Page 65 of 290 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Any V70 R owners run into a loud vibration in the ass end when the wheels on one side are on slippery part of the road the other side with grip? Thinking I have a diff problem...

Could be your transfer case. I had a similar symptom. Does you car have traction control?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Could be your transfer case. I had a similar symptom. Does you car have traction control?
    Yeah it does, I'll turn it off and see if that changes anything.

Reason I asked is it means you have 4 wheel independent so one wheel binding can be in the transfer case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Any V70 R owners run into a loud vibration in the ass end when the wheels on one side are on slippery part of the road the other side with grip? Thinking I have a diff problem...
    Do you ever post on the R forum over at Swedespeed.com? Ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Anyone driving the Volkswagen Golf Alltrack? I'm intrigued, but wishing it had about 100hp more than the stock 170hp.
    Like frorider, yes, many of us. 6speed as well and loving it as we roll into 10,000mi in the first year. I've also jumped ship from the Outbacks of my past.

$999 gets you a VW-matched powertrain warranty and increases from 170 to 234hp and 199 to 273 lb/ft. Incredibly cheap performance - https://www.goaprplus.com/#golf

Yeah I’ll probably get the APR. for anyone interested they have an 87 octane version of the tune that’s very close.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Like frorider, yes, many of us. 6speed as well and loving it as we roll into 10,000mi in the first year. I've also jumped ship from the Outbacks of my past.

$999 gets you a VW-matched powertrain warranty and increases from 170 to 234hp and 199 to 273 lb/ft. Incredibly cheap performance - https://www.goaprplus.com/#golf
    Interesting. Did not know such a thing was possible. I guess with the warranty, it's relatively low risk ......... assuming they're not dicks about warranty claims. I wonder how the engine holds up over time and how the performance upgrade does with real world use. I don't really want it to go super fast when I'm alone in the car on my commute for the next 72k miles. I want it to keep charging uphill on 4-6hr drives when it's me, wife, dog, downhill bikes and a roof box loaded to the gills for a long weekend and it's 100F with the AC blasting. And I want it to keep doing that at 130k miles when I'm still making payments since we're doing 25-30k/year these days. In other words, I don't want an Outback Substitute.
    However many are in a shit ton.

I have 37K on our 17 Alltrack S w/DSG. As far as mileage, I am getting just over 30 combined in town and highway.
    Click. Point. Chute.

It is 2018 and people are still skeptical about aftermarket engine tunes. We've been using them since well before the iPhone came out and people trust those things with their lives. Software engineers own you, you don't even know how it works but you use it everyday religiously.

APR is an outfit I trust a bit more. Eg they’re upfront about the mpg hit if you drive it aggressively (duh).

The bump in torque is significant. I need to confirm that The Alltrack’s ‘GTI’ clutch can handle it.

From what I have read the DSG is good for more power but the stock clutch for the manual is the weak point when tuning. That said, for a stage 1 tune I think it's fine. It's worth looking into.

It is a Stage 1 tune. A glass clutch could handle it. You guys act like you are putting a 1100 hp setup in your basic ass commuters. VW keeps their cars detuned, they always have. We figured this out back in 2000 with the 1.8T.

Geez my snowmobile makes more power than the alltrak. Find some more power for that weak shit. Ecu flash should be done day one.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It is a Stage 1 tune. Find some more power for that weak shit. Ecu flash should be done day one.
    That is kind of my feeling about sub 250hp cars. I just can't stand it as I need the passing power. Luckily most every car has a turbo these days, so tuning up the hp is usually easy.
    And if your not doing launch controled burnouts, the stock clutch and awd diff will be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Ran up to Minnesota and picked up my six speed 3 pedal Alltrack today. The car has zero need for more power imo. Display read 32 + mpg when I arrived home. Fun car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice car! I've driven a manual 4 motion wagon and agree, it doesn't need more power.

I know for the regular Wagon you can increase the steering weight and throttle response with the OBDEleven/Vag-Com. Not sure if it is applicable to the Alltrack.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Ran up to Minnesota and picked up my six speed 3 pedal Alltrack today. The car has zero need for more power imo. Display read 32 + mpg when I arrived home. Fun car.
    You might feel differently if you regularly drove at altitude. My thought on adequate power changed when I moved from NY to CO.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    You might feel differently if you regularly drove at altitude. My thought on adequate power changed when I moved from NY to CO.
    Yeah I get it. It is really a personal preference thing also. My old Subaru has plenty of power too, for me, everywhere I have taken it. Definitely nowhere near as fast as this thing.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-10-2018 at 06:22 PM.

I drive above 6000' 95% of my life.
    My experience is that most people don't necessarily need more power, just bigger balls.
    And genuine driving skills.

Shittons of sporty power rigs in JH. Fucktard drivers won't get the lead out for nothing...until you go to pass them. Then they get all whacked.

I float between being extra polite and IDGAF about you. Roughly40/60.

I'll put my stock '12 tdi against almost anything. Obviously not a killer. But I am.

My 2 cents in the changeforanickelzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

I'll put my stock '12 tdi against almost anything. Obviously not a killer. But I am.

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    That's fairly irrelevant for turbo motors, right?

I recently had to sell my Gen2 Xterra with the 6sp MT. Yeah, not a wagon, but it was fun as shit to drive and God I miss it. Like a burly jacked up version of my old WRX. Need to convince the Mrs. that her Rogue needs to go in favor of a MT wagon. Of course, the used market here for AWD MT wagons under $10k is nothing but Subarus and the occasional Audi that is probably being sold because it's a money pit.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yeah I get it. It is really a personal preference thing also. My old Subaru has plenty of power too, for me, everywhere I have taken it. Definitely nowhere near as fast as this thing.
    That’s definitely encouraging, and insightful. But there’s a difference in the power you feel riding solo and thinking your new-ish rig feels sporty versus 6-7 years and 120k miles down the road when you’re driving it loaded down with shit on top and off the back and a Winnebago just passed you on Vail Pass. ..... and you’re worried about pushing it too hard because of head gaskets and CVT tranny failure and rattles or whatever the fuck. Get back to me then and let me know if it has plenty of power.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

That’s definitely encouraging, and insightful. But there’s a difference in the power you feel riding solo and thinking your new-ish rig feels sporty versus 6-7 years and 120k miles down the road when you’re driving it loaded down with shit on top and off the back and a Winnebago just passed you on Vail Pass. ..... and you’re worried about pushing it too hard because of head gaskets and CVT tranny failure and rattles or whatever the fuck. Get back to me then and let me know if it has plenty of power.

Huh? I don't know how to respond to bullshit questions like this. I'm not here to tell you how much hp you need. I have owned my 02 MT5 2.5na Outback since it was new...230000 miles of loading that thing to the gills and hauling ass down interstates and up mountain passes. Always enough power for ME. My opinion. You can have your opinion and we can both be correct.

And I never worry about flogging the shit out of my cars or blowing the head gaskets since I installed them myself and I trust my work. Maybe that is why that Subie is still running great. Took it to Wyoming this summer with four people and a dog and a trunk full if backpacks and a cooler and set the cruise at 85 mph and passed a bunch of cars with a lot more power than I had...I wonder if they felt underpowered when they saw me go passed turning 4k rpm in a midwest shitbox with rust holes in the rear quarters. Figured the worst thing that could happen is it blew up and we rent a van to get home. Now stepsons pride and joy.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 10-12-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Wagon Stoke

buy based on that log curve bro.

100% Truth. I spent the last decade "rocketing' my subarus (2.2, 3.0 and 2.5i - all bought with ~120k) up passes and heavily laden across the interstates at high speed. Sure, they feel like they "do the trick," but in reality, they're struggling and you're always crossing your fingers that it just keeps going. The 3.0 was decent, but unresponsive and lacking with the tranny and other gremlins.

Now I've got the Alltrack and while over the first month I felt like the thing was a sports car and had plenty of power, my sentiment soon faded. Today we crossed the 10,000mi mark and a years worth of loaded-up camping/biking trips and high mountain passes have made me really want the extra grunt of the APR tune and the matching satisfaction of Allroad power at a $1000 increase.