Page 182 of 290 FirstFirst ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

You guys ranted about seatbelts, rear backup cameras and blind spot warning when they came out too, didn’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    hey old man, there's a button on the dash eh?
    That isn't good enough for the control freaks. They want Ford to program it so it is always defeated. Then they get double pissed when even with FordScan it can't be done. Meanwhile on my overcomplicated Audi I can...lol

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    You guys ranted about seatbelts, rear backup cameras and blind spot warning when they came out too, didn’t you?
    Actually, no
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    No, but I’m pretty stoked about full-auto window control, and rear windows that roll all the way down. Now if they could just incorporate the shoulder-strap in the seatbelt, with some sort of retractible stowage thingy…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I really dislike stop-start too. #oldmanrant

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That isn't good enough for the control freaks. They want Ford to program it so it is always defeated. Then they get double pissed when even with FordScan it can't be done. Meanwhile on my overcomplicated Audi I can...lol
    I actually wish VW had included it in the MT Alltrack. It would be so nice to put the trans in neutral and release the clutch to cut the engine, push the clutch back in, and off you go. But can you imagine the response from the MT "in control" crowd? It would have been worse than the auto wipers that I've had on ever VW since a 2000 Gti.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I really dislike stop-start too. #oldmanrant
    Luckily it stopped working on my Grand Cherokee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I actually wish VW had included it in the MT Alltrack. It would be so nice to put the trans in neutral and release the clutch to cut the engine, push the clutch back in, and off you go. But can you imagine the response from the MT "in control" crowd?
    Sounds good in theory. However, in practice, will it be as fast as just plopping down your right foot and releasing the clutch? There could be some cars out there that pull it off well, but in everything I've driven with it, the delay is pretty annoying. ESPECIALLY with cars with CVTs. Kinda felt like bad turbo lag in an 80s car. "Nothing nothing nothing OFF WE GO!"

ASS sucks ass

The one car I own with it has a disable switch, thankfully

I hate it so much, I’m annoyed when I hear the car next to me doing it. Stupid CAFE mpg rules, makes it infinitesimally better. If you don’t count wear and tear.
    . . .

I actually wish VW had included it in the MT Alltrack. It would be so nice to put the trans in neutral and release the clutch to cut the engine, push the clutch back in, and off you go. But can you imagine the response from the MT "in control" crowd? It would have been worse than the auto wipers that I've had on ever VW since a 2000 Gti.
    I've had that on rental cars in Europe, it was a bit strange to get used to for a couple lights then it was straightforward and just worked.

Slightly related, my '15 grand cherokee (admittedly not a wagon) has "parking assist" with a button to turn it off. I've had it off since day 1 and never regretted it. I know how to look behind me and park. Fuck the electronic "help".

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I hate it so much, I’m annoyed when I hear the car next to me doing it.
    somehow, this makes the idea even more satisfying. it really is a shame they didn't include it.

ASS sucks ass

I hate it so much, I’m annoyed when I hear the car next to me doing it. Stupid CAFE mpg rules, makes it infinitesimally better. If you don’t count wear and tear.
    Better is good. It’s one of those macro things. Isn’t really about or for you.

But I guess I wouldn’t expect you to get that.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    I've had that on rental cars in Europe, it was a bit strange to get used to for a couple lights then it was straightforward and just worked.
    With the torquey diesel manual van I'd say it was even satisfying. Absolutely no hesitation starting from a light. I think it starts once you depress the clutch now that ai think about it. Stops if you idle in neutral at the light. So user controlled start stop more or less.Too bad we can't buy oil sipping vans with manuals here. I mean I know the why. It is just too bad.

Van in Sagres Portugal during our surf segment.

I got to weave that beast through the heart of Lisbon during rush hour. Like a boss.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

ASS sucks ass

Yeah, I’d have thought the extra wear and tear would make it a non-starter, but my leaving it idling in the d-way way too long not without its downsides either.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

I wasn't sure where to put this but knew it had to be shared

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agour8o4cgr51.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	388060

That Volvo has a dent in it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That Volvo has a dent in it.
    Another dent here and another dent here
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Another dent here and another dent here
    Fascinating.

Hi^5 on picking up the reference
    I still call it The Jake.

Wagon Stoke

The 2004 E500 wagon gonna roll 180k this week. It got 22mpg driving from sac to bay. Original spark plugs, water pump, alternator, and coolant. I got rear ended again yesterday but just a minor nick so I let it slide. The new Airmatic pump made a big difference in ride height and ride quality. It’s considerably firmer and more stable tracking. I sprayed the entire car with iron and contaminant remover because it sits out and what a difference. The wheels especially look better. I also machine polished the water spots off the glass. Hand scrub didn’t work at all. Great car. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633544948.945902.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	388073

I like the rain sensing wipers but they are inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That Vulvo has a dent in it.
    fixed it for you.

I looked at an 09 a4 wagon the other day. Looked great, dark gray, tints, low miles...

never seen so many engine codes in my life, coolant was 4" down, oil had never been changed, etc. Even the awesome double length sunroof was broken.

Pass.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

run away! run fast!

4matic, you telling me those are the original engine mounts in that car? and they still are in one piece?

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    The 2004 E500 wagon gonna roll 180k this week. It got 22mpg driving from sac to bay. Original spark plugs, water pump, alternator, and coolant. I got rear ended again yesterday but just a minor nick so I let it slide. The new Airmatic pump made a big difference in ride height and ride quality. It’s considerably firmer and more stable tracking. I sprayed the entire car with iron and contaminant remover because it sits out and what a difference. The wheels especially look better. I also machine polished the water spots off the glass. Hand scrub didn’t work at all. Great car. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633544948.945902.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	388073

I like the rain sensing wipers but they are inconsistent.
    Total thread drift here... tell me about this machine polishing for water spots on glass.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    run away! run fast!

4matic, you telling me those are the original engine mounts in that car? and they still are in one piece?
    I did replace those proactively but it didn’t make a big difference. A little less vibration at idle. It was only a $300 repair.

The only major cost repairs have been replacing the headlamps and the air struts.