Page 86 of 288 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Attachment 286068

I do really enjoy the utility of the wagon without sacrificing drivability.

A few weeks ago I went for a bike ride with a friend, before I’d purchased the tray rack. Both our bikes fit in the back.

On the way back I took a “shortcut.” It was a dirt road that was going to save us an easy 5 minutes.... I guess I missed a turnoff. The road got sketchier and sketchier; you know the ones that go from a road to a two track to ruts through the woods..... I passed a lifted Jeep and a lifted Xterra and got some really skeptical looks from the drivers, which is when I should have turned back. Went through a couple of deep rutted (8”+, easy) sloppy wet muddy patches that she handled like a champ, just gunned it and squirmed through. Around when I passed a kid playing a banjo on his front porch I admitted that I had no idea where I was going, finally found a spot wide enough to turn around, and backtracked out of there.

The low profile wheels and etc aren’t really made for that and it took quite a bit of work to clean it all out of the wheels, brakes, etc. I had no business being back there, though. Impressed with the AWD system....
    No fucking shit.

I took my Allroad through the worst blizzard I have ever driven in hands down through pure, deep, accumulating at 2+"/hr, lake-effect whiteout from NE Ohio to Holiday Valley, NY to stormchase some turns while visiting fam over the holidays a few winters ago - on factory Pirelli slicks and that Quattro system had me blasting past everything in sight or cutting fresh tracks the entire way. Sketchy as fuck but man, I was impressed after a long pow day and 8+ hours of white-knuckle driving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Allroad.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	890.2 KB 
ID:	286123

Really not bad mileage at 155....
    And really quite stable photography. Kudos I say.

(Love that R wagon)
    I still call it The Jake.

Shit,you think hat is somethin? ^^^^ A few years back I was up at Mammoth for a giant storm cycle, which at the end of, I had to drive up to Lake Tahoe for the annual timeshare week. I was a bit freaked out about making it up there. Luckily for me, the roads were never more than a foot of unplowed snow, usually less and the V70R handled it no sweat with AS tires on it. Once I got to the timeshare, after passing numerous cars and trucks stuffed into snowbanks, the ladies in the office were like "what did you drive to make it here" and I pointed at old reliable in the lot. I love that car.
    Getting up the timeshare road can be a challenge for most cars.

Name:	Jim's phone 007.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	431.6 KB 
ID:	286166
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Wagon Stoke

I was more impressed at its mud prowess, making dubious use of the skid plates.

But yeah, had several days this winter driving through snow deep enough that I was getting face shots all the way home. Was afraid to let the speed drop below 35-40 lest I get stopped, I was pushing so much snow. She did good with that too. There were plowed options, but I stuck to the backroads because it was so. Damned. Fun.
    focus.

I was more impressed at its mud prowess, making dubious use of the skid plates.

But yeah, had several days this winter driving through snow deep enough that I was getting face shots all the way home. Was afraid to let the speed drop below 35-40 lest I get stopped, I was pushing so much snow. She did good with that too. There were plowed options, but I stuck to the backroads because it was so. Damned. Fun.
    Hell yeah. It does make you have to laugh at all the SUVs and Parking Lot Princess trucks out there who have never and will never see 1% the action that our cars have. My XC70 may not be a 4Runner or anything but it's seen plenty of off-roading and deep snow action. Definitely been more than good enough for my purposes. Not like I'm traversing the Rubicon or anything. Lol.

Always fun talking to Jeep/truck/SUV owners who have the off-road jack mounted, the rugged tires, a winch, and all the other core off-road goodies, then you find out they've never even done anything yet. Oh, they have big plans to go do the [insert trail here] someday, but so many have never left pavement. lmao. Pretty awesome that our Volvos and Audis have seen so much really.

Austin, we ski. I have driven through road conditions most mere mortals would say "O hell no" to, regardless of car they are in or wined up in a ditch
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Austin, we ski. I have driven through road conditions most mere mortals would say "O hell no" to, regardless of car they are in or wined up in a ditch
    This. Weather has never stopped me. WSDOT and Caltrans on the other hand...
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I was more impressed at its mud prowess, so. Damned. Fun.
    No doubt. Awesome stuff from a wagon that veers more towards sports car than "trail-rated".

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Hell yeah. Pretty awesome that our Volvos and Audis have seen so much really.
    This got me thinking. I think our '11 Volvo XC70 T6 was way more of a tank than my Allroad and probably more capable in the shit, but the Quattro system with zero help from the rubber for hours on end of deep, slick, shitty conditions made me a believer. Both great cars that I've been happy to own.
    I still call it The Jake.

+1 for Audi Quattro. Not only snow performance but AWD is very confidence inspiring for spirited driving. Went for a nice long drive last weekend with my A3 and realized I need to ditch the all-season's for the summer in favor of some sticky performance rubber.

Name:	audisun.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	286234

So, umm, do you guys think this pic is for real? From an Audi S8 FB group my bro's on. Is this an S8 Avant?! Or is it a V10 S6 Avant?:

Someone say sticky summer time rubber? Name:  IMG_20190420_173452_847.jpeg
Views: 812
Size:  118.9 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

So, umm, do you guys think this pic is for real? From an Audi S8 FB group my bro's on. Is this an S8 Avant?! Or is it a V10 S6 Avant?:

Looks like the Euro-only '08-'11 S6 Avant that had the V10. Is that photo supposedly from the US or is that a someones driveway in the UK?

Regarding S6 Avants... I worked at a bike shop in Seattle in the mid-2000s and we had a wealthy tech guy customer who had imported+federalized a 2002-2003 S6 Avant and drove it daily. Much like the late Paul Walker - https://bringatrailer.com/2014/05/18...udi-rs6-avant/

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Looks like the Euro-only '08-'11 S6 Avant that had the V10. Is that photo supposedly from the US or is that a someones driveway in the UK?

Regarding S6 Avants... I worked at a bike shop in Seattle in the mid-2000s and we had a wealthy tech guy customer who had imported+federalized a 2002-2003 S6 Avant and drove it daily. Much like the late Paul Walker - https://bringatrailer.com/2014/05/18...udi-rs6-avant/
    Ah, I see. Brother said it's someone who's not in the US, so makes sense. Of COURSE we didn't get those. F U VAG!!!

My bro has an S8 with the V10. What a fantastic motor. Been surprisingly reliable too. Are they known for being any good? The way Audi tuned that engine for the application is near perfection. It's not high strung or anything. It just smoothly pulls for days. The car isn't balls out fast or anything. Kind of just builds like a freight train. Seems its made for Autobahn cruising like a boss. Kind of wasted here though with our measly little speed limits.

Kinda unrelated, but I ran into a guy over the weekend who had a 6 speed stick swapped into a twin turbo V8 RS6 sedan. Dude was prob in his 60s and said he did the swap himself in his garage. He daily drives it claims its reliable. I was impressed.

Ah, I see. Brother said it's someone who's not in the US, so makes sense. Of COURSE we didn't get those. F U VAG!!!

My bro has an S8 with the V10. What a fantastic motor. Been surprisingly reliable too. Are they known for being any good? The way Audi tuned that engine for the application is near perfection. It's not high strung or anything. It just smoothly pulls for days. The car isn't balls out fast or anything. Kind of just builds like a freight train. Seems its made for Autobahn cruising like a boss. Kind of wasted here though with our measly little speed limits.
    I think the V10 was well regarded, but coming from Lamborghini it was pricey on all accounts. The switch to the twin turbo V8 probably lowered cost, lowered a bit of weight and really improved MPG.

An old boss switched his company lease from a twin turbo i6 535ix to the 550ix sedan with the twin turbo v8 and that thing had that same freight train feel. Big car, but well balanced and man that speed really built up when you gave 'er (even at 9000' on a mountain road)!

The current Aspen euro-set has a predilection for the newer E63 wagons. Very very nice specimens cruising around!

The 2006 s4 is similar: laconic V8, powerful, not fast off the line but has killer acceleration 60-90 mph. It's nice for ID and UT cruising, particularly in the avant. With a stick.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Basinbeater - are those firestones?

Yup. Indy 500. Read all the reviews, everybody says they kick ass, and guess what? Everyone is right. They do kick ass.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Someone say sticky summer time rubber? Name:  IMG_20190420_173452_847.jpeg
Views: 812
Size:  118.9 KB

sent from Utah.
    What’s going on with the paint here?

Name:  48171343-D979-457E-98FB-0C8BEAAD33A9.jpeg
Views: 687
Size:  11.5 KB
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Clear coat drip. I painted the car in my garage. Needs to be knocked down with a razor blade and wet sanded, then buffed and polished. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180903_203808.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	286329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180908_224516.jpeg 
Views:	145 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	286330Name:  IMG_20190616_204452_368.jpeg
Views: 754
Size:  76.1 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

And to keep with the wagon theme, I have enjoyed this guy's thread on bringing a bmw wagon back to life. I love restoration threads

https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...y-s-92-525it-5

Name:  30234380747_fe283e03f6_z.jpeg
Views: 706
Size:  98.6 KB

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Here you go guys, a 2011 BMW 328i x. Drive with 76k miles. It was a California certified pre owned car that we had sent to utah. It was my dad's car, and he just headed back to Mexico and is ready to not keep a car in the states for a while. I don't have a price yet, but wanted to put it out there. Pm me if you are interested.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190626_061618.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	286815

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

^^ manual trans ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Sigh.... No...

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Sigh.... No...
    Aww, bummer. Sweet little ride, though. You should have no problem selling it.

I had a 2011 BMW wagon. Sweet car until the AC went out and it would have taken 12 hours of labor to replace the unit.