Page 97 of 290 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I thought about putting a GIANT picture of an odometer over 125,000 and surrounding it thousands of dollars in repair bills but decided to just stop at Party City and grab something cheap and fast.
    lol
    I just passed 100k and the radio stopped working. already thinking about the trade in...
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    lol
    I just passed 100k and the radio stopped working. already thinking about the trade in...
    Luckily I've got a long way to go before 100k, but I'll probably get there quicker than most. All the talk of exploding engines in this thread lately just gave me the idea.

Sort of on topic, I'm kinda amazed at how solid this car and engine have been. First Audi, first 2.0 engine, would buy again.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    No shit that stuff belongs in a wagons with skirts thread with this beauty
    Attachment 299347
    Those are sexy powder skirts
    watch out for snakes

Finally! My DD will be the wifes old 2012 XC70 T6! now to fix the suspension per advice on another thread, and start driving the beast! not as euro as i wanted, but i guess swede is close enough.

with just 60k on the clock is the polestar worth trying? would rather have longevity so maybe skip this?

Some guys like to mod their cars, me, I just like to keep it in near new condition, which costs enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Finally! My DD will be the wifes old 2012 XC70 T6! now to fix the suspension per advice on another thread, and start driving the beast! not as euro as i wanted, but i guess swede is close enough.

with just 60k on the clock is the polestar worth trying? would rather have longevity so maybe skip this?
    I dunno, $1200 is a lot for 25 hp, but it also tweaks the drive train. Our XC60 T6 is plenty to keep me wondering how my wife doesn't have a stack of speeding tickets.

Congrats on the new-to-you car. The polestar info says 25 additional hp but I heard it's more like 15hp. What's the other suspension advice thread you're referring to? I'm looking at xc70 t6 models to purchase and wonder what mods are suggested?

Luckily I've got a long way to go before 100k, but I'll probably get there quicker than most. All the talk of exploding engines in this thread lately just gave me the idea.

Sort of on topic, I'm kinda amazed at how solid this car and engine have been. First Audi, first 2.0 engine, would buy again.
    I’ll be rolling 100k any day now (‘13). Got it at around 70k. It’s been solid except for having to replace the timing chain within a few months of getting it. No other explosions, though, and nothing to make me think another 50k will be a problem.

I’d do it again, except no local dealer/support network makes it a little tricky. Good chance the next significant explosion finds me in a regal tour x, though I’m eyeing up those Volvos too.
    focus.

Nice! I miss our old ‘12 XC70 T6. You’ll be just fine with the 300hp imho.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Some guys like to mod their cars, me, I just like to keep it in near new condition, which costs enough.
    I subscribe to this theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’ll be rolling 100k any day now (‘13). Got it at around 70k. It’s been solid except for having to replace the timing chain within a few months of getting it. No other explosions, though, and nothing to make me think another 50k will be a problem.

I’d do it again, except no local dealer/support network makes it a little tricky. Good chance the next significant explosion finds me in a regal tour x, though I’m eyeing up those Volvos too.
    What were the indicators that made you change the timing chain so early?

Wagon Stoke

What were the indicators that made you change the timing chain so early?
    It stopped working.

The chain stretched and slipped. One tooth = check engine light and occasional loss of power and a lot of head scratching. Two teeth = barely enough power to get out of the driveway and to the little hole in the wall shop that would work on it.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    It stopped working. The chain stretched and slipped.
    Just wouldn’t turn over? I’m not positive on the design, are there safeguards in place so when it happens it doesn’t torpedo the engine?

Wagon Stoke

Just wouldn’t turn over? I’m not positive on the design, are there safeguards in place so when it happens it doesn’t torpedo the engine?
    Answered your question in my edit.

Didn’t break anything, though wasn’t a sure thing, I guess. From my understanding a broken chain or more than a couple slipped teeth can definitely fuck some shit up.

At some point in its history somebody was lax re: oil changes, was the mechanic’s best guess. He’d never seen one do that.... the cams needed replacing too, but the cams and shafts are one piece in these cars, so what SHOULD be a $60 part was like an $800 part and a whole shitload of labor. So....cross our fingers that these old worn out ones don’t cause any issues.
    focus.

^^^^^ Uuugh, I always read stuff like that on Audi's and their damn timing chains. I guess the solution is always be under warranty which gets pricey.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^^ Uuugh, I always read stuff like that on Audi's and their damn timing chains. I guess the solution is always be under warranty which gets pricey.
    Audis are off my list for this very reason... well that and the fact I am too poe to afford one under warranty
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

They were off my list as well but had to try a TDI before they were gone from the USA. Seems worth it...when buying used

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Congrats on the new-to-you car. The polestar info says 25 additional hp but I heard it's more like 15hp. What's the other suspension advice thread you're referring to? I'm looking at xc70 t6 models to purchase and wonder what mods are suggested?
    Buy my 09 XC70 T6: 89k miles, 9/10 condition, mag price $10,500.
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=330501

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Looks like a sweet whip, well taken care of. But I'm looking for something a little newer, with fewer miles.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    i actually was a day away from reaching out..cant believe its not sold?!

i wasted 2 weeks looking at TDi tourega and Q5s, but its like an inbred puppy mill in the TDI 3.0 market..one dealer actually sent me a sales cotract for a '12 executive Touareg - not inspected and a huge dent in the door.

good luck on selling!

its amazing motor and per advice here ill skip polestar and will find the list of upgrades to suspension.

Air force buddy never came back to the states after retiring. got sick if me whining while riding overseas about no good wagons state side so he sends me pics of these all the time..prickClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191028-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	376.7 KB 
ID:	300106

Bumping this because my wife's Alltrack is turning into a train wreck at 25k miles. Passenger side wheel bearing is cooked and now there is a new transmission warning light that VW says is apart of a recall. Even better is the part for the recall isn't available yet. This is after going back to dealer several times for a plethora of warning lights and other bullshit. Any else having this many issues with theirs?

The discounts on the Buick Tour X wagon are deep and that may be the next vehicle.

I've had mostly VW's and Audis over the years and I love them but they really fucking suck sometimes.

I’d really like to hear some first hand beta on that TourX. Sure it won’t drive like an Audi but if all you’re looking for is a good looking wagon with what appears to be plenty of luxury touches, space and power, the prices are so low you’d have to consider it.

I’d really like to hear some first hand beta on that TourX. Sure it won’t drive like an Audi but if all you’re looking for is a good looking wagon with what appears to be plenty of luxury touches, space and power, the prices are so low you’d have to consider it.
    Also curious!

The thing with the Tour X is to my knowledge you can not turn off the start stop function and I fucking hate that. Otherwise for the price, it looked like a great option for a guy that really wants an AWD wagon with 250 hp. I have seen new $42k MSRP cars for $25k or less. That is a mark down.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Bumping this because my wife's Alltrack is turning into a train wreck at 25k miles. Passenger side wheel bearing is cooked and now there is a new transmission warning light that VW says is apart of a recall. Even better is the part for the recall isn't available yet. This is after going back to dealer several times for a plethora of warning lights and other bullshit. Any else having this many issues with theirs?
    Damn, that sucks. The recall should be straightforward since it's just a switch in the gear selector. Sucks about the wheel bearing, at least it should be covered by the warranty.