they are going the way of the dinosaur's I haven't driven a slushbox yet that actually shifted like a stick. I've heard good things about the merc box but I've never driven one. I've driven an older S4 and while it shifted decently around town, i never got to drive it hard in some mountains.

Saw a metallic maroon allroad this morning that looked very similar to this one. Really sharp looking car...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

^^^
    That's the best looking Audi made. (Outside the R8)

I was killing time the other day while the fam was shopping and I strolled over to the mega-auto-mall across the street and saw the new Alltrek alongside some other VW wagons. Sharp looking cars but wow are they small. They made the wife's XC70 look like a land-yacht by comparison.

Makes me wonder how useful the format is when cross-shopped with other wagons or ridiculous crossovers.
    I still call it The Jake.

Nice thing about the Allroad is you get 250 hp compared to the Alltracks 170 hp. Bummer is the car costs $15k more. Seems like for $2k you should be able to boast the V Dub 1.8 liter engine up to 200 hp making it a descent freeway flyer.
    Edit: here we go
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	189282
    Last edited by liv2ski; 10-04-2016 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I was driving through Denver yesterday and passed a semi transporting Audi/VW's to a dealer. Sure enough there was a white/gray AllTrack wagon heading to some lucky showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Nice thing about the Allroad is you get 250 hp compared to the Alltracks 170 hp. Bummer is the car costs $15k more. Seems like for $2k you should be able to boast the V Dub 1.8 liter engine up to 200 hp making it a descent freeway flyer.
    Edit: here we go
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	135 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	189282
    Which tuner shop is this ?
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Which tuner shop is this ?
    APR (says it all over table Mr. Magoo

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    APR (says it all over table Mr. Magoo
    I thought that might be the case, but I haven't owned anything from Wolfsburg since my '84 Jetta GLI.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

I stopped by a V Dub dealer yesterday to look at the Altrack. For $30k, a pretty nice little wagon that looks way better than a Subie to this jong. Only bummer for me was the front passenger seat didn't flip forward to get a surfboard in the car. Maybe the solution is to get a cheap base model with no power seat adjustment so you can. I need the 6 speed to come out before I drive one. With a stage 1 upgrade, could be a nice little car for $30k. I like that better than $40+ for an Allroad. To bad the BMW 328ixD is so ugly, as I really wanted the 40+ mile mpg of a diesel for my next car.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

^^^
    This F series 3 wagon is no where near as attractive as the predecessor E series but ugly? I don't get that at all. But, eyes, beholders and whatnot. I just wish it was about 3' bigger and was offered with the turbo'd I6 engine.

http://jalopnik.com/why-the-volkswag...riv-1786840642

Too bad the VW is essentially a FWD car. But I understand why VAG puts their better AWD systems in Audis instead of VWs.

I can never quite talk myself into getting a car with shitty resale value 4-5 yrs later, regardless of what i like about it. Volvo for example.

I can never quite talk myself into getting a car with shitty resale value 4-5 yrs later, regardless of what i like about it. Volvo for example.
    That's what's kept me from getting a jetta/golf wagon for years. They're time bombs. That said vw just gave my buddy $6k to keep his tdi wagon, so maybe I'm the idiot!

I used my wife's XC70 T6 to run down to HHI this week to button up for the hurricane because a) you can't find premium gas with any consistency in the south for the past few weeks, and b) I needed space to haul a bunch of shit for the lockdown effort. I was rolling along US 17 and thought about the slushbox vs stick conversation in this thread that the Alltrek kicked off. I ticked the shifter over to the auto-manual and played around with it.

I have to say it was much better than I expected. As quick, if not quicker than my BMW's auto-manual slushbox and a bit sharper in response - really felt like I was getting every ounce of the 300hp as I took it to/near the line - sounded cool too with the "wooshy" rev up of the turbo then exhaust wail. Would a stick be more fun? Absolutely, but I think that this is an overlooked bit of fun on cars that everyone (me included) forgets about - and to be honest, makes the auto much more attractive than a manual since it's stuck in city traffic/highway miles most of it's life.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I used my wife's XC70 T6 to run down to HHI this week to button up for the hurricane because a) you can't find premium gas with any consistency in the south for the past few weeks, and b) I needed space to haul a bunch of shit for the lockdown effort. I was rolling along US 17 and thought about the slushbox vs stick conversation in this thread that the Alltrek kicked off. I ticked the shifter over to the auto-manual and played around with it.

I have to say it was much better than I expected. As quick, if not quicker than my BMW's auto-manual slushbox and a bit sharper in response - really felt like I was getting every ounce of the 300hp as I took it to/near the line - sounded cool too with the "wooshy" rev up of the turbo then exhaust wail. Would a stick be more fun? Absolutely, but I think that this is an overlooked bit of fun on cars that everyone (me included) forgets about - and to be honest, makes the auto much more attractive than a manual since it's stuck in city traffic/highway miles most of it's life.
    I used the manual-ish mode for snow regularly on our old car. It didn't have the feel of driving a stick, but you could make it stick to lower gear/higher revs, eschew shifting while cornering, etc. It really negated most of the advantage of driving a manual on slick roads.

http://jalopnik.com/why-the-volkswag...riv-1786840642

Too bad the VW is essentially a FWD car. But I understand why VAG puts their better AWD systems in Audis instead of VWs.

Essentially FWD is great for gas mileage and works well in the snow with the Haldex backup. And ya, if you buy new cars you're doing it wrong. A nice 2-3 year old car with 35k miles on it for 40% off, is the way I like to roll.

Bush, my V70R looks so much nicer than the newer 328ixd, I just can't go down that road and I need the room of a wagon or I would buy a 2014 535ixd salon.

Current automatic transmissions are leaps and bounds better than they were just 10 years ago.