Page 214 of 288 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

That’s what she said

"timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

^^
    sex

Why can't I have a V10 wagon? I want that.
    I still call it The Jake.

That's a lot of spark plugs.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

And the maintenance costs will bankrupt you.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    And the maintenance costs will bankrupt you.
    Not too bad actually. My brother has an S8 with that same V10 and it ends up that engine is pretty bulletproof overall. It's very well regarded AFAIK. As to the rest of the vehicle, it's no worse than any other Audi. Which admittedly is not saying a lot, BUT between his great indie German shop he goes to and doing the rest of the maintenance himself, his S8 hasn't cost him really all that much more over the years than the A4's he's owned. I think his biggest thing was an intake manifold, which wasn't cheap, but that's been about it aside from preventative maintenance like all the tensioners, pulleys, an expensive carbon cleaning service, and stuff at about 100K. He's gotta be up to around 150K by now easy and it's getting up there in years. Typical crappy German electronics and plastics will likely do the car in before the engine ever does, but so far so good. I'd buy one.

I've been keeping an eye out for deals on a V90 T6 to replace my wife's 9-5 wagon. CPO for sure. Looks like the CPO can be extended to 10 years from original in-service date which is badass. However, I can't seem to find pricing on that. Anyone gone that route on a Volvo? Guessing at least $3-4k but maybe that's low. Love the idea of several years of worry-free driving.

Look at swedespeed.com, I am certain that topic is in there and the numbers of dealers that sell it discounted. I bought one for 6 years many years ago, but forget from who. In my case it was a waste of money as I never used it.

Did a search for you: If you do a search on here..many of us (including myself) have bought from Steingold Volvo....Michael Bernardo made it a very easy transaction and way less than what my dealer offered me (like $1500 lower) for the exact same genuine Volvo warranty.
    https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/e.../#post-7928916
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Typical crappy German electronics and plastics will likely do the car in before the engine ever does
    ^^ that's some audi wisdom right there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my case it was a waste of money as I never used it.
    Yeah, but you haven't owned an SPA model, right? (or have you?) Judging by the swedespeed forums as well as Savagegeese's XC90, you're REALLY gonna want to go for the extended CPO. Don't get me wrong. I'm still aiming for a V90 as they're seriously nice cars, BUT getting it with a CPO is pretty much non-negotiable for me. Especially since they're not compatible with my VIDA software, so as they stand, they're pretty much locked down like Fort Knox when it comes to wrenching on them.

Hoping the Chinese or some Eastern Europeans will get the software cracked sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by twomartinis View Post
    ^^ that's some audi wisdom right there
    Lol. Been there. Done that. Would do again, BUT gotta know what you're up against. Seems that after a certain point, all the plastic in the cabin turns to goo, and everything under the hood turns into dust. I got REALLY good at repairing wiring, split loom, and interior trim pieces. Hell. Even the freaking over-engineered GLOVEBOX hinges broke. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Why can't I have a V10 wagon? I want that.
    And here it is again ... #notsorry

Look at swedespeed.com, I am certain that topic is in there and the numbers of dealers that sell it discounted. I bought one for 6 years many years ago, but forget from who. In my case it was a waste of money as I never used it.

Did a search for you: If you do a search on here..many of us (including myself) have bought from Steingold Volvo....Michael Bernardo made it a very easy transaction and way less than what my dealer offered me (like $1500 lower) for the exact same genuine Volvo warranty.
    https://www.swedespeed.com/threads/e.../#post-7928916
    Thanks! Tons of great info on that site. I didn't realize that the CPO extension is not backed by Volvo but rather a 3rd party (Fidelity) but they have been around forever so low risk. Steingold does appear to be the best bet. Price for the 10yr/100k $100 deductible actually quite reasonable. No catalytic converter coverage is the biggest item on the exemption list.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

I dun messed up my keyboard again-
    thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never, ever gets old.

If you can watch that and not get absolutely fucking turned on, you don’t have a pulse.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Never, ever gets old.

If you can watch that and not get absolutely fucking turned on, you don’t have a pulse.
    Now I'm looking up R8 pricing again...

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Now I'm looking up R8 pricing again...
    Still pretty much 6 figures. I keep waiting as well. Same with the Nissan GT-R. Sometimes near $70k but if lower than that there is something not optimal

AMG E 63 S Wagon in the wild.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20230324_144506435-01.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	453817
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Looks like they found a cameraman who’s never seen a dyno fails video.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Not too bad actually. My brother has an S8 with that same V10 and it ends up that engine is pretty bulletproof overall. It's very well regarded AFAIK. As to the rest of the vehicle, it's no worse than any other Audi. Which admittedly is not saying a lot, BUT between his great indie German shop he goes to and doing the rest of the maintenance himself, his S8 hasn't cost him really all that much more over the years than the A4's he's owned. I think his biggest thing was an intake manifold, which wasn't cheap, but that's been about it aside from preventative maintenance like all the tensioners, pulleys, an expensive carbon cleaning service, and stuff at about 100K. He's gotta be up to around 150K by now easy and it's getting up there in years. Typical crappy German electronics and plastics will likely do the car in before the engine ever does, but so far so good. I'd buy one.
    Is that the same brother I met après-ski at the Gallatin River House stuffing a beef brisket in his face ? I had him pegged as a coal-rolling lifted F250 guy, not an Audi guy.

Different brother maybe ? I don’t know shit about your family beyond your wife & kids.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Is that the same brother I met après-ski at the Gallatin River House stuffing a beef brisket in his face ? I had him pegged as a coal-rolling lifted F250 guy, not an Audi guy.

Different brother maybe ? I don’t know shit about your family beyond your wife & kids.

LMAO. Not a coal roller at all. He may be a rough oil field worker, BUT he dailies a little A4. The S8 is his weekend cruiser. He used to have a Civic Del Sol. Much like me, he prefers smaller cars.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    No catalytic converter coverage is the biggest item on the exemption list.
    I found that out the hard way. Which is why my luxury SUV has had a Check Engine Light on the dash for the past 70k miles. Dealer said it would cost $4k to replace. Indy mechanic said it’s probably an O2 sensor and I should ignore it until there’s a notable performance drop.

However many are in a shit ton.

Once my cat shit the bed little pieces of like grey cement board looking material started coming out of it. I guess $2k was a bargain.