Page 181 of 290 FirstFirst ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    My boys getting his license next year
    And he wants an MT.
    Sweeeeet. My boy finally expressed interest in figuring out how the manual transmission works on my Wrangler.

I'm hoping it's still with us when he's ready to take the wheel in 8 years. It's a 2005 with hardly any miles on it, but tons of memories.

Yes!

My 11 yo is doing great at shifting from the passenger seat. Almost to the point we don't need to discuss where and when to shift.

Alltrack is going in Thursday for the the water pump that seems to fail on all of these 1.8's according to the internets, and intermittent wiper failure (most likely just a relay). Been smelling like antifreeze for a long time but not really using much so I figured I'd put it off till it started leaking more and that time is now.

Fucking VW. Thankful for 6/72 warranty. Currently at 3/48.5

The last time I had a car in our fleet repaired by someone else was several years ago in Taos when a brake line exploded on the Subaru. Already bracing for an argument with the stealership but remembering what the therapists tell me (actually someone else on a session I sat in on but got more out of it than they did), that is a worry for later.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    ^^^ yeah he knows it’s less likely to get stolen by crackheads

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    In Atlanta when you have to go get your annual e-check test, if you have a manual each and every one of those station attendants calls that a "theft-prevention system".

Great pics, YouMomJustCalled.

(that's not weird typing out at all)
    I still call it The Jake.

Coupla specimens in the hood today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210929_132053.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	387297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210929_132129.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	387298

Lol. My boy has been shifting from the passenger seat for a few years.

He finally got to work the clutch last summer. Old friend has a Miata. Private subdivision. He loved it.

He is ready to drive with both feet.
    . . .

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Did you send the box to the parking lot on a farm up north or did you reclaim it so the spirit it captured can live on with another?
    tried the box on our new whip but it was a bit too tall for our garage so we gave it to our neighbor’s kid who was heading off to college in oregon. I bought that roof box when I first moved west 21 years ago so it lasted well and was finicky, but still worked pretty darn well. glad to see it still in use

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Take car to a frame shop for proper alignment and troubleshooting.
    I could have… but really I just wanted a new car lol
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Coupla specimens in the hood today.

Name:	20210929_132053.jpeg 
Views:	107 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	387297Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210929_132129.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	116.1 KB 
ID:	387298
    Nice.

There’s a 6MT twin to that 328 on BaT right now.
    I still call it The Jake.

Name:	IMG_9311.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	264.8 KB 
ID:	387493
    Drove wifey’s OB 3.6 down for snow tires yesterday. Got her some new wheels to try and sport it up a little.

I seem to have a real knack for forgetting I put the CVT in manual and driving around in one “range” for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

There goes that tranny and nice looking wheels
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    There goes that tranny and nice looking wheels
    I’m pretty sure the tranny has an idiot override for “special” drivers like me. Wife loves this car, and the new wheels! I’ve been looking at other possible upgrades for her, but a wise man recommended I leave as-is, since she loves it, and throw more upgrades at my own ride. Solid advice right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Who knew a lowly Alltrack S comes with rain sensing wipers. It took a stealership tech to clue me in. Turn that fancy shit off! PS they don't work for shit.

Anyway, other than that embarrassing moment things went the way they needed to go, VW is buying me a new water pump and they gave me back my car till it arrives.

Subaru here in town probably has 20 water pumps on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Who knew a lowly Alltrack S comes with rain sensing wipers. It took a stealership tech to clue me in. Turn that fancy shit off! PS they don't work for shit.
    Classic solution in search of a problem.

Lol. More common than you might think. My old '96 Deville had rain sensing wipers. Even my shitty '05 Trailblazer has them. They actually work surprisingly well. Kinda nice not having to constantly switch the variable speed as you go through a rain storm that's constantly changing how hard it's coming down. Unnecessary, but I dunno. I've come to like them. Have come on my last 4 cars I've owned actually now that I think about, and my "newest" car is an '08. Must be pretty ubiquitous these days.

Anyway, other than that embarrassing moment things went the way they needed to go, VW is buying me a new water pump and they gave me back my car till it arrives.

Huh. Might tell you something about the failure rate on one versus the other. Bet your VW dealer's going through those bad boys about as fast they can get them in. Haha.

Hopefully they can get one in and we don't have to wait for the Germans to build me one.

Big fan of the rain sensing wipers. I get annoyed when I’m driving a car without. Problem in the winter…. But otherwise they work fantastic.
    focus.

I’ve been impressed with the S Alltrack in terms of features. Heated seats and lane departure and six speed. I like the wipers until I get in a car wash

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Seriously and old man comment to bitch about rain sensing wipers lol

They have been around forever.

Damn push button start! Damn one touch up and down drivers window!!

You leave your car running in the car wash? What fucking century were you guys born in? You still playing 8 track tapes and trying to find leaded fuel?

Is the water pump a variable flow model? My TDI has one and they're known to fail. The replacement pump is not variable so I guess VW tried to get a bit cute.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

This is super accurate and describes me perfectly. I don't like anything that tries to out think me.

There is zero percent chance I will ever turn the rain sensing wipers back on.

Also pissed as punch my Galaxy s21 doesn't have a headphone jack or an SD card slot. Progress my ass

don't forget auto stop/start

We rented a big ass diesel manual passenger van in Yurp with start stop. I loved it. So there is slender hope for me aging gracefully into tomorrow's tech as long as it includes yesterdays.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Oh I know. The old guys on the Transit forum just about monthly create a new thread asking how to disable start/stop.

The damn starter is going to burn out! I don't like things thinking for me! Who at Ford can I call to bitch about this!

Ok. Now THAT one pisses me off. Every rental car I've had lately has reminded me how badly I do NOT want a new car with this feature. Unless it's a hybrid, it plain sucks in most cars. Get a green light, brain and right foot says "GO!" Cars like "Lemme think about that for a sec. Yawn. Oh, ok. Guess we can go now." Only new car I have my eyes on has a MT, and if it has this "feature," then it may be a total no-go for me.

Oh I know. The old guys on the Transit forum just about monthly create a new thread asking how to disable start/stop.

The damn starter is going to burn out! I don't like things thinking for me! Who at Ford can I call to bitch about this!
    hey old man, there's a button on the dash eh?

Fuck I hate that. Old man ranting
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.