Page 218 of 290 FirstFirst ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... LastLast
Results 5,426 to 5,450 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Side question: Anybody here know what the best Mercedes internet forum is? Wife and I are starting to learn toward a used E class wagon so I want to keep my eyes peeled with forum classifieds.
    For some added bling don't forget the AMG shift knob.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    For some added bling don't forget the AMG shift knob.
    Do they do an AMG shift stalk in the wagon?
    I still call it The Jake.

A column mounted AMG shifter on a S123 would be quite a novelty. Probably bump the value 20%.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by flaviaman View Post
    Purchased this A6 8 months ago after waiting a year for it to be built - semiconductors as well as the war in Ukraine (Audi's wiring harnesses were (are?) made in Ukraine).

My fourth Audi and I have been pleased with it.....17,600 miles and the only issue has been buggy software for the radio/media unit. Enough room for taking the 3 grandkids skiing as well as just hauling crap. 33 mpg on the highway!

Attachment 459598Attachment 459599
    This right here. Sweet whip Flavia.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    This right here. Sweet whip Flavia.
    I have refocused my efforts; navy is my new black. New/CPO (on an insanely hard to find configuration) is rapidly approaching equilibrium.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I have refocused my efforts; navy is my new black. New/CPO (on an insanely hard to find configuration) is rapidly approaching equilibrium.

Yeah, used is still stupid money. I looked the other day and can probably sell my BRZ for more than I bought it (after 4k miles and a year or so driving it).

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Yeah, used is still stupid money. I looked the other day and can probably sell my BRZ for more than I bought it (after 4k miles and a year or so driving it).
    Indeed. With the exception of that used E63 I'm still lusting after, prices are still nuts. I about puked when I looked at that Volvo V90 last week and the salesman told me it was $62K. It was in good shape and all, but had like 19,000 miles on it. Just for funsies, I looked it up on Volvo's builder and I can get a BRAND NEW one spec'd the same for $59,150. Well $60K after destination fees. AND I could go the OSD route and score a free(ish) trip to Sweden out of the deal.

And SIMULTANEOUSLY, dealers are all like "wagons just don't sell! Everybody wants SUVs!" Which is funny, because if wagons didn't sell, then why are prices always so absurdly high these days, yet I can actually find decent prices on fully loaded XC90s. They're not exactly slapping discounts on wagons or anything.

I wanted a V90 Cross Country in 2021 when I bought my Cayenne but at that time the prices were stoopid, so I went with the Porsche. Now they look ok.
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Indeed. With the exception of that used E63 I'm still lusting after, prices are still nuts. I about puked when I looked at that Volvo V90 last week and the salesman told me it was $62K. It was in good shape and all, but had like 19,000 miles on it. Just for funsies, I looked it up on Volvo's builder and I can get a BRAND NEW one spec'd the same for $59,150. Well $60K after destination fees. AND I could go the OSD route and score a free(ish) trip to Sweden out of the deal.

And SIMULTANEOUSLY, dealers are all like "wagons just don't sell! Everybody wants SUVs!" Which is funny, because if wagons didn't sell, then why are prices always so absurdly high these days, yet I can actually find decent prices on fully loaded XC90s. They're not exactly slapping discounts on wagons or anything.
    Oh there's definitely a chance. On one hand I'm getting tired of maintenance costs for the allroad that could just be going towards a new a6 allroad, on the other, after a recent front suspension refresh (control arms, busings, rods) it drives so fucking well and still makes me smile and is paid for, so hey.

Did a bit of rate shopping over the weekend and a good loan with good (for these days) rate on a new build a6 is exactly $137 more than one for a CPO with ~10k miles. WTF?

Oh there's definitely a chance. On one hand I'm getting tired of maintenance costs for the allroad that could just be going towards a new a6 allroad, on the other, after a recent front suspension refresh (control arms, busings, rods) it drives so fucking well and still makes me smile and is paid for, so hey.
    Yeah, that's always a tougher call when a vehicle gets to that point, BUT if it makes you feel any better, when it comes to Audi, it seems that once you push through all the not cheap major routine services (timing chain, tensioners, belts, pulleys, carbon cleaning, etc.) and a suspension refresh like you did, you can be good to go for the next 80-100K miles.

That always struck me as really odd with BMW and Merc. So you're going to charge a premium price for a premium product yet your offerings all start with vinyl?

I get it, it's not a cloth interior that smells like a rental Malibu off-gassing noxious fumes, but come on at least make the base trim leather seats; you can vinyl the shit out of everything else if its that big of a deal.
    MB Tex is bomber. It's better than most of the super cheap sealed leather out there IMO.

Automotive leather is such a mixed bag - it's mostly painted and has a clear coat. Doesn't breathe and requires more care than Merc's synthetic materials. Most automotive leathers get greasy and shiny really easily too.

BMWs cheap vinyl is cheap though.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Definitely nice. That said, it makes me wonder if this guy is listing his for 18k, how much I could list mine for if I had any inclination to deal with the car-buying public.

OG Teutonic Lead Sled…

Name:  IMG_8696.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  133.9 KB

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-audi-200-17/

I had the sedan… always wanted a wagon.

It was acquired in 2020 by the seller, who reports that it was subsequently retrofitted with an Iroz Motorsport RS2-spec turbocharger, a Wagner exhaust manifold, and a custom 3″ exhaust system in addition to an AAN engine control unit, cylinder head, and coil-on-plug ignition. A custom intercooler, 7A camshafts, Bilstein dampers, H&R lowering springs, and Brembo front brake calipers are additional elements.

Wow. That’s a big investment in a car you sell two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It was acquired in 2020 by the seller, who reports that it was subsequently retrofitted with an Iroz Motorsport RS2-spec turbocharger, a Wagner exhaust manifold, and a custom 3″ exhaust system in addition to an AAN engine control unit, cylinder head, and coil-on-plug ignition. A custom intercooler, 7A camshafts, Bilstein dampers, H&R lowering springs, and Brembo front brake calipers are additional elements.

Unless you fucked it up in the process

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Unless you fucked it up in the process
    And the repairs have you bleeding out...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Guy in my neighborhood bought a new S4 a few years ago. Put in killer stereo, lowering kit, HRE wheels, exhaust, bought different colored calipers from some other owner, etc.

Had the car for under two years before selling it. And not like he’s just always getting new cars.

I imagine you take a big financial hit doing that.

Yeah, or at least unhappy with results

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    And the repairs have you bleeding out...
    This encapsulates vintage Audi ownership in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    This encapsulates vintage Audi ownership in my experience.
    Yeah, I kind of agree and I know this is anecdotal, and probably not popular, but my last three daily drivers have been BMWs, (3 Audis before that), and that’s about 600,000 miles or so and I’ve had way less problems, and frankly stuff just wore out on my Audis quicker.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I still love these

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AD4004CC-EC23-4083-B018-40A9B8FD94A6.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	574.8 KB 
ID:	460185

Dude got a great spot too

In related news, the average American is an idiot when it comes to managing money.

Wagon Stoke

[QUOTE=singlecross;6868121]OG Teutonic Lead Sled…

Name:  IMG_8696.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  133.9 KB

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-audi-200-17/

I had the sedan… always wanted a wagon.[/]

Had a few of these avants - still have 3 in storage in back of shop , what a platform. Watching prices jump - calculating putting one together and selling it for a tuition payment soon!

That said - can’t approve of the pie plates on that one.. not doin it for me…