Page 56 of 290 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

I love our lx470, it drives like a car on the road and still is land cruiser enough to go off road.

I believe that the recommended towing max varied between the model years for the 100-series land cruiser/LX. Probably the same for model years of other vehicles, too...(?)

Yup. Just confirmed on autotrader what I had always heard and seen. In my local area (just doing an apples to apples search so limited it to '05), LX470s range from 12-15K. LCs of the same year, 15-22K. Funny. I really don't get it. It's not exactly like modern Land Cruisers (in the United States at least) are bare bones with stripped down rugged interiors. They're kinda posh too from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    You're right! It's 6500 lbs on the Land Cruiser versus 5000 on the LX470. Supposedly might have something to do with the LX's air suspension. I've heard of people swapping out the LX's for the LC's setup when the air ride inevitably goes bust and that gets you back to 6500. Might be a couple more components at play though (like how the hitch is mounted?) so I'd still probably say "5000 lbs" to be on the safe side.

Still. Should have zero problem towing a little trailer. Then again, neither should many vehicles. I just always found the LX470 to be a bargain (used) compared to the many vastly overpriced used 4Runners/Tacos/Tundras out there. Never did understand why they seemed to depreciate more than their other Toyota brethren.
    Not that the Toyota brand name is cheap to fix these days, but does the Lexus carry a repair premium due simply to its name branding? Example...subbie WRX and whatever that abomination Saab and Subbie did right before Saabs demise...ill bet that Saab came with a "saab repair price premium".

Probably depends on the part and where it is purchased. A part specific to the LX may carry a premium but everything else is the same as the LC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Probably depends on the part and where it is purchased. A part specific to the LX may carry a premium but everything else is the same as the LC.
    So Lexus stealership rates are same as Toyota for shop work? Color me impressed.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    So Lexus stealership rates are same as Toyota for shop work? Color me impressed.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    He didn't say that. He said parts are interchangeable. Just like Audi/VW are

Labor rates are unique to each shop and not brand specific.

BushMills you fucker, where are you. I just can't buy a SUV and have a question on your wife's T6. Google search states it is good for up to 3300lbs in towing. How about if I chip the ECU to boost it from 300hp to 340hp? That is almost in the Jaquar/E400 power range and they can tow 4000lbs. Hell, a Ford Explorer with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost is about 350hp and is rated to 5000lbs with a beefy hitch. I think I can make the Volvo work and eventually trick it out to look something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	volvo-xc70-at-concept.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	232744

Back to the Wagon stoke biatches!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Love me my T6.

I'm pretty sure increasing the power doesn't do anything for the tow rating. The suspension and brakes are still the limiting factors.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Yup. Just confirmed on autotrader what I had always heard and seen. In my local area (just doing an apples to apples search so limited it to '05), LX470s range from 12-15K. LCs of the same year, 15-22K. Funny. I really don't get it. It's not exactly like modern Land Cruisers (in the United States at least) are bare bones with stripped down rugged interiors. They're kinda posh too from what I've seen.
    I prefer the LC to the LX looks on the new ones. New LX looks like Kylo Ren.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Hating on SUV is pointless. I've got a true wagon, a CX-5 and now a Q5. The sporty cute utes feel no different than the wagon other than being slightly taller. They are easier to get in and out of. The steering is better and the suspension is more damp. My Q5 is even more planted in high speed corners than the wagon. Back when the wagon had coilovers it would handle better but it was hash. All I really lost with the cute ute was a little room in the boot. Seats still fold down so no big deal.

The hate only comes from the soccer mom stereotype I'm guessing. Soccer mom's drive trucks these days guys. Get over it already.
    We looked at a few 'Cute Utes" when replacing the JSW TDI, we found that most of these were more raised hatchbacks than raised wagons with the rear cargo area not being as long in the back especially when we were looking for the need to put skis in the back. For this reason we ended back with the Alltrack,
    Click. Point. Chute.

Yeah. The Golf Wagon has an in impressive cargo/footprint ratio. Unfortunately it's at the expense of rear seat room, but it's still perfectly usable for non giants.

We ended up with a Q5 TDI instead of an Allroad, because of the choice of engines.
    Taking her in today for the diesel emission flash. Hopefully she doesn’t loose much mileage or performance.
    If so, I’ll just get her reflashed later, after we get the $9000 settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    We ended up with a Q5 TDI instead of an Allroad, because of the choice of engines.
    Taking her in today for the diesel emission flash. Hopefully she doesn’t loose much mileage or performance.
    If so, I’ll just get her reflashed later, after we get the $9000 settlement.
    My appointment is tomorrow

Gonna get a Malone flash pretty much right after the fix. Transmission flash likely as well. Mileage shouldn't suffer much. Definitely more adblue usage I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    I prefer the LC to the LX looks on the new ones. New LX looks like Kylo Ren.
    Oh gee. That new one is hideous. I definitely prefer the old models, that's for sure. Not sure why Lexus (and many Toyotas) are going so aggro with their styling these days. Kylo Ren. Hahaha.

Name:	IMG_0977.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	1,021.6 KB 
ID:	232844
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Looks good, but it is so damn long. How do you flip a u turn in that boat?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I think that’s just the angle of the picture. but to answer your question: very quickly.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Looks good, but it is so damn long. How do you flip a u turn in that boat?
    You steer with your right foot.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I would definitely do a power slide at every possible U-turn. Good looking to me in a funny kinda way.

Sold my VW jetta sportwagen tdi back last November. Searching for a replacement now, either a 15' GSW or a MKVI JSW. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Hating on SUV is pointless. I've got a true wagon, a CX-5 and now a Q5. The sporty cute utes feel no different than the wagon other than being slightly taller. They are easier to get in and out of. The steering is better and the suspension is more damp. My Q5 is even more planted in high speed corners than the wagon. Back when the wagon had coilovers it would handle better but it was hash. All I really lost with the cute ute was a little room in the boot. Seats still fold down so no big deal.

The hate only comes from the soccer mom stereotype I'm guessing. Soccer mom's drive trucks these days guys. Get over it already.
    at least you didn't get the white audi with untinted windows, if you did at every traffic light some 52 year old dude would roll up to you only hoping to make eyes at some mature hot mom he'd then pull out a small bottle of personal lubercation and mouth "I understand menopause"

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    at least you didn't get the white audi with untinted windows, if you did at every traffic light some 52 year old dude would roll up to you only hoping to make eyes at some mature hot mom he'd then pull out a small bottle of personal lubercation and mouth "I understand menopause"
    You are describing exactly how it feels to drive this white Audi A6 loaner I have now. It's awful

Saw a sweet new v60 T6 AWD today. Didn't think I would want it, but I do

This thing is out front the Rome Waldorf.

Name:	Image1524466043.878130.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	233377

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums