Page 171 of 288 FirstFirst ... 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

300hp is the perfect amount.

Just sayin.

Also, if you want that Golf R Wagon, get the allroad and get this for your gains: https://www.goapr.com/products/softw...-20T-EA888-2-L
    I still call it The Jake.

It ain’t how fast, it’s how long it takes to get there. Hell, I have a little hybrid commuter to offset the 8mpg I get in my wagon and it’s basically a Prius with 1k pounds of luxury around it, so slower than a narcoleptic sloth, but I’ve been in the triple digits with it. It took me 5 minutes to get there going downhill though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1625773200.278959.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	378991

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    And its got drift mode.

Something I never knew I needed in a wagon, but now I'm kinda pissed I don't have it.

In all actuality though, doesn't the allroad pretty much have the same engine as the Golf R with a better awd/drivetrain (full-time 60/40 rear bias in my case)?

Just a slightly squishier drive but pretty much the same thing?
    In response to your full time 60/40 comment - I was under the impression that all b9 audis equipped with Quattro ultra decoupled the rear diff so that they’re essentially fwd until the car senses or anticipates loss of traction?? I can’t say I’ve ever noticed it, my allroad has been pretty unflappable in winter driving
    Last edited by bourbonisgood; 07-08-2021 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    It ain’t how fast, it’s how long it takes to get there. Hell, I have a little hybrid commuter to offset the 8mpg I get in my wagon and it’s basically a Prius with 1k pounds of luxury around it, so slower than a narcoleptic sloth, but I’ve been in the triple digits with it. It took me 5 minutes to get there going downhill though.

Name:	Image1625773200.278959.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	378991

With a stiff tailwind Art?

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    In response to your full time 60/40 comment - I was under the impression that all b9 audis equipped with Quattro ultra decoupled the rear diff so that they’re essentially fwd until the car senses or anticipates loss of traction?? I can t say I’ve ever noticed it, my allroad has been unflappable in winter driving
    Mine is a B8.5, last of the full-time 60/40 split.

I’ve had the B9 as a loaner plenty and honestly I couldn’t even tell when it was engaged/disengaged, unlike my old Volvo XC70T6 that you could feel the rears kick in under hard acceleration or slippery terrain.

The Quattro Ultra really is quite impressive vs the reaction-based and systems out there.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a1...nt-awd-system/

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    120k miles. I need to ask for service records.
    Any good subie shops in seattle? I have been in German cars for a long time.
    Check NASIOC for local recommended indie shops. Changing head gaskets may amount to the same dollars as swapping in a JDM EJ205 or 207, and being on the west coast, JDM importers shouldn’t be that hard to find. You may have some options.

What are you comfortable with though?

I don’t know WA laws for emissions or swaps though.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Mine is a B8.5, last of the full-time 60/40 split.
    Gotcha. That makes sense

300hp is the perfect amount.

Just sayin.

Also, if you want that Golf R Wagon, get the allroad and get this for your gains: https://www.goapr.com/products/softw...-20T-EA888-2-L
    I agree. Because my e500 is 302 hp from a naturally aspirated V8. Beautifully smooth power and that awesome v8 sound.

Any good subie shops in seattle?
    Smart Service. Two locations: Mukilteo and Shoreline

Any good subie shops in seattle?
    Rosie’s Auto Body and Lestoration on Beacon Hill

Name:	IMG_7288.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	379020

I’ve missed this CL. ❤️

Dusted off an old chestnut for sure. It’s been awhile. Looks like photobucket really took some liberties.

Right? They don’t own Rosie or her ride!

Get a free flannel shirt with a tune up?

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    So 150-200hp is not enough to merge into traffic? how do the French or Italians do it?
    As I've said: I'd like my Passat to have a few more horses than 120(and 4wd...), but I've never actually needed them.

Edit: hah. Ugly money gave me an explanation. If I merge I go to 80 or90 (60miles?) In 3rd gear. I mean what else do I have the red line for?
    Edit2:And to go directly to the left lane I'd probably need a supercar anyway because the average speed there is 160 to 180per hour....(100-120 miles?)
    Plague, there's also another nuance to this that's related to American driving... We treat any prospective merging driver as an interloper into our own private space. We will speed up as necessary to prevent him from merging in front of us, forcing him to play the same game with the sucker behind us.

So, in order to merge easily, one must have the most powerful car, and in order to cut off mergers, one must have a still more-powerful one. It's an arms race of sorts. 150hp, well you might as well stick to side streets like some sort of loser.

Getting on the University or Piikoi on ramps in Honolulu requires a rocket ship.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post
    Plague, there's also another nuance to this that's related to American driving... We treat any prospective merging driver as an interloper into our own private space. We will speed up as necessary to prevent him from merging in front of us, forcing him to play the same game with the sucker behind us.

So, in order to merge easily, one must have the most powerful car, and in order to cut off mergers, one must have a still more-powerful one. It's an arms race of sorts. 150hp, well you might as well stick to side streets like some sort of loser.
    In a weird anthropologist kind of way that makes total sense
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by dannynoonan View Post

Just went from 240hp down to 185 hp. Seems fine, but then again - I’m driving a 20 year old car and merge like IDGAF.

Catching up on the thread. Sad to read the death of Buster's S4.

We recently bought a 2001 VW Eurovan pop-top so now I need to decide what to do with our semi-wagon. 2004 X3 with the rare 6spd manual. We won't really use it much and I paid peanuts for it, but I sure will miss that buttery smooth 6spd ZF box and inline 6. If I am keeping an "old" car we barely use I'd rather it be a E46 325Xi Touring 6spd. That's a car I'd keep the next 30 years as my "vintage" ride. In the end we bike commute more than anything else now and the van is now the family adventure mobile that's going to need constant care and feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    and the van is now the family adventure mobile that's going to need constant care and feeding.
    You betcha. My friend has paid as much to fix the van as they paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You betcha. My friend has paid as much to fix the van as they paid for it.
    The big ticket items have been done (timing belts and transmission) as long as those continue to hold out I am not too worried. But no they are not cheap. Considering there are no alternatives in the same size/function category you gotta pay to play.

Not a surprise given sales numbers I guess but disappointing nonetheless

https://www.motortrend.com/news/volv...ontinued-2021/

I guess I’m part of the problem - always thought this was a great looking wagon and considered buying one many times but never did

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    Catching up on the thread. Sad to read the death of Buster's S4.

We recently bought a 2001 VW Eurovan pop-top so now I need to decide what to do with our semi-wagon. 2004 X3 with the rare 6spd manual. We won't really use it much and I paid peanuts for it, but I sure will miss that buttery smooth 6spd ZF box and inline 6. If I am keeping an "old" car we barely use I'd rather it be a E46 325Xi Touring 6spd. That's a car I'd keep the next 30 years as my "vintage" ride. In the end we bike commute more than anything else now and the van is now the family adventure mobile that's going to need constant care and feeding.
    X3 3.0 with the manual should sell well anywhere. Very coveted!

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    X3 3.0 with the manual should sell well anywhere. Very coveted!
    I just overpaid for an old VW so hopeful I can get someone to do the same on an old BMW. hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Not a surprise given sales numbers I guess but disappointing nonetheless

https://www.motortrend.com/news/volv...ontinued-2021/

I guess I’m part of the problem - always thought this was a great looking wagon and considered buying one many times but never did
    Well that fucking sucks.

Guy in my neighborhood has the V90R in that great blue with dumbo mirrors. I always admire it when he rolls past the house.