Page 132 of 290 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

RS6-R by ABT sinister & sweetClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6385.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	488.0 KB 
ID:	341705

my coworker is looking for a new car and i sent him a link for a panamera 4s from 2011 with 50k on it. the car looks sick but i guess i’ll do the sensible and much cheaper thing and put another 100k on the a4. oh well. maybe if one of those avants landed in my lap...
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

I remember when ABT did dope cars. I even owned an ABT Passat. Newer stuff looks stupid. Quality of the product is there but big wheels and flares only take you so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I saw one of those the other day and truthfully that’s what really got me started thinking/drooling, though biggest complaint with the allroad is that it’s just a bit too small to feel good about having people in the back seat for any length of time. Don’t want to repeat that with my next car.
    Back seat leg room??? A Volvo V90cc is the car for you. Huge back seat area. I was thinking of buying one, but I decided to stick with my old low tech V70R rather than shelling out $35k+ for a 2018 V90cc with a 4 cylinder engine
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The new V90CC is a very nice place to be and fun to drive. Power came on way earlier than on our old XC70T6. Peppy I guess. I saw a V90R in traffic the other day and then a non-CC one; I liked both better. Very, very nice looking wagons.

The Merc is a classic and very comfortable, a bit dated, if anything. The ride is very comfortable but I found the new ones to be even more milquetoast if I'm comparing to the Volvo. Power comes on smooth and steady though and they seem to still be made like a rock. If you have a wife that shreds wheels though get some kind of warranty as the rims are stupid expensive as is just about everything else on the car to replace. (Side mirror covers, rear bumper cover, headlight... just make sure you know the driving habits of the primary driver if it's not going to be you is all I can say)

If it's me, I'm in the Volvo and pocketing the difference. The Merc is a great car, but these days if I'm looking new, the A6 Avant and V90 are what I'd want to stick out from the crowd of (very pretty) navy E Class Wagons round here.
    I still call it The Jake.

Wagon Stoke

I’m going to poach all the advice from mustonen’s questions. Maybe I need to expand my search

Found a nice 2018 allroad dark blue with all the features I want and relatively nearby.....but brown nougat interior. I don’t think I can do it. Although the leather chair in my living room is essentially the same color so maybe I just need to reset my thought process here.

Btw the autocorrect wants your name to be “mud stones”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    skid luxury

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post

I wish the e63s et al were viable for me, though I suspect the ones old/used enough for me to afford would be too expensive for me to keep on the road.
    What’s your budget? Here’s a 2016 for $40k. Extended warranty might be $10k (probably less) and regular maintenance another $10k for 5 years. Not much more than that Volvo out the door.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...20Lorenzo&dma=

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Liv2ski, It isn't 1990 anymore. Turbo engines don't blow up like that these days. Engine design is so far beyond what you think. Let go of your predisposition if you can.
    Perhaps you don't realize this, but our concerns go far beyond the turbo, which yes, Volvo knows extremely well. What spooks the hell out of me is that some of their newer models are turbocharged AND supercharged AND hybrid. Yeah, don't buy this one without a very comprehensive extended warranty. Even if the car's cylinders being boosted to high hell (36 to 50 pounds of boost which is insane), it's actually the electronics that scare me the most. I REALLY want the new Polestar 1, but that one's strictly a "Lease Only" model for me (if I can ever swing it or even obtain one that is).

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Nothing screams reliability like 160+ bhp per made in China liter.

Damn fine looking car though. But after my V50 experience I'd rather something that looks that good fuck me and not my wallet.
    I need to ask what this V50 experience was all about. I've seen a few nice V50 R Design AWD for sale that have me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Back seat leg room??? A Volvo V90cc is the car for you. Huge back seat area. I was thinking of buying one, but I decided to stick with my old low tech V70R rather than shelling out $35k+ for a 2018 V90cc with a 4 cylinder engine
    There are some really nice looking V70R's out there now. Some enthusiast owned ones seem to have all sorts of tasteful mods done and they almost all tout how well they've been maintained. I kind of think I wouldn't mind having one in the driveway for what they cost to buy, is the maintenance really that expensive that I should stay away if I'm not prepared to spend a couple $k/yr keeping it right?

I'm just curious: what do you guys need all the horse power for, except paying the gas man? I mean you're not even allowed to go fast and I can go 180(communist kilometers per hour, which is 110-120mules per antique hourglass in the US ) with my 120hp wagon easily. I could go faster, but that is stress and not cruising.

And it goes up the mountain with no difficulty at all. So why the 300 400 or God knows how much hp? I get 4wd, but excessive power? I mean I drive 100km with 5 litres of diesel. (whatever that is in miles per obscure cubic American measurement Edit: about 67km/40+miles per gallon).

Concerning durability: I don't think the bigger engine d oes make any difference. my last vw wagon didn't make the Tüv anymore (or to be more precise I didnt want to spend that much money on wear parts because the doors were rusting through.... All that salt on the roads.)with 16 years and 275k km I thought that was OK. And the 1.9 litre TDi would have lasted another 100k...
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

300 hp is the perfect amount.
    I still call it The Jake.

It isn't horsepower, it is torque. 450 ft/lbs or 600 Nm is an effortless climb up the mountain. Then we get stuck in traffic and it is pointless.

Personally 300 hp/300ft lb hp/tq is the perfect balance on a car. Keep the weight no more than 3500 lbs and oh boy that is a solid ride.

Sorry I should have given all my numbers in freedom units.

As all these cars got heavier with tech, safety, and noise dampening the engines had to get more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I need to ask what this V50 experience was all about. I've seen a few nice V50 R Design AWD for sale that have me intrigued.

There are some really nice looking V70R's out there now. Some enthusiast owned ones seem to have all sorts of tasteful mods done and they almost all tout how well they've been maintained. I kind of think I wouldn't mind having one in the driveway for what they cost to buy, is the maintenance really that expensive that I should stay away if I'm not prepared to spend a couple $k/yr keeping it right?
    Off the top of my head, I am guessing my 2006 V70R runs me between $1k in a low maintenance year to closer to $4k in a big year (clutch, AWD sleeve, modules). So call it $2,500 a year on average. I can live with that.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'm just curious: what do you guys need all the horse power for?
    My trip to the snow is on about 150 miles of 2 lane highway, so I need the horsepower to quickly pass the slow pokes. I would go bonkers trapped behind these guys because my car couldn't blast by them. Likely add about an hour to the 6 hour drive too.

^ passing in blind corners and double solid lines. #yolo

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post

Who's saying that? More like in the few passing zones in the canyons up to the ski hill where said slowpokes like to speed up all of a sudden. That's when having more ponies is super awesome. SSSSoooooo satisfying to blast past them no matter how hard they try to push their Chevy Trax in their futile attempt to not allow you to pass.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

100%

I know every legal passing spot and short cut available on my normal drives. Having power and torque in the small car makes those spots useful and a quick burst of fun.

When I drive the camper van those spots are not gonna happen. I sit in the slow right lane where I belong. Either way I'm in my comfortable bubble. Good stereo is also a necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'm just curious: what do you guys need all the horse power for, except paying the gas man?.
    2 Lane roads with a 100 kph speed limit where an astounding number of drivers poke along at 80 kph until one tries to pass them. That's when the extra horsies are nice. 300 of them are kind of a minimum.

I buy longroof manual trans sleds and hold onto them forever. Our '06 V70R has around 140kmiles and the '06 s4 has 155kmiles. They cost between2-3k a year to maintain but they are the cars we want, there's no replacement for them. There is some environmental value in maintaining as opposed to buying new.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I believe he’s taking about hwy 395. There’s definitely a lot of illegal and dangerous passing on 395, sometimes with fatal results for multiple parties, but there’s also legal passing areas on steeper grades where extra power really helpful.

That wasn't an accusation. It was an admission. It's only fatal if you don't have enough power.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I believe he’s taking about hwy 395. There’s definitely a lot of illegal and dangerous passing on 395, sometimes with fatal results for multiple parties, but there’s also legal passing areas on steeper grades where extra power really helpful.
    That wasn't an accusation. It was an admission. It's only fatal if you don't have enough power.

The above are correct. I can drive the 395 with my eyes closed, as in I really know that road. I never pass unless I can see way down the road for oncoming traffic. I will pass in double line corners, but I can see way around the corners because of the elevation change. In the ski club I am known as the fast driver. My last few passengers I asked them how the ride was and they said FAST, but I felt safe. That is why you need horse power.

I heart wagons. The wife had her VW AllTrack pinched two weeks ago. Now that insurance has come through, I think I might have her talked into a Volvo V60 - likely a 2016 and newer. I love the way they look. And since VW is longer importing the AllTrack, we are looking elsewhere.

While we don't have any kids, we do have a few dogs. I may use it for a ski rig here and there, but it'll mainly be her car for driving to and from the high school where she teaches.

What do I need to know about those wagons? And trim levels?

Off the top of my head, I am guessing my 2006 V70R runs me between $1k in a low maintenance year to closer to $4k in a big year (clutch, AWD sleeve, modules). So call it $2,500 a year on average. I can live with that.
    I'm looking at autos (gasp) so the kids can drive it if they have to but my wife wants me to keep looking at manuals because she doesn't want us to not have at least one in the driveway. I think I can live with $2k/yr, that's really not too bad. I may tap you for hints if I go that way.

The above are correct. I can drive the 395 with my eyes closed, as in I really know that road. I never pass unless I can see way down the road for oncoming traffic. I will pass in double line corners, but I can see way around the corners because of the elevation change. In the ski club I am known as the fast driver. My last few passengers I asked them how the ride was and they said FAST, but I felt safe. That is why you need horse power.
    I have friends that select their vehicles based on that drive.

As did I. AWD wagon that hauls ass. If I wasn't trying to retire next year I would be all over an A6 avant as I is to poor for the RS6