Page 190 of 288 FirstFirst ... 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Blocked sunroof drains have sent more than just a few CTS Wagons to salvage yards. Like so many vehicles there's a bundle of wires that runs under the carpet right next to where the drain hose goes down the a and b pillars. When they get fkd up the water backs up and ends up inside. Nothing good happens after that
    Oh, this I know. Battled it with my Range Rover Sport and now with my wife's AllTrack. It's an easy fix in both cases and part of regular maintenance if you even want to call it that. Still... My statement stands.

And then there's style. GOTO up this puppy and mix in the with sprinter crowd.

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm completely spacing on the Mag that had one recently and did a bunch of wrenching on it. Someone I'm sure will remember who that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I like it. Meh on the color. And I know the track dorks like to talk about the weight savings and rigidity of a slick top, but is a CTS-V wagon really going to benefit from a moonroof delete?

If I'm laying waste to tires and hydrocarbons in a corvette-powered wagon; I want a damn moonroof so I can increase my vitamin D intake, damnit!
    Completely with you. I need a sun/moonroof in my cars and can't fathom why a sunroof delete would be a plus on anything other than a track special.
    I still call it The Jake.

And then there's style. GOTO up this puppy and mix in the with sprinter crowd.

COTO?

535 and v70r are both sweet but bring a trailer prices are crazy high compared to tracking one down elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I need a sun/moonroof in my cars and can't fathom why a sunroof delete would be a plus on anything other than a track special.
    Headroom.

Stopped by the Audi dealership the other week. This newest gen A6 allroad was in the service lot. Tow hook installed on the front and saw a blown out front tire. Then noticed the rears. Both were bald to the cords. My guess is flat front tire, call for help, and then bad tow job $$$ but who knows.

Name:  a6allroadtires1.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  225.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Headroom.
    Huh. I’m a shade over 6’ flat and I’ve never noticed an issue.

Stopped by the Audi dealership the other week. This newest gen A6 allroad was in the service lot. Tow hook installed on the front and saw a blown out front tire. Then noticed the rears. Both were bald to the cords. My guess is flat front tire, call for help, and then bad tow job $$$ but who knows.

Name:  a6allroadtires1.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  225.2 KB
    That poor, poor drivetrain.

6’3” and I like to sit up straight. I would pay extra for no sunroof if I was ordering a car. My e91 had one and it brushed my hair. Our Q7 has one as well and I would gladly trade for an extra inch of headroom and less wind noise with a box but they never sent that option here.

Headroom.
    Exactly

I'm completely spacing on the Mag that had one recently and did a bunch of wrenching on it. Someone I'm sure will remember who that was.

Completely with you. I need a sun/moonroof in my cars and can't fathom why a sunroof delete would be a plus on anything other than a track special.
    In addition to being lighter and giving more headroom, slick tops remove concerns about leaking or mechanical failure (BMWs are notorious).

Duly noted.

In addition to being above average in most other aspects of life it appears Maggots are all also 6’3” or taller.

I will continue to enjoy my free vitamin D and the headspace my 6’ 1/8” frame allows me.

And pray for no leaks.

A real perk of being 5’9” (the Doctor’s office actually just told me I’m 5’10”, but…I’ve been telling people I’m 5’9” for so long I’m not sure how to make that transition) is that I’m right in the sweet spot for most everything designed around humans. Cars, couches, beds, houses.

I am small enough to have to endure mocking on the rare occasions that I drive a large pickup. But they can all fuck off, I can see over the steering wheel just fine and don’t actually need a step stool to get in.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    A real perk of being 5’9” (the Doctor’s office actually just told me I’m 5’10”, but…I’ve been telling people I’m 5’9” for so long I’m not sure how to make that transition) is that I’m right in the sweet spot for most everything designed around humans. Cars, couches, beds, houses.

I am small enough to have to endure mocking on the rare occasions that I drive a large pickup. But they can all fuck off, I can see over the steering wheel just fine and don’t actually need a step stool to get in.
    I used to be 5'10. I'm more like 5'9. And ya, it's a sweet spot for many things. Plus I have short legs so airplane seat legroom is not an issue for me. The narrow seats, however, suck green donkey dick.

Duly noted.

In addition to being above average in most other aspects of life it appears Maggots are all also 6’3” or taller.

I will continue to enjoy my free vitamin D and the headspace my 6’ 1/8” frame allows me.

And pray for no leaks.
    People sometimes have funny dimensions. One of my buddies is 6’0”, but has the torso of a guy who’s almost 6’4”. Dude needs serious headroom.

I used to be able to tell people I was 5'6". I can't anymore. Too many back injuries have changed things. I think most cars have too much headroom. If they would just drop the roofline 2 or 3 inches the cg would be lower and the car would be more aero. It's a double win.

You can fuck right off with that idea
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Ha!

Also, if the current skateboard platform of EVs is the design base for the future, expect everything to be taller. Look at that hideous Mustang Mach-E for an example. Every one of these things seems to have a higher midline and roofline to account for the stack of batteries they're riding on.

The only ones that seem to have designed around it/figured it out have been the Taycan/Audi E-Tron GT.

I think that will change a lot as solid-state batteries become a thing. They can be so much smaller and can be made into creative shapes that could be distributed differently through the vehicle.

Tesla Model 3 and S use the skateboard and are like an inch taller than the Taycan and e-Tron.

Don't let that sled go to NE.

N54 tunable

Reliable? YMMV…

https://precision-sport.com/blogs/ne...54-reliability

No N54 experience, but if you know a good indy BMW mechanic, you should be fine.

Always dream of those cars. Currently in an F25 X3 35i with N55, it’s great, but it’s not a wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

https://jalopnik.com/its-your-fault-...ons-1848345382

According to Automobilewoche, a German automotive news site, a lack of demand for wagons in “mega-markets” like the U.S. and China means the body style isn’t long for this world.
    The future generation of the E-class, which is reported to arrive in 2030, won’t offer a wagon variant.

However, if you really want a new Mercedes wagon, you’re going to need to act fast, because they’ll soon be gone. But we both know you aren’t going to do that, because you weren't buying these wagons, anyway.