Page 82 of 290 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    I think my Volvo's got a bad cat too. Pretty ridiculous to have to waste that kind of money on an old car that has an engine that's running like a champ. I refuse. Thankfully I don't have to deal with smog check, but could you just use an OBDII scanner to clear the CEL right before getting your inspection done?
    That’s pretty much why we’re all fucked, right there, especially if we rely on individuals and companies and governments to just “do the right thing”. Not that you, yourself, can stop global warming and air pollution, but that long range pollution concerns don’t outweigh your short term problem of a few hundred bucks, even though the implications are far, far greater than that few hundred bucks.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 04-27-2019 at 02:57 PM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Sure, if you want to have the check engine light come back on 8 miles down the road. I think it's a PITA swap on my car too either way. Probably looking at about 2 grand if I go the OEM route. Car's barely worth more than that. I dunno how much I trust the scanner, though. Could just be a bad sensor. Will try swapping those first and see what happens before sinking a ton of money into the old beast.

Wagon Stoke

I’ve used after market cat on Porsche. No CEL.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think my Volvo's got a bad cat too. Pretty ridiculous to have to waste that kind of money on an old car that has an engine that's running like a champ. I refuse. Thankfully I don't have to deal with smog check, but could you just use an OBDII scanner to clear the CEL right before getting your inspection done?
    You should look on craigslist for a private party parting one out and buy the whole exhaust for cheap and swap it out. You can't buy them from wrecking yards since reselling a used catalytic converter is illegal for junkyards.

If you want to consider my 'sportback' or 'hatchback' a 'wagon'... then I'll play.

My 2007 A3 3.2 Quattro. It checked off all the boxes for me, minus having 3 pedals (which Audi never brought to the states). These 3.2 Quattro's are quite hard to find these days, but if you come across one with good maintenance history they are worth a look. Quite the sleeper.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9935.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	280347

This photo reminds me...I ought to do something about those glaring orange side markers on the front bumper...

The wagon is back to summer mode, roof box is off and summers are on.

Love this car.

4matic, Austin is correct, per the Swedespeed forums, if you buy non OEM, you will always be throwing a CEL. Reading over there yesterday, I saw that Monroe who makes the OEM electronic shocks for the car has discontinued making them, so it is getting impossible to find them. I found 2 that I better order for $600.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Liv2, what’s the exact application?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    The wagon is back to summer mode, roof box is off and summers are on.

Love this car.
    Do you have a stick, or the DSG? I have a Golf TDI and I hate the transmission in it. The throttle lag is awful, and the shifting feels clunky and unpredictable. I'm told getting it tuned makes a world of difference but was afraid of investing money toward voiding the warranty... love the car otherwise.

Name:	g4jwe9gpj4y01.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	280372
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    I ought to do something about those glaring orange side markers on the front bumper...
    Easy fix.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Do you have a stick, or the DSG? I have a Golf TDI and I hate the transmission in it. The throttle lag is awful, and the shifting feels clunky and unpredictable. I'm told getting it tuned makes a world of difference but was afraid of investing money toward voiding the warranty... love the car otherwise.

Name:	g4jwe9gpj4y01.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	280372
    If you want to improve the throttle response without getting too involved, check out Carista. $20 gets you their OBD2 adapter and a month of their app's premium customization features. You can adjust the throttle response, change the steering weight, allow putting windows up/down via the remote, plus some other stuff. A month is plenty of time to fiddle with things and figure out if you like the changes. I did the above plus a few other tweaks on my tsi Sportwagen and have been happy.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Liv2, what’s the exact application?

I am assuming you are referring to my post on the struts. I ordered two Monroe C1501 struts for the rear of my car from the UK (best price I could find) for $533 USD shipped to me.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Was wondering for the cat issue, this is on the 06 v70r?

Was wondering for the cat issue, this is on the 06 v70r?

Yup. Mechanic showed me there are broken pieces of clay looking tile / stone coming out of it. He said it will be toast soon.

Magnaflow has been making some pretty good replacement cats lately. They have a California legal part number for your car. Requires some welding but there are options out there.

Magnaflow has been making some pretty good replacement cats lately. They have a California legal part number for your car. Requires some welding but there are options out there.

From reading the swedespeed board, it sounds like the aftermarket ones are prone to throw a CEL. I would try it if I was guaranteed no CELs or your money back. Not sure I can get that from anyone installing it. Guess I will have to look around.

Obviously an oem cat is best choice and there are plenty of shitty aftermarket cats out there, hence the forum chatter.. you get what you pay for no question. Just sayin, I do this for a living and always give the customer a choice, also will always warranty a part that prematurely fails. They make decent stuff. Find a shop that’ll do the same out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    It's a '15 with the DSG. When they were released for sale I looked all over for a manual, couldn't find one. Sometimes I wish I'd looked a little harder but my wife is the primary driver of it and she didn't give a shit. And I mostly drive it on highway trips so it's kinda moot. That said, I really like the DSG. They did some programming tweaks for the 2nd emissions recall and it drives great. I think most people who gripe about the slow speed performance are used to conventional autos. I find it feels like the computer driven manual that it is, so the clutch engagement doesn't bother me.

f you want to improve the throttle response without getting too involved, check out Carista. $20 gets you their OBD2 adapter and a month of their app's premium customization features. You can adjust the throttle response, change the steering weight, allow putting windows up/down via the remote, plus some other stuff. A month is plenty of time to fiddle with things and figure out if you like the changes. I did the above plus a few other tweaks on my tsi Sportwagen and have been happy.
    I used an OBDEleven dongle that a friend had, but it's the same thing. I changed all of those (plus other stuff) and it made a noticeable difference. The steering is firmer and the pedal is way more responsive. Still though, I do find you need to lean into the pedal more than most cars. And there's the odd occasion where you can feel the computer is really pulling the power to keep the emissions down. It would be a beast with a tune but one of the reasons I bought it was the 11yr warranty.

I know the Mk7 Golfs drive more or less the same as before, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mk6 took a bigger hit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    It's a '15 with the DSG. When they were released for sale I looked all over for a manual, couldn't find one. Sometimes I wish I'd looked a little harder but my wife is the primary driver of it and she didn't give a shit. And I mostly drive it on highway trips so it's kinda moot. That said, I really like the DSG. They did some programming tweaks for the 2nd emissions recall and it drives great. I think most people who gripe about the slow speed performance are used to conventional autos. I find it feels like the computer driven manual that it is, so the clutch engagement doesn't bother me.
    Gotcha- this is the first auto I've ever owned, and the first DSG I've experienced. Also wanted a stick like you, but wife has no interest in learning to drive a stick and she has to be able to drive this one too. The DSG seems to be a love/hate thing for sure, I'm getting used to it. Fantastic car otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

I gotta get my vcds out and dial in my MK6. Christ, I got no power concerns, as it doesn't take much for me to spin em. Need to tighten up the power to traction ratio. Whatever that means...

I dig the DSG and when I had to drive home/3hrs. from big sky with a blown acl a few weeks ago, that automatic was worth it's weight in gold.

So you say this is your very first car? Dang. Cooler than my first car, the Chevy Chevette.

WTF!?
    -people buying "automatics" because their wife can't drive stick...
    -not doing performance mods because it voids the warranty
    -worrying about CEL's

I'm severely disappointed in TGR right now

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I gotta get my vcds out and dial in my MK6. Christ, I got no power concerns, as it doesn't take much for me to spin em. Need to tighten up the power to traction ratio. Whatever that means...

I dig the DSG and when I had to drive home/3hrs. from big sky with a blown acl a few weeks ago, that automatic was worth it's weight in gold.

So you say this is your very first car? Dang. Cooler than my first car, the Chevy Chevette.
    Same here. I had a 76' Chevette Woody I deep blue and the rally package. 4 speed manual with a 4:11 rear end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

After you clear the codes the car has to go through a number of drive cycles before it will be “ready for inspection”. In MA for my cars it is 2 drive cycles which include start ups and stops, low and higher speed driving for a number of miles. Overall around 100 miles. One minor emissions fault is acceptable (like a vacuum leak). CEL or other engine light according to the rules will get you a nice big “R” for your windshield.

On one high mileage BMW e36 318 I had many years ago I decided that I wasn’t going to replace the cat after it failed because it was way too much beaucoup. I finagle my way past the inspection with it for about 18 months until the innards of the cat broke down so badly that the exhaust flow got blocked up which would make the car stall. For a while I could kick the shit out of the tailpipe until the blockage cleared. Finally one day it stalled on I-95 in traffic and I had to pull of my pants and pull out my wallet and fix the fucking thing.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    After you clear the codes the car has to go through a number of drive cycles before it will be “ready for inspection”. In MA for my cars it is 2 drive cycles which include start ups and stops, low and higher speed driving for a number of miles. Overall around 100 miles. One minor emissions fault is acceptable (like a vacuum leak). CEL or other engine light according to the rules will get you a nice big “R” for your windshield.

On one high mileage BMW e36 318 I had many years ago I decided that I wasn’t going to replace the cat after it failed because it was way too much beaucoup. I finagle my way past the inspection with it for about 18 months until the innards of the cat broke down so badly that the exhaust flow got blocked up which would make the car stall. For a while I could kick the shit out of the tailpipe until the blockage cleared. Finally one day it stalled on I-95 in traffic and I had to pull of my pants and pull out my wallet and fix the fucking thing.
    What did your pants have to do with fixing it? It SOUNDS like this was just a convenient excuse to take your pants off in traffic.

I’m not judging.
    focus.