Page 146 of 290 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

#betterthana2018audi

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    An '89 Beretta was my first car. I beat the ever living piss out of it and it never flinched. Fast for what it was, and bonus amusment watching people try to figure out how to open the door.
    My buddy had 89’ tempo, you literally could not kill that car. The paint however was eaten by acid rain in the Niagara Region of very very upstate New York in only 4 short years.

Fuck... couple of my friends bought a stolen 89 tempo off a guy in the street..when they were 14.... it ran over countless street signs and mailboxes...

It would. Not. Die.

But!!! When it did... they left it in the left Turn lane of a busy intersection and ran the fuck away fast...

I’m sayin though....the 90s were great.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecked View Post
    Whoa ..I must have come across as being one of those die hard “buy American” Detroit car guys..... I understand my comments about dodge dusters and Chevy berettas could be mis interpreted as me being super fucking pro American cars.... I am not.

I am just against Audi.... which we will agree to disagree on.

That said... the Chevy beretta is the only car that is NOT faster in red.... it’s fastest color is teal. Yes teal. It does not follow the same color rules for speed as say.... other cars... or ski poles in red.
    Lol, I got ya. That said, it is undisputed that teal is the official color of the 90s, and therefore, the fastest, and bestest color.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Yes, but only if it has the GTU package.

As soon as I find the picture that I know I have somewhere, I'll update this post. Until then, I will leave you with this regarding the Beretta: it's a two door Corsica. With lipstick, even in the upmarket trims.

That said, it was total hoot to drive, or more accuately, wreck when your buddy driving it powerslides into the nearest snowbank. or car. or jersey wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    My buddy had 89’ tempo, you literally could not kill that car. The paint however was eaten by acid rain in the Niagara Region of very very upstate New York in only 4 short years.
    A good friend from college drove the higher-end Mercury Topaz. Even though his folks' old car had lost paint to things like rain, and suspension to things like Ohio, it was utterly and completely infallible. Could not break that junker.
    I still call it The Jake.

There was a mercury topaz wagon btw

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    There was an AWD Topaz too.

http://testdrivejunkie.com/1987-merc...acturer-promo/

Quote Originally Posted by YourMomJustCalled View Post
    Holy Christ on a bike. Now that’s the ultimate unicorn. Somebody call Ken Block and find one of those.

I wouldn’t accept any Audi cabriolet as a gift , unless maybe it was attached to a 4.2. But those convertibles are the most expensive of the whole lot to keep up with. You’ll have no qualms from me there.

But the seats thing.
    I’m gonna go against you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Were we just not ready for it yet? Why did they take that away?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    But the seats thing.
    I’m gonna go against you.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Right?

In the seat world the top of the mountain is Volvo, and then just below that is Audi.

Whoever designed the new seats and “leather” that went into my sisters new Suburban is playing a very long joke on people.

This dude does some neat stuff rehabbing old tired cheap machines. He's got a video where does a rehab on a Ducati in his parents garage which turned me on to his site.

His latest project is a E46 wagon he bought for $300. He's low key but knows his shit.

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Man I like that.

How did BMW lose their way design-wise so badly?

I just bought a $300 car I'm very pleased with.
    04 S80 Awd T5 in remarkable shape..
    sort of enamored

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    How did BMW lose their way design-wise so badly?
    Chris Bangle and Domagoj Dukec.

seats are pretty plush btw, I'm all of the sudden becoming a volvo guy....

seats are pretty plush btw, I'm all of the sudden becoming a volvo guy....
    Their seats are well regarded. What's broken? Transmission?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    In the seat world the top of the mountain is Volvo
    100% true!!! Even after 13 years and almost 200,000 miles of ass time, my Volvo seats are still utterly divine. No crushed padding and that thick, supple leather still looks and feels great. I'll report on my Audi after I get it actually running. Lol at the stereotypes. Fully warranted.

I've done many a cross-country road trip in the Volvo, and even after driving like 1800 miles straight, your back and butt still feel fine. Volvo seats are #1. Hands down.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Their seats are well regarded. What's broken? Transmission?
    just broken in at 140k. not much else I see....

just broken in at 140k. not much else I see....
    Them: $300 = how ???

Aldo, luckily you can do a great job working on your own cars, but is sounds like you got a smokin deal. I would flush the trans for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Aldo, luckily you can do a great job working on your own cars, but is sounds like you got a smokin deal. I would flush the trans for sure.
    Indeed. The weak spot in that car (and mine). Great Euro shop I used to go to said to ignore the manufacturer's recommended schedule and change the trans fluid RELIGIOUSLY. Like every 50K or so, and that makes all the difference in the world with that car. I believe them, as I've made it this far and the trans still shifts like new. Fingers crossed...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

biggest issue so far is the smell of cigar smoke. Even as an ex smoker it's overbearing - I honestly enjoy when the faint hint of cigarettes jumps out of some of my interiors - reminds me of the rich pleasure I once enjoyed while motoring.

Dunno how but Audi must have co-designed the 2.7 with Harley Davidson considering HP/fuel consumption.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I had one of those RS6's in front of me earlier today. Damn that thing is hot and it sounds fucking awesome when it's opened up. I had a rolling start and had my supercharged, overweight, beast all wound up and that thing rolled away from me like I was driving a 68 Beetle. The want is strong.

i am sure one will fall into my price range in 37 years. Oh yeah, sound off.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

i am sure one will fall into my price range in 37 years. Oh yeah, sound off.
    It took 4 minutes for the dude to make a three point turn, and then they never paid it off by letting us see it go fast.

Disappoint. I will gladly illustrate to them how to execute that maneuver more efficiently. And then how to FUCKING FLOOR IT for a few seconds for the titillation of their captive audience.

Pretty, though.
    focus.