Page 51 of 290 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Matrix/vibe

Seems like you just got the R. Time flies I guess. What’s driving the urge to change? Just need more cargo space?

I suggest the GTC4Lusso. A bit pricey but I know a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Seems like you just got the R. Time flies I guess. What’s driving the urge to change? Just need more cargo space?

I actually have a FF. Better buy. Same car.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Can only imagine what one would cost with a 6 speed if such a thing existed... Regardless, I could never enjoy owning a car like that. I'd never get the maintenance/depreciation out of my mind long enough to just have fun. But I did consider it... Currently shopping around to sink 400-500k into another house - why not a ferrari, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

I actually love the R. It's an awesome car. Put a tune on it, a boost controller, and got the obd2 programmer. Upped the haldex traction and the xds+ settings. It's a sick little car and perfect for my needs. Obviously I need to sell it! WTF?

I did test drive a low mileage '03 RS6 with a tune and some go-fast bits that was making ~625hp at the wheels. Hate the auto. Apparently there's a guy in CO Springs that will do a 6 speed conversion for $12k. Any of you know anything about that?

The RS4 just dawned on me as an option...

nm.... Found it!

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-porsche-rsr/

Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 03-20-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Yep, the FF definitely benefits from the fugly discount. But I wouldn’t throw it out of bed :grin:

I like em. Good rig for the wife.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Yep, the FF definitely benefits from the fugly discount. But I wouldn’t throw it out of bed :grin:
    I basically like the way the FF looks. Maybe not from every angle, but I've seen a gunmetal FF up at a-basin a few times and it's an awesome looking car. With a gated 6-spd, it'd be hard to ignore. I'm sure I'd hate owning one, but not sure I wouldn't anyway.

Edit: always nice to see one in its natural habitat:

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  103.6 KB
    Hugh Conway sucks

Yeah I also think the FF looks fine from most angles. I was referring to the conventional wisdom that the FF was like first Panamera....which was also tweaked, eventually, to address the ‘fugly’ snickers.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    I did test drive a low mileage '03 RS6 with a tune and some go-fast bits that was making ~625hp at the wheels. Hate the auto. Apparently there's a guy in CO Springs that will do a 6 speed conversion for $12k. Any of you know anything about that?
    $12k's way high. You can probably get an 01e 6mt swapped in for ~$5k (including labor), including a new clutch, etc. If I were you, I would have a transporter bring it to AZ for the swap. Call Scotty @ Advanced Automotion and he'll take care of you. He's also one of the few people who will be able to properly wire and code everything so the swap is seamless and doesn't throw codes, etc.

http://advancedautomotion.com/

There are slightly cheaper parts available, but I highly recommend the TDI swap as the gearing is much better for highway speeds (unless you want to be on boost when cruising along the highway @ 85mph)

http://advancedautomotion.com/shop/p...roducts_id/315

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    My w211 is at 160k. It still gets compliments on ride quality with the Airmatic. The rear bags leak but they pump up with no error messages. Also has original (16) spark plugs. Never changed.
    You can get new bags from arnott (with a lifetime warranty) for a fraction of the OE part cost:

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...5-e63-amg/2005

Name:  IMG_0731.JPG
Views: 329
Size:  116.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    So, I'm thinking I want to ditch the Golf R in favor of something else... But the catch is that "something else" still needs to seat four people (for real), a reasonable amount of stuff, have awd and a manual trans, and not be a WRX or a Focus RS. Does such a thing exist? The last time I asked, you guys came through with the VW suggestion, which has been great. So, round two? Figuring this is probably a wagon of some sort, so have at it.

Whatcha got?
    This is the droid you're looking for: https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-pe...now-1801087310

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    You can get new bags from arnott (with a lifetime warranty) for a fraction of the OE part cost:

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...5-e63-amg/2005
    I have one Arnott on the front. The front is an easy repair for a good mechanic; like an hour labor. The rear has leaked since I bought the car in 2009. I have replaced the air pump ($200 incl labor) once only because it was so loud and and it wasn't holding pressure and generating an error message in cold temp. Since I replaced it the rear pumps up and no further error messages. It's a much bigger job to replace the rear airbags. Probably close to 5-6 hours labor. Maybe more.

Note on Arnott: The fronts are all rebuilt. You could be getting a shock with 150k miles already on it. No complaints but I've heard there is risk of failure with the Arnott.

Finally, the adjustable airmatic suspension is 100% worth the risk and trouble. The ride is supple and sublime. I get comments all the time on what a nice ride the car has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPOfjRoO6K0
    Last edited by 4matic; 03-21-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    This is the droid you're looking for: https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-a-pe...now-1801087310
    As much of a sweet and increasingly hard to find ride as that is, I believe it was available as RWD only.

Shit, missed the AWD requirement.

Sadly, the only AWD wagon on the market is the Golf Sportwagon/Alltrack. Which are too close to your R. And not nearly as awesome.

Panamera with the PDK would be decent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    As much of a sweet and increasingly hard to find ride as that is, I believe it was available as RWD only.
    There's one on BaT... would be so sick. But yeah, RWD.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    $12k's way high. You can probably get an 01e 6mt swapped in for ~$5k (including labor), including a new clutch, etc. If I were you, I would have a transporter bring it to AZ for the swap. Call Scotty @ Advanced Automotion and he'll take care of you. He's also one of the few people who will be able to properly wire and code everything so the swap is seamless and doesn't throw codes, etc.

http://advancedautomotion.com/

There are slightly cheaper parts available, but I highly recommend the TDI swap as the gearing is much better for highway speeds (unless you want to be on boost when cruising along the highway @ 85mph)

http://advancedautomotion.com/shop/p...roducts_id/315
    Reading up now - thanks so much!

Edit: I sent them an email.. Looks like after all the extra parts are added, it's about edit: $4200 in hardware... The page says they're waiting on transmission delivery. I'll let you know what I find out. Really appreciate the info!

Found a different package for the RS6 MT upgrade - haven't heard back from the guys yet.
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 03-21-2018 at 03:07 PM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Shit, missed the AWD requirement.

Sadly, the only AWD wagon on the market is the Golf Sportwagon/Alltrack. Which are too close to your R. And not nearly as awesome.

Panamera with the PDK would be decent though.
    That isn't true. There are other new AWD manual wagons out there. They are just base model boring.

I'm selling my manual turbo Subaru Outback XT if anyone is interested. White and Stage 2. 140k miles and zero issues. I'm getting an Audi TDI

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'm selling my manual turbo Subaru Outback XT if anyone is interested. White and Stage 2. 140k miles and zero issues. I'm getting an Audi TDI
    I'll bid $1, Bob.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That isn't true. There are other new AWD manual wagons out there. They are just base model boring.
    Like what? I am seriously drawing a blank. And I don't consider hatchbacks to be wagons.

340 xdrive w/ MT
    That’s what I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Like what? I am seriously drawing a blank. And I don't consider hatchbacks to be wagons.
    So it has to be called a Wagon or Avant? Sorry dude but not all manufactures use that term. Shooting brake? Lift back? Sport back?

Semantics of marketing.

No, no. I just don't count the Impreza as being a wagon. That sort of thing.

But yeah, what other manual wagons are out there?