Page 154 of 290 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 7244

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I figured he couldn’t take a pic because he passed it too quickly on the highway to open up his camera app.

AMC had the right concept. Shame they couldn’t modernize it. Compete with the monstrosity that is the modern subie outback.
    Modernize it? The company went out of business decades ago. The cars went to be Eagle which were euro garbage and the Jeeps split off. My dad worked at the Yonkers factory and we had some AMC cars growing up including the wagon. They were awful garbage cars.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...rs_Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Modernize it? The company went out of business decades ago. The cars went to be Eagle which were euro garbage and the Jeeps split off. My dad worked at the Yonkers factory and we had some AMC cars growing up including the wagon. They were awful garbage cars.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amer...rs_Corporation
    I know this. You’d think given a few decades to improve, they might have had something interesting in 2020.
    focus.

I know this. You’d think given a few decades to improve, they might have had something interesting in 2020.
    AMC Engineers were like

I still call it The Jake.

I do think the AMC Eagle was made from some space age materials as I have seen plenty of mint ones driving around to this day.

I figured he couldn’t take a pic because he passed it too quickly on the highway to open up his camera app.

AMC had the right concept. Shame they couldn’t modernize it. Compete with the monstrosity that is the modern subie outback.
    yes...AMC was doing approx 65 and dude couldnt have looked happier.

I know this is the wagon thread - but I’d like to just drop this in here as your discussion prompted a brief search of bat past sales....
    Have we discussed this yet??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1250.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	372351

That may be my new favorite quote ; " This may be the answer to the question nobody asked "

What kind of tires are you dentists running on your sleds in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I know this is the wagon thread - but I’d like to just drop this in here as your discussion prompted a brief search of bat past sales....

A question no one has asked?? Haven't you guys heard me repeatedly ask why there is no lifted, brown, three speed automatic Targa that does zero to 47 in 2 minutes, made by the same company that brought us the Nash Rambler, Gremlin and Pacer?

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    BB, I know the answers you seek.

Attachment 372314

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ha an outdoorsy version of the Clark Griswold wagon

speaking of clark wagons I saw this in town

Name:	clark.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	372354
    skid luxury

I like the reflection in the photo as it looks familiar.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Huh. Seems like the Allroad's lost some clearance over the years. They USED to have 7.6" back in the '00s. My '08 XC70 has 8.3" which has proven legit for getting to remote trailhead off muddy, rocky, beaten paths. I don't know if I'd wanna lose that either living where you do. ESPECIALLY with something as dainty as a newer Audi where random plastic bits like to disintegrate and implode spontaneously anyway, let alone on trails. Haha. I'd stick with Volvo.
    I was surprised too when I started looking into the specs. My xc70 is an '07 and I like the clearance- enough for just about anything a normal vehicle could go on, but not too jacked up for everyday driving

I'd worry about dragging the allroad so we test drove the Q5 and Q7 recently.
    Q5 seemed more our style since we don't have any childrens needing the 3rd row but dang I like the look of the allroad better.
    I do like the new volvos but have not had the opportunity to test drive one yet. hopefully as we venture out more this summer I'll get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I like the reflection in the photo as it looks familiar.
    ha- I knew it was a bad shot but the whole wagon and license plate made me lol that I knew I had to grab a quick shot before the light changed
    skid luxury

...company that brought us the Nash Rambler, Gremlin and Pacer?
    There was a Victoria band named 64 Funnycars that had a song titled AMC Pacer (ostensibly about a hot rodded version thereof)

One of the lines was "everybody's always trying to put me down 'cause it's the ugliest, fastest car in town"

That may be my new favorite quote ; " This may be the answer to the question nobody asked "
    If that’s not in your book we need to contact the authors and demand a reprint.

A question no one has asked?? Haven't you guys heard me repeatedly ask why there is no lifted, brown, three speed automatic Targa that does zero to 47 in 2 minutes, made by the same company that brought us the Nash Rambler, Gremlin and Pacer?
    I see you Art.

And I hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    What kind of tires are you dentists running on your sleds in the summer?
    I run Pirelli P7 Cinturatos year round on my Allroad. Yeah, I don’t live in the Rocky Mountains, but if these things can perform insanely well even when damned near bald in a Great Lakes blizzard, and have great road feel/grip in the ATL summer then they’ve got my endorsement. Full-time Quattro may have something to do with it too fwiw, but I’m on my third set from new for a reason.

I run Conti ExtremeContact Sports on my 911.

Wait. Whut.?

Bmills has a 911?

That ain’t no wagon. I hope it’s a stick. At least.
    . . .

I see a theme here.

Just so I don’t get caught up in it also I’ll ask B Mills ; Do you have a new a/c pressure switch in that allroad yet?

Core Shot, yep, I've even been lucky enough to own a few of em. Current one isn't special to many but it's special to me as it was my Dad's Southern Sunday driver when he passed. '00 996 Cab paint to sample champagne (which my Mom picked out, and still gets compliments as it looks different depending on the light). Just turned 29k miles last weekend.

Yes, it's a 6mt.

I see a theme here.

Just so I don’t get caught up in it also I’ll ask B Mills ; Do you have a new a/c pressure switch in that allroad yet?

Oh yeah, my Audi indy got that thing in and out in a jif. I do not trust myself to mess with electronics. Back to the tire discussion, my new set of P7s brought to light that one of my wheels was slightly bent resulting in an annoying vibration at 80+ mph.

Thing I don't get is, I could run the thing up to 100 easy peasy without a single vibration before the new rubber, apparently with a bent wheel, on the exact same tires. New wheel installed Monday and it seems better but now I'm super attuned to any change in the ride. Anyone else get an issue when you slap new tires on your ride, or is it common for new tires to highlight an existing issue? They force tested them all in front of me and each is balanced to a T and not out of round. I don't get it.
    Last edited by BmillsSkier; 04-22-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Tires/wheels - I can't tell you how many times we've seen bent wheels on machine then asked customer if they feel anything ; "nope" Your wheel was beyond repair?

Virtually every time I get new tires, I have to go back to get them rebalanced.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Had the opposite experience. My shop mounted the P7's on a set of used wheels I picked up. They said there was a light bend in one and it took some extra weights to balance.

Last year I ran that tire on the rear with no issues. Out of curiosity I am now running it on the front, still no issues.

Really like the P7+'s. Very smooth, don't get knocked around by mid corner bumps, and quiet.
    Last edited by The Tortoise; 04-22-2021 at 09:45 AM.

P7's all season variety for the money checks the most boxes, I sell a ton of them, I expect to get at least 40k out of a set if car remains properly aligned/rotated/inflated

My younger brother was a hellion growing up. He took the parents cabriolet for an underage joyride and completely hammered the front wheel into a huge pothole, putting a significant dent in the rim and killing the tire. I took it to get a new tire and the guy said he couldn't get a tire on it, but that if I could get it bent mostly back to normal, he'd help me out. I took a mallet to that thing a hammered it back into shape. There was still a small ding, but not nearly as bad. The guy got a new tire mounted and balanced and it rode straight and true for the rest of the time they owned the car.

This all happened while my parents were out of town. My brother had just gotten into a ton of trouble almost ripping the door off another car (friend's parents car), so I took mercy and took care of the problem. It just now occurs to me that I don't think my old man ever found out, and that my brother still owes me for that one.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Thanks for the input. I'm pulling off the snows today and opted for the new Continental DWS06 Plus. I was running the Cinturato P7s last summer and liked them but figured I'd switch it up. We'll see how that decision plays out.

Cool family history on the 911

Always wanted one. Picked up a Panamera instead since I still have kids. Porsche really is something special. If only I could get MT in that thing.

And though it’s a hatchback it’s damn near the sexiest almost wagon available.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Cool family history on the 911

Always wanted one. Picked up a Panamera instead since I still have kids. Porsche really is something special. If only I could get MT in that thing.

And though it’s a hatchback it’s damn near the sexiest almost wagon available.
    Noice!!! The Panamera is indeed a very compelling car. They seem to be reasonably priced used (like cheaper than slightly used Camry or typical minivan), so I might have that on my radar for my next family hauler. I've heard they're actually pretty reliable overall. Is that true? Anything HAS to be better than my Audi. Haha. Engine bay on the Porsche sure looks cleaner at least. Still tight but maybe better laid out. Guess it's all VAG these days though, so I'm not sure how they compare. Porsche still seems to be the better built product from what I've seen lately, though. Is that at all correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Noice!!! The Panamera is indeed a very compelling car. They seem to be reasonably priced used (like cheaper than slightly used Camry or typical minivan), so I might have that on my radar for my next family hauler. I've heard they're actually pretty reliable overall. Is that true? Anything HAS to be better than my Audi. Haha. Engine bay on the Porsche sure looks cleaner at least. Still tight but maybe better laid out. Guess it's all VAG these days though, so I'm not sure how they compare. Porsche still seems to be the better built product from what I've seen lately, though. Is that at all correct?
    Bought three years ago for $40k. It’s prolly worth $35now. They are holding value. It’s basically a fancy Vw
    I got the v6 AWD. I know the turbo v8 is where the action is but I’m fine with 300hp. Does great with snow tires. Summer tires not so good in snow.
    Only issue has been stupid shit like the chrome trim on the window control snapping off. It’s a $100 part and a quick fix but Fuck it.

The cockpit and driving experience is awesome.
    . . .