Page 205 of 288 FirstFirst ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,125 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

With this many miles I purposefully extend my regular maintenance intervals. While it for sure was ready for an oil change the reason I took it in now is because it won’t pass smog with cel on. That’s why, with that in mind, I’m doing the other repairs and leaving some for another time. The tie rods are a known weak point on the w211 and I’ve replaced several. In fact, I drove one so far it just snapped at the joint: tow in repair. The original cv boots are weeping around the seal but not ripped (how’s that for reliability?) for these we just wait. It’s a pretty big job and at this many miles I’d rather just wait for failure.

Move the needle from speculative to anecdotal.

^^
    Yup. Big fan of Savage Geese, and I agree with him. CPO only on these latest generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    I have an XC90 and had a V60. The XC90 is in the shop right now because the right passenger door was frozen shut (water ingress freezes the lock), and the rear tailgate motors died. We got it with 80k KM on it, and it's at 120 now. Besides those two things, it's been rock solid. Warranty runs until 160k as well.

As for the V60, I had the 2018 and it was fantastic. Like, just fantastic. Comfortable, economical, looks amazing. The only downside is mine didnt come with carplay so I had to have that upgraded.

We are going to trade the XC90 in for a recharge, and I was on the list to get a V60 Recharge before Volvo decided to kill all the 2023s and make them mild hybrids. If they actually build them for '24, I'll get one.
    I’m running a CarPlay Bluetooth adapter in a B9 allroad with success. $150 fix.

Good stuff, guys. Thanks for the insights. Gotta admit, I've mostly been into low-maintenance/reliable vehicles so I'm probably a terrible candidate for a V90, but they just look so much better than the alternatives.

The design is on point.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Mind sharing the make/model? I'd love to see if I could do something to get CarPlay in my B8.5 allroad.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Interesting that you needed that. I wonder if CarPlay was only included on certain trims? My B9 has CarPlay integrated into the infotainment system

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Good stuff, guys. Thanks for the insights. Gotta admit, I've mostly been into low-maintenance/reliable vehicles so I'm probably a terrible candidate for a V90, but they just look so much better than the alternatives.
    Are they Toyota low-maintenance? Absolutely not, BUT they're at least great by Euro standards (an admittedly low bar). Main things to me are the fantastic winter manners, incredible fit/finish, pleasing Scandinavian aesthetics, and overall build quality compared to the competition. Go test drive a slightly used V90 CC then for apples to apples price-wise, go look at a new Subaru Outback. Report back your thoughts. They really are a spoiler. You typically have to spend a LOT more money to get something comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    When I was born my Mom made my Dad trade in his 914 for a Pontiac Safari wagon. It took him over a decade to forgive me.
    This
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MB190sl.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	445687

For this

Name:	69_Ford_CountrySquire.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	445688

I was never forgiven

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Are they Toyota low-maintenance? Absolutely not, BUT they're at least great by Euro standards (an admittedly low bar). Main things to me are the fantastic winter manners, incredible fit/finish, pleasing Scandinavian aesthetics, and overall build quality compared to the competition. Go test drive a slightly used V90 CC then for apples to apples price-wise, go look at a new Subaru Outback. Report back your thoughts. They really are a spoiler. You typically have to spend a LOT more money to get something comparable.
    volvos don't rust compared to many other vehicle makers - here in the peoples republic of vermont it matters

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    This

For this

I was never forgiven
    Ufda, I should say not.

This

For this

I was never forgiven
    Hell, I don’t forgive you for that

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Haha I def don't need to do that - after a couple Subaru experiences I'd never do one again purely because their seats suck so bad.

I have been a Volvo wagon guy forever and really wanted to buy a V90cc but the prices went full retard in 2021. That and the 4 banger scared me off, but everytime I see one I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I have been a Volvo wagon guy forever and really wanted to buy a V90cc but the prices went full retard in 2021. That and the 4 banger scared me off, but everytime I see one I want it.
    For used ones yes, but MSRP new isn't wildly off the mark. The sticker on my own (loaded) '08 XC70 was something like $56K I believe. Of course back in the good old days that meant I was able to purchase mine only a few years old at less than half that. Think I paid like 23 or 24K. Still, new ones haven't gone up THAT much, especially considering inflation. It's the used market that blows balls.

I hear ya on the 2.0L super-turbo-hybrid and am similarly spooked, but I'll definitely try one out with a good warranty and dump it before that clock runs out.

Volvo's about to start rolling out some pretty compelling EVs as they phase out ICEs. Expect used prices to start falling. ...I hope.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Been running an older xc70 - have to say it’s far surpassed my expectations- was a customer car I always maintained so it had a solid service history- at 135k just broken in. These seats are so comfy - and 5cyl turbo is always a win…
    I’m smitten.

Name:	IMG_7517.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	445825

But it's so ugly..... especially that color....lol

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Haha I def don't need to do that - after a couple Subaru experiences I'd never do one again purely because their seats suck so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    These seats are so comfy
    YUP! Volvo seats FTMFW!!! They really are about the best in the biz. Even on my compact C30. My neighbor and I were running around in it the other night and he couldn't believe that car was so refined and comfortable for a compact hatch. The XC70 is next level comfortable, though. I'm sure the new V90 seats are equally great. I REALLY want to find one with the wool seats if they're out there like on the XC90 and new EX90.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Mind sharing the make/model? I'd love to see if I could do something to get CarPlay in my B8.5 allroad.
    I’m driving a 2019 and it came with CarPlay but it requires it to be wired. I think 2020 they went to Bluetooth CarPlay, but I’m not sure.

The unit I’m using is by Pairr www.getpairr.com

You plug it into the usb under the armrest that goes into the Audi MMI, then when you get in the car it automatically populates. I like it because short trips it goes right back into Spotify and hands free calls and texts rather than connecting the Bluetooth on the phone as a device or hard wiring for CarPlay. I can throw my phone on the quick charger pad and be on my way.

There are other similar “dongle” devices but the Pairr is the only one I have experience using.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    But it's so ugly..... especially that color....lol
    That’s the prettiest $500 car I ever saw!

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Move the needle from speculative to anecdotal.

I’m gonna drop a little bullshit on this guy before the full jerkoff session gets too overwhelming.
    The guy basically uses aesthetics, speculation, and anemic denial as his main draw for getting the XC90.
    First, he leans small SUV over Toyota minivan because “That’s where all the R&D is”? That’s a gigantic leap into justifying your “need” for a luxury vehicle.
    Second, he goes Volvo over the Audi because despite liking everything about the Audi more than the Volvo, he just doesn’t feel good in it? Now I know he never wanted any car other than the Volvo.
    Third, he absolutely must have an R-Design because of a laundry list of style elements that have absolutely nothing to do with performance or longevity? He loves painted plastic? And the German style “understated” leather? WTF!?!?
    Last, his justification the CPO is just at odds with the whole premise. $10k for something that’s gotten him $3-4k worth of repairs? I might have fallen for that if my own CPO hadn’t left me with zero assistance when I needed a new catalytic converter. My XC60 Check Engine light has been on for 80k miles now, and the dealership told me to eat a dick when I asked if it was covered. Look it up boys. Catalytic converter is a wear item. Just like warped rotors. Neither are covered. What I did learn is that if you don’t go to the dealership and let them rape you for $450 oil changes you may just void that warranty anyway. And if you don’t pay $4k to replace the CC even though it’s probably just an O2 sensor, they sure as fuck won’t cover anything that blows up down the road. Because you were irresponsible!
    I’m over it. Unless your dealer is sucking you off, the CPO is a bad investment.
    If you justify getting a Volvo because they’re reliable, but then you insist on an inflated million mile warranty to insure the reliability, it doesn’t feel too reliable.
    If I get another Volvo it’ll be because nobody else makes a small SUV that’s this fucking fast that I can afford. I’ll admit it though, and not hide behind the masturbation session.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

My XC70 was pretty flawless. Only things I ever did were oil and tires. Only gripe from a driving standpoint was that the soft suspension, slow to downshift transmission, and a little turbo lag added up to nothing-then-kick-you-in-the-ass acceleration if you didn't already have the revs up.

As mentioned, the seats and general comfort was fantastic. Lots of room for gear/dogs, and the big square back door meant it could carry stuff that the Subaru couldn't.

My XC70 was pretty flawless. Only things I ever did were oil and tires. Only gripe from a driving standpoint was that the soft suspension, slow to downshift transmission, and a little turbo lag added up to nothing-then-kick-you-in-the-ass acceleration if you didn't already have the revs up.

As mentioned, the seats and general comfort was fantastic. Lots of room for gear/dogs, and the big square back door meant it could carry stuff that the Subaru couldn't.

I echo all of Ted’s sentiments. Mine was a 13 XC70 T6 and man that thing hauled ass when you stomped on it.

Total Highway Star (as was its name) and champ in the snow.

Immensely bigger inside than the V90 replacement.

Light, pleasant and airy is how it was usually described by passengers in its ample light sand colored leather seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That’s the prettiest $500 car I ever saw!
    $500?! Even better! That price makes it the best color of all. I think when that car was new, that faded plastic cladding was more of a navy blue and actually looked pretty good with the silver. I wonder if it can be at least partially restored with some sort of treatment.