Page 113 of 290 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm about stock though and don't want to deal with all the weirdnesses that will come out of trying that swap. I don't think that engine ever came in an avant with a stick in the US.
    Definitely not, hence the guy's project. You can get them pretty much everywhere else in the world, though.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You can get them pretty much everywhere else in the world, though.
    Need you really remind me?

Want to lose your nut? Try walking around downtown St. Moritz sometime. The Euros know what a cool sled is.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The Euros buy RS6 avants instead of Raptor trucks. Still the same douchebags lol

So this guy bought a used A4 Avant s-line which is the same body as the S4 Avant. And he transplanted everything from a 6-speed S4 into it. Motor, wiring, interior, everything. And he ended up with essentially a factory 6-speed S4 avant. It's pretty nice.

Tons of pics on the process here: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...d-Thread/page3

Tons and tons of work. Here's just the main part of the wiring:

Wow that’s amazing
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah towards the end of the thread he talks about having a little trouble programming in the lift gate functions since the donor car obviously didn't have a lift gate and audi used that port for something else on the sedans. I have a feeling he'll figure it out though.

Yeah towards the end of the thread he talks about having a little trouble programming in the lift gate functions since the donor car obviously didn't have a lift gate and audi used that port for something else on the sedans. I have a feeling he'll figure it out though.
    Don't forget the rear wiper blade programming.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Any Jetta sportswagon owners on here? In the market for a car. Something fun to drive, decent gas mileage, reliable and probably a wagon or a hatch back. I don't really want to spend more than 15k. I'm all over the place with what I am looking at. Checked out a couple STIs, almost bought a B8 S4 MT that was heavily tuned (stupid fast) but had also been kind of beat on. considering GTIs as well.

Yesterday I kind of went down the internet rabbit hole of JSWs. Obviously these won't ever be all that fast but it sounds like a stage 2 tune and some suspension work and it could be pretty fun around town, reliable and almost 50 mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Any Jetta sportswagon owners on here? In the market for a car. Something fun to drive, decent gas mileage, reliable and probably a wagon or a hatch back. I don't really want to spend more than 15k. I'm all over the place with what I am looking at. Checked out a couple STIs, almost bought a B8 S4 MT that was heavily tuned (stupid fast) but had also been kind of beat on. considering GTIs as well.

Yesterday I kind of went down the internet rabbit hole of JSWs. Obviously these won't ever be all that fast but it sounds like a stage 2 tune and some suspension work and it could be pretty fun around town, reliable and almost 50 mpg.
    im not looking to tune one, but I have been heavily in the market for a Jetta SW... i dig wagons and the fuel econ and potential longevity of a diesel appeal to me. Plus can be had in stick...3 pedals are cool

Had two tdi wagons. Won’t win any races. But fun to drive.
    More fun with a stick.
    . . .

Yeah, my searches are limited to stick only. Not sure I want anything to do with any VW or Audi DSG. Even though it sounds like they have them sorted in newer years? I have found a couple JSWs around here in manual with low miles for around or under 10k. Seems like it might tick all my boxes.

I wonder what "reasonable offer" means to this guy? Asking price seems a bit steep, IMHO.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6332775

Hard to say what it's worth but it'd be cool to go all restomod on it. That's probably sacrilege to a very small group but whatever.

Non mechanic two cents, but I would not want a diesel vw with the “re-engineered” engine to meet epa.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I wonder what "reasonable offer" means to this guy? Asking price seems a bit steep, IMHO.

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6332775
    That is unsafe at any speed
    Including zero.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Non mechanic two cents, but I would not want a diesel vw with the “re-engineered” engine to meet epa.
    Can to elaborate a little? I know you dont get the fake gas mileage but what about the rest? Does the change ruin the engine?

I am only looking at private party sales. I know VW has been doing something to these cars and then putting them back on the market at dealers but I think I will be avoiding those.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I am only looking at private party sales. I know VW has been doing something to these cars and then putting them back on the market at dealers but I think I will be avoiding those.
    I believe the CPO's are coming with huge warranties. thats what i was leaning towards.

Again non mechanic; I looked into them, then looked away. VW made physical changes to meet the epa guidelines. I believe this varied with engine year. Most involved some sort of urea injection. Engine was designed one way, then remade. How that plays with longevity is yet to be seen. Anyways just talking out my ass, but if you are looking at them, I would suggest some research.

With the non modified engines there is some risk of states not issuing you a registration down the road. Every affected vw was either bought back or the owners got money so theoretically they could be fixed. No idea if any states will clamp down, but a risk to research.

All this is from memory and not my field so anyone please correct where I am wrong.

Yes, I would either go cpo or one of the non-modified.

A fixed TDi is fine. Most changes made to the system is downstream of the exhaust. The engine tuning changed but it is a mystery what that entails.

It is still a small diesel engine at the end of the day. Reliable, efficient, and torque. Meets emissions. Not gonna be super fast.

Mine pulls like a freight train and is nearly silent. Too bad they don't sell new anymore.

With the non modified engines there is some risk of states not issuing you a registration down the road. Every affected vw was either bought back or the owners got money so theoretically they could be fixed. No idea if any states will clamp down, but a risk to research.
    Been doing a bunch of research on these cars and haven't heard of any hints of this. Seems highly unlikely any state would enforce this. They'd have to have a way to verify/test for whether a vehicle has been fixed or not. I don't see them doing this on an aging vehicle that isn't all that common and is no longer produced. And if that did happen it would probably be CA or somewhere in the Northeast, neither of which would apply to me.

Agree seems highly unlikely

TDIs: 2009-2015

2009 had a one piece exhaust. Vw chose not to fix very many at all becausse the fix involved full replacement.
    10-14' had no def requirements, the urea additive. The fix involved a software change and a few minor parts along the exhaust path.
    15' new exhaust approach with a DEF holder to be filled occasionally. Went from independent rear suspension to a beam suspension.

Very few un fixed TDIs out there now. The deal to return them was too good. Lots of Former owners bought right back into them. And the post dieselgate warranty is excellent on the 09-14's, but amazing on the 15's.
    Modding the car arguably will void these extended warranties but lots do it and some are supposed to be undetectable.
    These cars can go really fast with a solid mod approach.

CPO is good for a used one over 50k; but a lower mileage one with a good carfax, man I'd buy it at an auction without the cpo now.

I'd think the time to haggle hard on TDIs is now. Diesel being pricier, means they're even harder to sell. They are cheaper than any 15k now, for sure. I bet you could find a sweety pie for under 10k.

Also, the DSG works perfectly for me. I can shift in the pass twisties but butter smooth in automatic. I'm gonna do the 80k Trans flush in the AM, tomorrow.
    It's an easy car to work on.

Dieselgate warranty kicks in after the fix date.

Dealers can pick from a VW pool of cars. You could requet a particular one and have it refurbed a little while getting the fix. Fresh tires, brake pads and rotors are the main things to check on a fixed TDI. Sitting for potentially months can create issues.

PM me for buying info. Was recently looking at getting another.

PS - 50 mpg is not really a thing without serious mods or an older, slower TDI.
    Originally they werelike 29/40 mpg, post fix they say 27/38ish.
    At 65 mph it's the sweet spot, at 85, the mpg's fall to about 34-36 hwy for me.

Wagon Stoke

I’ve seen quite a few guys with stage 2 software claiming high 40s mpg. Maybe not 50 but damn close.

Not sure if they are stick or auto or if that makes much of a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    TDIs: 2009-2015

2009 had a one piece exhaust. Vw chose not to fix very many at all becausse the fix involved full replacement.
    10-14' had no def requirements, the urea additive. The fix involved a software change and a few minor parts along the exhaust path.
    15' new exhaust approach with a DEF holder to be filled occasionally. Went from independent rear suspension to a beam suspension.

Very few un fixed TDIs out there now. The deal to return them was too good. Lots of Former owners bought right back into them. And the post dieselgate warranty is excellent on the 09-14's, but amazing on the 15's.
    Modding the car arguably will void these extended warranties but lots do it and some are supposed to be undetectable.
    These cars can go really fast with a solid mod approach.

CPO is good for a used one over 50k; but a lower mileage one with a good carfax, man I'd buy it at an auction without the cpo now.

I'd think the time to haggle hard on TDIs is now. Diesel being pricier, means they're even harder to sell. They are cheaper than any 15k now, for sure. I bet you could find a sweety pie for under 10k.

Also, the DSG works perfectly for me. I can shift in the pass twisties but butter smooth in automatic. I'm gonna do the 80k Trans flush in the AM, tomorrow.
    It's an easy car to work on.

Dieselgate warranty kicks in after the fix date.

Dealers can pick from a VW pool of cars. You could requet a particular one and have it refurbed a little while getting the fix. Fresh tires, brake pads and rotors are the main things to check on a fixed TDI. Sitting for potentially months can create issues.

PM me for buying info. Was recently looking at getting another.

PS - 50 mpg is not really a thing without serious mods or an older, slower TDI.
    Originally they werelike 29/40 mpg, post fix they say 27/38ish.
    At 65 mph it's the sweet spot, at 85, the mpg's fall to about 34-36 hwy for me.
    Solid info and more or less settles it for me. Thanks. I won't mod and have been looking at 14s and 15s.

Are suroofs a no go here? I recall something about them clogging and flooding cars?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I'd be getting a Mk7 (2015) before I got a Mk6, all day long.

I bought a new base (sunroofs are available issue ) TDI after the they were able to sell them following dieselgate. Got 5k off and a warranty on lots of shit that goes to 11 years/262k km. The Mk7s have the best warranty.

70k km on mine. No issues, DEF is a non factor and it drives great.