Page 79 of 290 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

SIVs have worse looks, worse handling and worse fuel economy for no practical benefit over a wagon.

The hate comes from manufacturers killing wagons in favour of SUVs/CUVs. An AWD Golf wagon will go 95% of the places most modern CUVs will go.

It isn't the manufacturers fault necessarily though right? Subaru is the only company that can actually sell a semi traditional station wagon right now because us Mericans still link wagon to the Brady Bunch unless you jack it up and cover it with plastic and faux roof rails designed to make them look taller than they are. Image over substance. The same reason huge Buick sedans with noses three times the length of the trunks were the car of choice for suburban moms and dads with penis envy before pickups took over the spot.

I drive our 4R to work every couple weeks to exercise it and though I appreciate it for what it is I don't enjoy the drive home. With the Alltrack I cannot wait to get in that thing and rally home.

And yeah. Full disclosure. I personally dig lifted wagons with too much plastic. We all have our weaknesses.

I’d love a VW wagon. But correct me if things have change in 25 yrs, cause they fell part back then. School friends had jettas and the upholstery from the ceiling would fall apart etc.

Honda does not have that problem. I’ve had two.

Also, my Audi and Porsche burned oil and the Porsche leaked when it rained. I never figured it out so don’t ask.

Based on all that, and my Pilot having 200k trouble free miles on it, am I going to get the same out of an VW?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    I’d love a VW wagon. But correct me if things have change in 25 yrs, cause they fell part back then. School friends had jettas and the upholstery from the ceiling would fall apart etc.

Also, my Audi and Porsche burned oil and the Porsche leaked when it rained. I never figured it out so don’t ask.

Based on all that, and my Pilot having 200k trouble free miles on it, am I going to get the same out of an VW?

No. You have to balance VW ownership with a Toyota or Honda in your quiver.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’d love a VW wagon. But correct me if things have change in 25 yrs, cause they fell part back then.
    My friend's diesel-gate Jetta wagon just developed a leaky sunroof.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    It isn't the manufacturers fault necessarily though right? Subaru is the only company that can actually sell a semi traditional station wagon right now because us Mericans still link wagon to the Brady Bunch unless you jack it up and cover it with plastic and faux roof rails designed to make them look taller than they are. Image over substance. The same reason huge Buick sedans with noses three times the length of the trunks were the car of choice for suburban moms and dads with penis envy before pickups took over the spot.
    Americans want to be high and mighty. Men think it's tough, and women think it's safe.

VW with a sunroof is like coffee with a cigarette. They seem to go well together but you should probably just stick with the coffee.

Especially here in the fourth corner. The weather forecast is always 'rainy, with a chance of sun'.

I have a 2012 (?) Sportswagon with 115K miles. Vacuum pump went at about 110K ($800 fix) but haven't had a single issue, large or small, otherwise(*knock wood*)--and I drive like an asshole in shitty, urban traffic. Still looks good, despite my benign neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    I don’t get the suv hate. I don’t have to snow blow my drive way to get out the door. When I drove a Saab with studded snows I had to clear my driveway when there was five or six inches of snow. It takes me an hour to get out and then more work later

Pushing a snowblower before work or skiing sucks

Do people live in snow country that post on here?

Wrong thread jong
    Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    You should find a daddy teat to suck. It works for Bobby Stainless.
    You have a crush on Bobby. How can I know? You are on his dick in a thread he hasnt posted in in months or if ever (i didnt go back past 2019) And you are in the closet too with your alias account you created for you to flirt with your previous crush. We are concerned that your confusion is a sign that you are struggling with your sexuality. We are here for you talk to us if you need to.

I put 70k on a dieselgate 6mt 2012 sportwagon and changed oil and tires and drove past a lot of gas stations. Once you figure out howto shift it proper its a helluva car. Only 1 or 2 factors from tgrdreamcar status!

audiA6avantwithturbomanualwithabox
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    But they’re so ugly.....
    I know, I wish they would get back to an actual wagon look, but given how successful they've been with their current CUV approach, I don't think it's ever going to happen. They work great though, so whatcha gonna do? I'll keep buying them until Mazda releases a 6 wagon with AWD in the US.

Wagon Stoke

Yeah your allroad has a lower cost of ownership than my used escape I bought with 50k on the clock for 10 grand

Just oil tires and brakes after 80k in more miles

Second I have to back out a 100 feet to do a three point turn to get out

No low clearance vehicle works. The hardest part of my commute is my driveway or when I have to go over Appalachian gap

Oh and yeah a Ford Escape is so manly / lol - fucking buffoon

Yeah your allroad has a lower cost of ownership than my used escape I bought with 50k on the clock for 10 grand

Just oil tires and breaks after 80k in more miles

Second I have to back out a 100 feet to do a three point turn to get out

No low clearance vehicle works. The hardest part of my commute is my driveway or when I have to go over Appalachian gap

Sounds like you need to spend a couple hours with a shovel, a rake, and a load of aggregate. Fuck the snow, having to back out of 100ft of driveway just reeks lazy.
    focus.

Wagon Stoke

I need more than a load of aggregate - we did that ten years ago with blue stone and a pipe and some tiling

Wagon Stoke

Also, didn’t know we were comparing cost of ownership. And I’m not sure why we would. My Camry that I bought for $7k with 60k on the clock went for another 180k, only tires, brakes, and front strut assemblies. All had for significantly less than an escape. Better mileage to boot.

I sold it for $3k, and I still see it driving around.

Fucking circles around your escape, but who gives a shit?
    Last edited by Mustonen; 04-19-2019 at 01:06 PM.
    focus.

Isn’t there a more worldly definition of wagon that pretty much includes all SUVs?

Earlier this year I had my first experience with cvt ‘s 2018 subi and 2018 nissans. Driving from ~3k ft to sea level for both. I was impressed with the subi and could not stand the Nissan.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Isn’t there a more worldly definition of wagon that pretty much includes all SUVs?

Earlier this year I had my first experience with cvt ‘s 2018 subi and 2018 nissans. Driving from ~3k ft to sea level for both. I was impressed with the subi and could not stand the Nissan.
    Really? Which cars? CVT on my dad's Murano is not noticable. CVT on an Impreza I rented was terrible.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Wrong thread jongYou have a crush on Bobby. How can I know? You are on his dick in a thread he hasnt posted in in months or if ever (i didnt go back past 2019) And you are in the closet too with your alias account you created for you to flirt with your previous crush. We are concerned that your confusion is a sign that you are struggling with your sexuality. We are here for you.
    You don't need do be concerned.(thanks though (?))

I find that silver spoon Bobby Tittybag slightly funny and very sensitive. He tried to start a beauty contest on teh tgrz and he brags about the real estate he inherited from his dad. I get a kick out of it. Lighten up Francis (also, are you gay or something? You seem absorbed by that).

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Also, didn’t know we were comparing cost of ownership. And I’m not sure why we would. My Camry that I bought for $7k with 60k on the clock went for another 180k, only tires, brakes, and front strut assemblies. All had for significantly less than an escape. Better mileage to boot.

I sold it for $3k, and I still see it driving around.

Fucking circles around your escape, but who gives a shit?
    Look I drive a lot in the snow and want a cheap awd. My drive way is a disaster and I am 6’6” and 260 pounds

Too funny - car equals point a to point b as cheap as possible and practical in snow country

Wagon Stoke

Look I drive a lot in the snow and want a cheap awd. My drive way is a disaster and I am 6’6” and 260 pounds

Too funny - car equals point a to point b as cheap as possible and practical in snow country

I drive in the snow too. Lots. I don’t have anything against your escape.

Predictably, the car thread is a discussion about cars as more than just an economical conveyance from point a to point b.

Why the fuck are you here?
    focus.

I actually like wagons but I don’t get how people can get by with a low ground clearance car in snow country

It’s just not worth the extra work for me. I’ll clear my driveway when I want - not because I have to leave

Wagon Stoke

Your car has 0.8” more clearance than my allroad. I would be willing to bet sums of money I could rally it with 4 snows down any road or driveway you can take your escape.

ETA: the outback has about an inch more clearance than your escape. The V90CC has half an inch more clearance.

But you do still get relatively shitty mileage, it’s slow, and rollover risk is high. So at least you have that. Great choice, champ.
    focus.

Yes - i should hope so

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GOPR1451.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	279177
    it was this kind of winter at my house.
    The 12 miles to the ski area are really flat. Most mornings the plows are out and roads are ok by 6am. Not always though.
    The old 95 Pathfinder is good for those days but it gets about 13 mpg so it's the Wagen usually.

Like a 53 yr. old kid, I'm still looking out the window at 4 am to see how deep it is from the overnight. Sometimes I'll go snowblow the 16 inches before I roll out. Super quiet new machine - neighbors were psyched.

Driving in snow country does not require AWD/4WD but it does help some folks get outta the ditch/drift.

Here's some '09 sportwagen stoke: Gone to the crusher, that car was minty and I still prefer the MKV front end.

Name:	VW Sportwagen 1.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	279183

Name:	VW Sportwagen 3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	279184