Page 71 of 290 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...a3-photos/amp/

So the 3 now gets AWD, a 6 spd stick, and the new high efficiency compression/ignition engine tech.
    6 speed and awd though? Article does not say and they don't offer awd with the stick on other models.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...ck-photos-info

2019 uses cheaper torsion bar rear suspension rather than multilink. SkyActiv engine will be avail later in 2019. I think you'll have to wait to get confirmation on what transmission/engine/awd combinations are available for the hatch version.

Regardless pushing the bar forward on the skyactiv tech is cool. I used to care about them getting the diesel over here but anymore...meh.

^^ Monster C Pillar on that thing. That ought to make some maneuvers really sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Great minds think alike? Nice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Add “American racing wheels” to the TRG spec Audi 6 spd awd diesel turbo wagon with a box

6 speed and awd though? Article does not say and they don't offer awd with the stick on other models.
    If I were a betting man, my money'd be on no to that specific combo judging by pretty much EVERY model out there. Seems that pretty much only Subaru and BMW offer AWD with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/20...ck-photos-info
    2019 uses cheaper torsion bar rear suspension rather than multilink.
    Aww, man. That's a bummer. I wonder how that will effect handling. Always been impressed with how the multilinks drove. However I'm cautiously optimistic as the new Hyundai Veloster also uses torsion bar rear and apparently the 2019 model's a competent little handler, so perhaps there's hope?

Regardless pushing the bar forward on the skyactiv tech is cool. I used to care about them getting the diesel over here but anymore...meh.
    Yeah, Mazda is REALLY making some fascinating innovations with engine tech, and have probably pushed the limits about as far as we can expect to see from ICE's before they go the way of the dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    ^^ Monster C Pillar on that thing. That ought to make some maneuvers really sketchy.
    Yeah, I'm on the fence about that design. I kinda like it but I don't. My old 3 had bad rear vis as it was even with the little rear windows, so this one has to be really bad. Kinda wish it had rear windows. Then again, the car does look REALLY slick overall. In a world where Honda and Toyota (and others) have gone 2 EXTREEEEEEME with their hideous new designs that look like they belong in a Fast & Furious/Transformers mashup movie, it is SO refreshing to see Mazda keeping it classy with a somewhat elegant, classy design with nice smooth lines and curves all the way around. Especially on a relatively inexpensive economy car. I give it a thumbs up overall.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Seems that pretty much only Subaru and BMW offer AWD with a stick.
    I don’t know about Subaru, but BMW does not import a vehicle with a MT and AWD anymore. That’s why I bought mine almost a year ago.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I don’t know about Subaru, but BMW does not import a vehicle with a MT and AWD anymore. That’s why I bought mine almost a year ago.
    Bummer. Guess I should have said "offered," past tense. Sad.

New Lincoln Aviator looks like a wagon but is tall like a SUV. Panties will get twisted but you know you want one. Wagons are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    New Lincoln Aviator looks like a wagon but is tall like a SUV. Panties will get twisted but you know you want one. Wagons are dead.
    The giant wheels on the crossovers make for a rough ride.

Dodge Ram pickups come with 20s. The days of 15 inch wheels and cheap tires are over. Get over it.

Running 15" Blizzaks on my '15 Golf. $500 CAD for the set, installed.

Nobody on TGR cares about economy hatchbacks. We are all dentists here. My Cadillac CTS-V runs on 22 inch Pirelli snows.

Aww, man. That's a bummer. I wonder how that will effect handling. Always been impressed with how the multilinks drove.
    Mrs Brit just got a CX3 this summer which has the torsion bar rear. It's firmly sprung (maybe too firmly?) and as normal nowadays the tires are far too low a profile for comfort yet not not good enough for performance. But it handles pretty well for it's type IMO. Hasn't seen anything more than just wet leafy roads but you can feel the skyactiv AWD finding grip and pulling the nose in to turns.

Yeah, Mazda is REALLY making some fascinating innovations with engine tech
    Variable ignition source gas engines are being developed throughout the industry. The current generation of F1 power units are using the tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Bummer. Guess I should have said "offered," past tense. Sad.
    I know we all love an MT but the autos have gotten so good in higher performance cars, and so cheap in daily drivers it just makes sense from a car makers perspective. The majority of drivers don't want MT. They sit I'm traffic in commutes and it's a pain. Change is hard for most of us old folk. 20 years from now kids won't even know want an MT is, much less how to operate one. Hell might be pushing close to some kids not even knowing what an ICE is in 20 years if they get alternative energy dialed. I'm glad I learned MT and drove them for many years but I don't know that I'd say I miss driving one. #getoffmylawn

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

I miss it when I drive our minivan.
    I simply like the driving experience to be more interactive that’s all.
    When it’s completely automated I’ll love it, but we’re a long way from that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I miss it when I drive our minivan.
    I simply like the driving experience to be more interactive that’s all.
    When it’s completely automated I’ll love it, but we’re a long way from that.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah I'd agree with more interactive, you sure feel.like you're more "in control". I'm into the easy life now.

In the "fast car" higher end market the autos are so dialed you could never shift manually as fast or efficiently as the computer. I'd imagine as long as ICE is around that tech will filter down as costs come down and tech advances.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Wagon Stoke

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0692.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	781.6 KB 
ID:	258196

Hey Griswold! Where do you think you’re gonna put a tree that big???
    focus.

Wagon Stoke

Mini is still offering AWD and MT on the Countryman, though the new gen is much more SUV in the way it handles vs the more spartan, harsh-riding previous generation. Which can be found on the cheap.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Mini is still offering AWD and MT on the Countryman, though the new gen is much more SUV in the way it handles vs the more spartan, harsh-riding previous generation. Which can be found on the cheap.
    Clubman too. Although when we went to test drive one, they wouldn’t let us. Really. We wanted to stay in this thread.
    We bought the 340x MT instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0692.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	781.6 KB 
ID:	258196

Hey Griswold! Where do you think you’re gonna put a tree that big???
    Whoa. Those rims and tires look really sweet!!!
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

The non-XC V60 in coming to America but it special order only. AWD starts at around $44k with 316 hp.

Name:  0cedf6e9254ecb16f515df1966bbed7c.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  52.0 KB

Pricey but basically a slightly smaller V90.

On the Volvo's, a few dealers always order a few wagons for the dealership to have on hand. After a bit of time goes by you can often buy them with a serious mark down. I saw a V90 on a lot that was marked down about 20%. If the car had a proper 6 cylinder engine, I would of been very tempted by it, but a 4 banger for $48k? NFW. Same think with the V60, the engine really puts me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by wwwllw View Post
    Any more info on this?
    The new Mazda3 is what I was referring to. More hatch than wagon in the end I suppose. Will initially only be available with good ol Skyactiv-G. Skyactiv-X should be mid year. I've read one article saying no other engines will be available - I'm pretty confident that's false. Diesel should be a go, eventually. The CX-5 is also getting diesel, the question is which one gets it first. They can fit every possible combo of engine/trans/AWD, just up to the suits and bean counters at this point.