Page 67 of 290 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

$900 from boston to spokane wa 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Get the red one.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    BTW if that pricing looks good, try offering 750 over to a local dealer to see if they bite. Likely similar incentives available at the dealer level nationwide
    Actually, just offer them the same price via email followed up by a phone call. It worked for me before.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    $900 from boston to spokane wa 2 years ago.
    you think you're better than me
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Base Alltracks come with 17 inch wheels instead of 18 inch wheels as well. Cheaper tougher tires with a better ride.

Looks like guys are going 205/65 16 for snows and having no problems. One guy claims 215/65 16 will work with no rubbing.
    I ended up doing 205/65 Blizzaks on 16" rims because I got fancy 16" wheels for pennies online for cheaper than a set of steelies. They work fine, except that because of the tighter interior brake shoe clearance, the shop wasn't able to add the second wheel weight for balance. I didn't notice any issues or abnormal wear.

I don't mind the 17" on our SE. My only complaint is the shit Falken tires they sold it with have zero traction when there's a dusting of snow/ice right now.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    I ended up doing 205/65 Blizzaks on 16" rims because I got fancy 16" wheels for pennies online for cheaper than a set of steelies. They work fine, except that because of the tighter interior brake shoe clearance, the shop wasn't able to add the second wheel weight for balance. I didn't notice any issues or abnormal wear.

I don't mind the 17" on our SE. My only complaint is the shit Falken tires they sold it with have zero traction when there's a dusting of snow/ice right now.
    VW's are good for having limited space for interior balance weights. You can get the external, clamp/hammer in type when needed or preferred.

I didn't think I was in the market for a new car. Like those Buicks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I didn't think I was in the market for a new car. Like those Buicks a lot
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=491876962
    Here's one for $22,791. Doing a nationwide search, I actually found several in the low to mid $20Ks. I dunno what's going on with Buick, but at first glance, the Regal sure seems to beat out a LOT of new cars in the bang for the buck department. What are we missing here? They're sharp looking. Opel based? Are they pieces of crap or drive like butt? Seriously. I'm perplexed.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Here's one for $22,791. Doing a nationwide search, I actually found several in the low to mid $20Ks. I dunno what's going on with Buick, but at first glance, the Regal sure seems to beat out a LOT of new cars in the bang for the buck department. What are we missing here? They're sharp looking. Opel based? Are they pieces of crap or drive like butt? Seriously. I'm perplexed.
    I think some of it is marketing and branding in the US market. The brand is a cash cow in China, though.

The reviews on the Regal are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post

Thanks. I also have the Falkens - sticky as heck on dry roads so I figured they would be bad on frozen precip. Maybe it is the SEL's that get the 18's.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The one thing that concerns me about those Buick wagons is GM sold off Opel recently so what kind of support will there be for these in a couple of years. Other than that I really like them too and would seriously consider one especially at those prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I think some of it is marketing and branding in the US market. The brand is a cash cow in China, though.

The reviews on the Regal are nice.
    Americans want SUV's that have high seats they don't have to sit down into. The only wagon selling well in this country right now is the Outback and for good reason. It is SUV like and checks almost every box except manual and fun to drive. The 2020 Outback will solve the fun to drive issue. Reputation for reliability.

It is a golden age for wagon buyers. Good deals in preowned minivans as well.

I think the Buick looks great and reviews have been good though not exactly glowing but you can say that about the Outback as well...8 speed automatic. I wanted a 6 speed manual over all else and I was willing to cross over to the dark side to get one but the Buick was shortlisted.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I just sold my Buick LaCrosse to buy Yooper’s allroad. I was pretty impressed with the Buick. Good build quality, reliability rankings up there with Toyota and Lexus for some model years. AWD. Comfortable. The 3.5L V6 had some pretty good punch. Mileage was shit, but it was a big fucking car with 300+ naturally aspirated horses. Drove way nicer than the Audi, even if the actual handling doesn’t compare. Smooth and quiet. I got TONS of shit for driving a Buick, but fuck the haters. I’d have kept it if it had a place to put my dogs besides my lap (with 3 kids in the backseat).

I’m looking hard at that TourX. In a year or two there should be some good used deals to be had.
    focus.

I saw a number of the Opel wagons on the roads in the alps the past few weeks. They seem to be doing well there. Also a lot of the skoda wagon, which I think shares some with the VW wagons

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I was hoping that Opel Insignia (Buick Tourx) would be sold with the 3.6 V6, but only the 2.0 4 is sold here. Buick does sell the hatchback with exactly the powertrain I'd like: 3.6, AWD, 8-spd auto. But my interest is because of the wagon shape. Also wish it didn't have that uneven plastic trim over the wheel arches.

I need to go test drive one. I checked it out at an auto show but didn't drive it then. It's a large car - cargo area in particular is deep. Would fit ski gear nicely. Interior plastics were kind of cheap, so I think it competes more with lower end Subaru than any of the other Euro wagons. I remember seeing reviews complaining about how the transmission shifts, but it's an Aisin trans, so hopefully that means reliable.

A higher trim one at $10K off is interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’m looking hard at that TourX. In a year or two there should be some good used deals to be had.
    Heck, there are some good NEW deals to be had. Normally I'm not an advocate for buying new, but the discounts seem steep enough to be advantageous over used in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    A higher trim one at $10K off is interesting...
    Yeah, that's the game changer right there. Some of what I'm seeing is like 1/3 off MSRP!!! We could never find those sorts of deals on a Subaru. Not when even used ones go for dang near new retail.

Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

^^^^JFC - this planet is chock full of idiots. Eastern Europe seems to revel in idiocy.

Notice the big ass truck in the roadway? Why not use that?

And the building leaning the other way, tying into it up high; not any physics involved there...

Props to the wagon though.

This ‘28 Dodge Brothers Suburban is at the dealership working on my truck.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1970.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	261.5 KB 
ID:	252354

Alltrack SEL available w/ MT now.

What does that add? A creaky giant sunroof? Lights and leather?

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Alltrack SEL available w/ MT now.
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    If I am reading VW's website correctly, it costs $10,000 to upgrade from cloth to "leather-ette". Ten grand extra for vinyl ?? No thanks.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

yeah yeah, but it's top grain virgin vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    So in the wagon thread you're complaining that one company actually added to their wagon line-up with a manual version of one of their wagons?

Despite still being V- Tex, I think you get better seats with the SEL. They're the same ones in the leather GTI. You can also get the brown interior, which is really nice.

The Pano sunroofs have a history of leaking. No idea how widespread it really is but there's lots of chirping about it on the forums.

Dual zone climate control is in there too.

The top model of any car is usually a poor value. The sweet spot for the golf wagon and all track is the SE/Comforline (Canada).

But for many the good seats are worth it. My cloth ones are just ok.