Page 108 of 112 FirstFirst ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 LastLast
Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2794

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this has been a big criteria in my latest vehicle search as well.
    I have a roof box but it's a PITA to open so I frequently toss a pair into the back if I'm skiing on something different than usual that day*

I think the volvo V60 is not really long enough. The V90's are, but being newer there aren't as many used/ in my range. (altho one post over in MNIAW's wagon thread referenced them being lower than what I'm seeing out there -$43-$60k for ~20-30k mileage) Plus I'm not as excited about all the nanny features on it...
    I know mofro recently got the V60 so holler back how you like it now that you've owned it for a bit, if you get a free sec

thinking going fully tgr style with an allroad. they seem nice and when I saw the prices I was pleasantly surprised ~ $25k for a nice/3 yo model with 20-30k miles on it
    Another important criteria is- Can I get the seat far enough back to put my ski boots on, while in the driver seat... (5'7" and Full Tilt 1st chairs- so a bit easier to do than a 4 buckle boot) any of you allroad owners have any input here? I have to drive to SLC to try one out

*although I suppose I could get a new roofbox and/or go with ski racks
    6mos now with the V60cc. I can fit 190cm skis in the 20' V60 behind the front seats, but the 2020 V60 is 188" vs. the older style 2018's and older at 181". Think the V90 comes in at 192-3". The V60 trunk opening seems small, but the second row of seats have a ton of room, damn near as much as the front seats. I looked hard at the V90 6mos ago before splurging on the V60, but they were all 40K+ used for 2017's and down in Tx and Fl. There were a ton of older style 2018 V60's in the low-mid twenties at the time, but that version didn't appeal to me.

I kept my V70XC for 15 yrs, I think car tech is moving to quickly in the next 10 to keep the V60 for the long haul. I'm used to the touch screen tech and have the nanny functions minimized. Small beef about no storage pockets on the front of the seats like in the last 3 volvos we've had, I used to always keep a wine/beer opener in there, throw the wallet and phone in it, and less cup holders means I am less likely to crack one open while driving. Not surprisingly, driving the V60cc makes our XC90R feel like a tank.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I ride by this fantastic car on my way to work and thought you guys might enjoy it. Sorry for the image quality, I didn't want to be the stalker up on their lawn with my phone.

Attachment 314085
    Holden?

Ford Falcon Sedan Delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Holden?
    I really don't know, but that would surprise me - it would be a long trip to get a Holden here. I'll take a look for badges/logos next time I go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    I just Googled for images, and I think you're right - good eye! They obviously added a reasonable amount of lift; I wonder if the rest of the mechanicals are stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Nope you have to now. Otherwise someone will steal it.
    someone in aspen definitely needs it
    skid luxury

Hey Mofro, do you put your boots on while seated?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    nah I drive with them on.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    someone in aspen definitely needs it
    Don't tempt me with a good time

Name:  GA Plate.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  152.8 KB
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    you donít? this blows my mind. half the time itís ok but the other half itís dumping

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    nah I drive with them on.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Don't tempt me with a good time

Name:  GA Plate.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  152.8 KB
    haha- you can even spell it out more
    do it
    skid luxury

^^^^
    Maybe never. I do otoh drive in them regularly around the base area.

-and it's a bit more tedious right now. pretty quick in my suitup unless I safetied en route.
    /drift

Wagon Stoke

Took the W211 E500 in for a long overdue service because there is a slight rattle in the front end. I had a tie rod break a number of years ago and didnít want to wait. Turns out itís the control arm bushings going bad. Itís not a safety hazard so I can live with it; car doesnít shake at all. The SSD speed sensitive steering sensor is broken so the steering is heavy at slow speed. No big deal. Everything else checks out ok. $200. Hopefully good for a couple more years. 168k miles

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0584.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	315934

Solid sled.
    I still call it The Jake.

Big fan of that wagon styling. Same with the generation before and after.

In the market for a new whip and drove a bunch yesterday. The emotional purchaser in me really wants the MB wagon but the practical purchaser in me probably doesn't let that happen.

I do like the E400S wagon; I need most of the options though. The W211 E500 is my favorite prior to that. There are some low mileage W211 V8's out there.

Nice E400S

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I do like the E400S wagon; I need most of the options though. The W211 E500 is my favorite prior to that. There are some low mileage W211 V8's out there.

Nice E400S
    That interior is comical. Some Russian oligarch decided to flee the capital?

Anyone got any beta on the 2017 330i wagon? Gf is in a 15 allroad right now and the inside leaves some to be desired.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

While I like the exterior of the Merc wagon, the interiors do little to excite me. The BMW is a different story for sure.

The 330i has a more powerful 2.0-liter engine (248 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque) as well as power-adjustable front sport seats, power-folding and heated side mirrors, auto-dimming mirrors, paddle shifters for automatic transmission-equipped models, driver-seat memory functions and split-folding rear seatbacks.

The 328d and 330i wagons are equipped like the sedans and also come with a panoramic sunroof, roof rails, a power liftgate and the eight-speed automatic transmission.
    https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series...1661580/review
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    While I like the exterior of the Merc wagon, the interiors do little to excite me. The BMW is a different story for sure.

The 330i has a more powerful 2.0-liter engine (248 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque) as well as power-adjustable front sport seats, power-folding and heated side mirrors, auto-dimming mirrors, paddle shifters for automatic transmission-equipped models, driver-seat memory functions and split-folding rear seatbacks.

The 328d and 330i wagons are equipped like the sedans and also come with a panoramic sunroof, roof rails, a power liftgate and the eight-speed automatic transmission.
    https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/3-series...1661580/review
    Thanks! Going to head and test one out tomorrow. Trying to decide if a wagon is a must. A A6 prestige with the supercharged 3.0 can be had for the same price.

A6 prestige with the supercharged 3.0

Owwwww, aaaaaah. Love that motor. Maybe go for one of the hatchback models to get you a little more room than the sedan.

https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/co...-engines1.html
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Unfortunately the a5 hatch is a little out of my price range and I'm not huge on the a7. Time to test drive a bunch I guess

I love my wife's BMW 428. Put it in Sport and it really goes for a 4 cylinder engine and averages about 34mpg on the highway. With the hatchback, we can actually get two big dogs in the back. We have had great luck (mostly) with the many Beemers we have owned. Just trade in before 100k miles or grab your ankles.

Is that 4 series the GT version?

Yup, it is a damn nice car.