Page 99 of 288 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

If you want to use a FM adapter to get an aux in jack, take a look at the ones that T into the FM radio antenna cable. It'll be a much cleaner signal than the ones that transmit over radio waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Keep the faith man. Any problems finding parts these days?
    none that we've found yet....seems everything is still available.

Still cheaper year over year than a car payment so....

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I dream of a 4wd 1956 Nomad

I would be so very happy with a 4wd Nomad.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    2 door wagons you say?

Wow! That speaks to me. That a 145 or a 240? Any more info?

ETA: https://bangshift.com/general-news/v...wagon-awesome/

For sale for $6,900 in 2016. That seems like a bargain.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I believe its a 145 with a V8 dropped in.
    I still call it The Jake.

I believe its a 145 with a V8 dropped in.
    Meh... kinda weak when it really boils down to it - https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...edan-for-sale/

Thinking about trading in my Grand Cherokee for a Golf Sportwagen or Alltrack....Anyone have one/know much about them?
    They look sharp with a few mods!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	417c13eac6eb316bf34fac39f49f3c96.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	445.5 KB 
ID:	302650

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I dream of a 4wd 1956 Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I would be so very happy with a 4wd Nomad.
    Name:  Image1574003688.398020.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  75.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I like mine...great little ski machine. Showed 28.8 mpg last night with that box on the roof. Get the S to avoid the panoramic leaky sunroof issue/fiasco/ nightmare for some. If you find one with a sunroof I'd seal it off with vinyl or caulk or something.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Think that 9-5 wagon is a fantastic car for the money.

I was thinking the S for the 4Motion.. Auto or Manual? Heard the manual feels a little sloppy

Anyone have any experience with the new Mazda 3 AWD? It looks like a sharp little ride.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    I was thinking the S for the 4Motion.. Auto or Manual? Heard the manual feels a little sloppy
    Several of us Alltrack owners here, search this thread. I have the manual and like it. The VW forums describe a simple mod to the clutch: https://www.google.com/amp/s/forums....ring-Mod&amp=1

Love the manual...it is why I bought an Alltrack vs anything else. DSG is an equally fine option for those that swing that direction.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Think that 9-5 wagon is a fantastic car for the money.

Sorry if my post made it sound like I bought the Saab at that price. I own it. Been in family since 2008 new. That 1400ish was just her latest repair tally at 160k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Name:  Image1574003688.398020.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  75.2 KB

>>sproing<<

About 10 years ago there was a guy tooling around Silverton in a cherry b+w jacked 4wd Nomad. Such an awesome sled.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I also have the manual and it is fine.

Thinking about trading in my Grand Cherokee for a Golf Sportwagen or Alltrack....Anyone have one/know much about them?
    They look sharp with a few mods!!

Name:	417c13eac6eb316bf34fac39f49f3c96.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	445.5 KB 
ID:	302650
    That's a good looking red ryder.
    I had an '09 Jetta Sportwagen, sold back to VW. Now have a '12 JSW. Both TDI's...
    - 2010 - 2014, the JSW is a golf rebadged for NA

Helluva better go'er than the jeepoo. Loved my pano roof, only a small percentage had real issues; a couple of minor mods for leaks and squeaks. Wish I'da gotten a pano on the '12 but good without it.
    And you can mod the shite out of them on so many levels.

I like my DSG, get about 38-40 mpg daily. Got 35 driving to Alpy from JH last spring, loaded and a box full of gear in gnar weather hauling ass. And studded snows which have a higher rolling resistance.
    And I can race it up the pass with any other manual.

Name:	GOPR0829.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	302725

Shaggy - Your location says Norwalk; My Dad is from Clyde. I skied at MT. Mansfield once as a kid w/cousins...

There was a dealer from near Cleveland pushing VW buybacks last spring with a ton of nice deals, checkitout.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Anyone have any experience with the new Mazda 3 AWD? It looks like a sharp little ride.
    Just because I've never quoted myself before...

No you can't get much real world info about these because they haven't made it to the states yet, they're on the water. I checked out the sedan to get a feel for it and it's nice, even the seats are mostly acceptable. The awd is only going to be auto there's a stick but only in the fwd. Blah. Next...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    That's a good looking red ryder.
    I had an '09 Jetta Sportwagen, sold back to VW. Now have a '12 JSW. Both TDI's...
    - 2010 - 2014, the JSW is a golf rebadged for NA

Helluva better go'er than the jeepoo. Loved my pano roof, only a small percentage had real issues; a couple of minor mods for leaks and squeaks. Wish I'da gotten a pano on the '12 but good without it.
    And you can mod the shite out of them on so many levels.

I like my DSG, get about 38-40 mpg daily. Got 35 driving to Alpy from JH last spring, loaded and a box full of gear in gnar weather hauling ass. And studded snows which have a higher rolling resistance.
    And I can race it up the pass with any other manual.

Name:	GOPR0829.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	302725

Shaggy - Your location says Norwalk; My Dad is from Clyde. I skied at MT. Mansfield once as a kid w/cousins...

There was a dealer from near Cleveland pushing VW buybacks last spring with a ton of nice deals, checkitout.
    Dang I work about 10 from Clyde! I have a test drive scheduled for Saturday for a 19 Alltrack manual...

Snowtrails opens this Friday for their earliest season ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Just because I've never quoted myself before...

No you can't get much real world info about these because they haven't made it to the states yet, they're on the water. I checked out the sedan to get a feel for it and it's nice, even the seats are mostly acceptable. The awd is only going to be auto there's a stick but only in the fwd. Blah. Next...
    The hatch has some HUDGE C pillars.. Hopefully it has some blind spot monitors! Sucks auto only on the awd.. Didn't Audi just drop all manuals from the US? Might be a very bad trend!

This is a great little write up on a wagon...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5372...09565445748677

First ask yourself, are you ready to fight off hoards of women? Because this is your ride to cougar town, and guess what? You can fit 7 of em in this thing at a time. Comes with a pack of Trojan MAGNUM condoms because you can’t be knocking up every beauty you bring home to the trailer park. 5.7 v8 because there’s no replacement for displacement, yes it will boil the tires off, yes it will get sideways and pucker your butthole, yes it does leak about every fluid you put into it. If your grandpa didn’t have one of these bad boys in the 90s was he even proud to be American? Yes it does have the rear facing 3rd row seat, or you can fold them all down and literally live in this thing. You can live in a car but can you race a house? Been daily driving this land barge for about a month and a half now, but my old lady told me I need to sell it because of all the women she’s had to fight off. Runs mint, it’s rusty, leaks fluids, breaks suck but work, asking $1200 open to trades.

My bad BB! Please disregard anything I've said above. Go get that new V90XC!
    I like the looks of those a lot and also thinking about one of those porsche macans
    But I think I read a mediocre review of the new volvos here tho- too much tech that messes with ones ability to actually drive? I think I read it here at least

keep posting up the sweet new wagons here, gang, so I can get more ideas bc lord knows we don't need another what car/ski/boot for me thread
    skid luxury

3months in w/ the 2020 V60xc. The tech is fine, though navigating thru the touch screen windows was a little clunky at first. I like the heads up display projection setting for real time speed limit and current speed , and the camera system is robust enough for self-driving but hands have to stay on wheel or a warning comes on and it shuts down. Less storage in the seat compartments than the xc70, miss yhe front seat pocket for sliding wallet/phone into.

Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    3months in w/ the 2020 V60xc. The tech is fine, though navigating thru the touch screen windows was a little clunky at first. I like the heads up display projection setting for real time speed limit and current speed , and the camera system is robust enough for self-driving but hands have to stay on wheel or a warning comes on and it shuts down. Less storage in the seat compartments than the xc70, miss yhe front seat pocket for sliding wallet/phone into.

Congrats on the new whip!

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post

These look like awesome rigs but way too much work - like we’ve gone to far and are fighting tech instead of it making things easier. I may be wrong as I haven’t driven one but I want things in the following order for general daily drivers:

Utility
    Performance
    Safety
    Convenience tech

I know people will order those differently but that’s me.

Have we started to expect so much from a car that it has started to demand things back from us?