Page 155 of 290 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 7242

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Bought three years ago for $40k. It’s prolly worth $35now. They are holding value. It’s basically a fancy Vw
    I got the v6 AWD. I know the turbo v8 is where the action is but I’m fine with 300hp. Does great with snow tires. Summer tires not so good in snow.
    Only issue has been stupid shit like the chrome trim on the window control snapping off. It’s a $100 part and a quick fix but Fuck it.

The cockpit and driving experience is awesome.
    Good to know! Since I'm too poor to pay Porsche mechanic prices, I'll be planning on wrenching myself so I would probably also go with the V6 which is no slouch either like you said. My in-laws inherited a geriatric Cayenne with what I believe is the same (or similar V6) as the Panamera's and it's honestly been perfectly reliable and still solid. Enough for me to have a little faith in it at least.

With USED, not low mileage Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna prices hovering in the mid-30s (a big nope for me), the Panamera's a MUCH more compelling idea for me, plenty big for my family and would be great for my usual cross-country trips. Used car prices these days are RIDICULOUS. Thus, why I'm trying my best to limp all 3 of my ancient POS cars over the 200K line. Poor Volvo's still sleeping in my garage with its blown water pump. Haha.

Got a Porsche wagon if someone wants it...
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Great now I have to vomit

I actually think the Sport Turismo looks good. Even better in the lower trims than the Turbo with all the pointy bits.

Still think the Panamera is superior looking to it, but that's not here nor there.

In the reviews I've seen/read where they discuss the e63s Wagon, RS6Avant and the Sport Turismo Turbo S, the Porsche mops the floor with the other two. That said, given the chance to buy one over the other I'm hard pressed to pass up the Audi.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Great now I have to vomit
    Really? I actually like them more than the normal Panamera.

This is a 4S. Its a great car.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Well nevermind on the Panamera. Just checked Autotrader to see what prices were looking like and looks like they're holding stronger on value than they used to. Last time I was looking at them, I found plenty of good examples in the 20K range. No mas. Stupid used car market. It's freaking depressing. Car market's like the real estate market. Low inventory. High prices. Sucks being poor in 2021.

The used car market is absolutely insane right now. Im selling two of my personal cars to Carvana this month.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Noice!!! The Panamera is indeed a very compelling car .... I've heard they're actually pretty reliable overall. Is that true?
    it's obviously just a single data point, but my 2013 Panamera GTS really hasn't been reliable. I had random problems in the first eighteen months that were never really tracked down -- they fixed it by replaced the entire wiring harness. Since then I've had multiple bad injectors, which also caused intermittent problems and took the Porsche dealer multiple tries to track down.

I love the car when it's running well. The big V8 is a wonderful engine, the PDK transmission shifts better than I ever could, it handles amazingly well for such a big car, and it's really comfortable for all four passengers. The downside has been several long-ish stretches where it had intermittent issues with misfires and assorted warning messages. It has never stranded me, but I don't completely trust it, either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    it's obviously just a single data point, but my 2013 Panamera GTS really hasn't been reliable. I had random problems in the first eighteen months that were never really tracked down -- they fixed it by replaced the entire wiring harness. Since then I've had multiple bad injectors, which also caused intermittent problems and took the Porsche dealer multiple tries to track down.

I love the car when it's running well. The big V8 is a wonderful engine, the PDK transmission shifts better than I ever could, it handles amazingly well for such a big car, and it's really comfortable for all four passengers. The downside has been several long-ish stretches where it had intermittent issues with misfires and assorted warning messages. It has never stranded me, but I don't completely trust it, either.
    That engine has a glorious reputation. I’ve wanted one but the scary side of its rep has kept me away. Have experienced bore scoring on my 911 - leading to full replacement. Thank goodne$$ for a fidelity warranty. My next new car will be Toyota electric. Toyota bout to take over the E game

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post

Oh geez! Not that I can't handle replacing injectors on my own or anything, but I guess its susceptible to the same typical VAG electrical gremlins as my POS Audi. And those DO suck balls to try and diagnose sometimes. Guess I better save up enough til I can pony up to get a well-warrantied CPO Panamera. (it's gonna be a while) FML

The wife just flipped 200k on her B8 A4. It’s been pretty good to us but I’m thinking it’s time for something new.

Any glaring issues with B8.5 Allroads? She likes the looks of them and from what I can gather they are pretty reliable. No worse than her current car anyways.

RE Audi with vibration. Do you have aftermarket rims with rings? Even if you have original wheels I found that you have to be very careful when tightening the nuts. Those oval seats don't always center the wheel properly. You or your shop has to tighten them by hand, while wiggling the wheel.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    The wife just flipped 200k on her B8 A4. It’s been pretty good to us but I’m thinking it’s time for something new.

Any glaring issues with B8.5 Allroads? She likes the looks of them and from what I can gather they are pretty reliable. No worse than her current car anyways.
    Mine has been a dream and I'm just outside the warranty. I did some preventive/regular maintenance, R8 plugs and coils, air/oil separator, timing chain, water pump, and all related seals when they were in there, and an APR stage 1 tune when I hit 100k and the warranty expired. I've posted about it a bunch in this thread. It's as tight as the day it come home from the Audi dealer and the only thing to quit on me was as Aldo pointed out on the last page, an a/c pressure switch that cost a couple hundred bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    RE Audi with vibration. Do you have aftermarket rims with rings? Even if you have original wheels I found that you have to be very careful when tightening the nuts. Those oval seats don't always center the wheel properly. You or your shop has to tighten them by hand, while wiggling the wheel.

Thanks for suggesting that. Bone stock wheels and this is the third set of P7 Cinturatos I've had (actually these are technically the CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II, where my prior sets were just CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUSes)

I've had them pulled off rebalanced and my tire guys (Discount Tire) tighten all by hand using the correct setting tire torque bar. It's not bad, but I'm pissed because this wasn't an issue until I got new tires and I live in the 75-85mph zone on the highway (like everyone else around here) and that's almost exclusively where I start to feel it.

BMills, room for Demuro steed in your stable?

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/Kdp...kB36ayiMFvJ8Ug

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Don't forget the wiggle

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    The used car market is absolutely insane right now. Im selling two of my personal cars to Carvana this month.
    This is so true. Checked on old M3 (e46 or e90) pricing recently for a fun third car and it's gone bonkers. Will probably end up with something new if pricing keeps going this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Holy shit. Fuck finding the Assfinder, would you look at that sex machine. School drop off is going to be a lot more interesting in that thing.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

Thanks for suggesting that. Bone stock wheels and this is the third set of P7 Cinturatos I've had (actually these are technically the CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUS II, where my prior sets were just CINTURATO P7 ALL SEASON PLUSes)

I've had them pulled off rebalanced and my tire guys (Discount Tire) tighten all by hand using the correct setting tire torque bar. It's not bad, but I'm pissed because this wasn't an issue until I got new tires and I live in the 75-85mph zone on the highway (like everyone else around here) and that's almost exclusively where I start to feel it.
    A few years ago I purchased a set of new tires, had similar issues and eventually found out that one of them was slightly out of round from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post

The eighth-generation Buick Roadmaster was the swan song for the GM "B-body," which was first introduced in 1926 as GM's full-size platform that would go on to become one of most ubiquitous and best sellers in General Motors' history.
    1926. Impressive run.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'm pulling off the snows today and opted for the new Continental DWS06 Plus. I was running the Cinturato P7s last summer and liked them but figured I'd switch it up. We'll see how that decision plays out.
    Have these on the allroad for summer. Been a good tire. If it gets under 50 overnight they do seem to develop a flat spot that takes a few miles to spin out.

Anybody dealt with the coolant pump relay issue? EPC light just came on and threw that code. Still waiting to see what the outcome will be. Worst case, the whole car catches fire, right?
    Last edited by Mustonen; 04-24-2021 at 10:23 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit. Fuck finding the Assfinder, would you look at that sex machine. School drop off is going to be a lot more interesting in that thing.
    Needs more lift

And maybe a Jerry can on the roof.
    And some truck nutz
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Have these on the allroad for summer. Been a good tire. If it gets under 50 overnight they do seem to develop a flat spot that takes a few miles to spin out.

Anybody dealt with the coolant pump relay issue? EPC light just came on and threw that code. Still waiting to see what the outcome will be. Worst case, the whole car catches fire, right?
    Can confirm that DWS06s Def need a little warm up time. Have them on the 2 Audis rn

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Pilot sport as3 on my 6spd avant. Very good summer grip, but winters are a must.

Bought my 18 Alltrack brand new with 6/72k for 22k 3 years ago. Put 50k on it. Carvana would pay me 18,900 for it right now.

It seems stupid not to sell it. But I love it. And what to replace it with. Nothing comes close for the money and I lose the manual.

Just hard to believe. Supposed to lose your ass on depreciation with a manual VW. Lol.