Page 104 of 290 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wonder if they're taking allroads. Getting mine stolen would probably work out better for me in the long run.
    We can park it at my buddy's house. It may actually be gone in 60 seconds if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    We can park it at my buddy's house. It may actually be gone in 60 seconds if so.
    dibs.

(our 2003 is finally failing with flooding and the autolock going nuts at 145k...)
    the 1999 a4 2.8 avant is still going strong at 201k, though
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I wonder if they're taking allroads. Getting mine stolen would probably work out better for me in the long run.
    Another buddy’s older allroad confirmed stolen now. As someone said in the comments of this blog post (https://westseattleblog.com/2019/12/...bing-followup/), the older Audi’s may be targeted due to the older alarm systems.

Wonder who took the mail truck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Another buddy’s older allroad confirmed stolen now. As someone said in the comments of this blog post (https://westseattleblog.com/2019/12/...bing-followup/), the older Audi’s may be targeted due to the older alarm systems.

Wonder who took the mail truck.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Interesting comments.

Poor Lorne Dyke and his S4Avant.

And his name.
    I still call it The Jake.

Stumbled upon a rich old guys lunch event today.
    2 mclarens
    2 lambos
    1 Porsche (the only real transmission)
    1 Ferrari with purple rims?
    1 Audi RS

But the guy in the AMG Benz wagon was hilarious. Had a lambo in his garage but enjoyed road tripping in his 603 HP station wagon.

That would be a badass ski wagon.
    . . .

Wagon Stoke

Hot hatch count?

It’s no Avant but sure is fun to me! With a new airbox and ECU flash it’s making STI power with much better low-end punch. About 305 horses or so they tell me. Got the ski box on and some V rated snow tires, bring on the storms!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0235.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	799.2 KB 
ID:	308277Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0233.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	887.5 KB 
ID:	308278Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0232.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	877.1 KB 
ID:	308279
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Not sure whether wagon stoke is the correct phrase for this, but I am renting a M-B C180 combi wagon. I swear this thing has two squirrels on a treadmill for an engine
    However, still not bad for €30 per day
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

What is the insurance rate on that WRX? I've heard it is abnormally high.

Wagon Stoke

I was concerned about that too until I got the quote before I pulled the trigger. I was shocked at how cheap it is for me. For the record though, I have a spotless driving record and get other discounts like low mileage since I split my driving with another vehicle.

That would sway me as well. That model was my favorite WRX outside of the bug eye wagon. Fat and fast

Would love the new A6 anything, but the retirement budget says used Volvo XC70
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Would love the new A6 anything, but the retirement budget says used Volvo XC70
    Don't be too down, 300hp and 300 torque were loads of fun for me when we had our T6 XC70. That thing has more room than most modern wagons too by a lot.

That said, I think I like the new A6 Allroad even more than the RS6 Avant. Probably just me being "practical" but it looks just as sporty and I'd probably use it more as a kid/dog hauler/adventure wagon than sportscar anyway.

two local Audi dealers have A6 Allroads inbound.
    MSRP is over $70k?!? Ouch, so much for that.

(still daily drives an '05 2.7 Allroad)

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    two local Audi dealers have A6 Allroads inbound.
    MSRP is over $70k?!? Ouch, so much for that.
    Right? Then there are taxes and extended warranty fees. You're pushing $80k. It just isn't happening. I will buy one CPO in 2024.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That would sway me as well. That model was my favorite WRX outside of the bug eye wagon. Fat and fast
    I share your opinion, also have a white 2002 bug eye hatch, hahaha. Still a great car but it’s rusting out now. Of course the newer one (mine’s a ‘12) is in another category performance wise. Just looked and the insurance premium on the new one is $1100/year. Love my agents!

Name:	IMG_1841.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	734.5 KB 
ID:	308387

The gf just picked up a 15 allroad. Trying to talk her into going with a APR tune. Fun little thing for sure! I was a little surprised on the tightness on the inside though.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Hot hatch count?
    My best friend has the same car, but STI and a variable tune (stupid fast to go to jail fast). Super fun.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Clean but no turbo and no manual = no fun

2007: Right in the head gasket failure sweet spot.

I really wanted to like the C6 allroad but in reality it's a boat with no options to get better suspension. The 2.7 is brutally inefficient and not that fast. Maybe it would have been a decent car with a diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Definitely the best looking Legacy generation. Unfortunately ‘05 was the only year for the GT 2.5 turbo in a manual. A friend got one new and I was very jealous with my ‘98 Legacy. Awesome car but yes, prone to head gasket failure and they DC’d the manual the next year, sigh.

The pictured example is pretty gutless but the 2.2 didn’t have the head gasket issues the 2.5 did. Auto trans though. :nono: Almost undriveable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    My best friend has the same car, but STI and a variable tune (stupid fast to go to jail fast). Super fun.
    I have Cobb access port tuner. Pretty nifty unit, can download and flash any tune I want to the ECU in five minutes. Also monitors up to six additional engine parameters of your choice in real time, does data logging, code reading and reset, tons of stuff. I guess you can even change the tune in real time on the dyno if you’ve got the know how. I don’t but it’s Interesting stuff for sure. They say +10% hp with just a reflash, 15% with intake, 25% with a full turbo-back exhaust and up-pipe. That gets you up around 330 hp. We’ll see if I go that far. Prolly have to start a new motor fund if so lol.

I will say with just the reflash and intake it’s very noticeable, especially in the low end. Much more power from 2k up now and rarely feel the need to take it over 4.

Quote Originally Posted by beaterdit View Post
    Definitely the best looking Legacy generation. Unfortunately ‘05 was the only year for the GT 2.5 turbo in a manual. A friend got one new and I was very jealous with my ‘98 Legacy. Awesome car but yes, prone to head gasket failure and they DC’d the manual the next year, sigh.

The pictured example is pretty gutless but the 2.2 didn’t have the head gasket issues the 2.5 did. Auto trans though. :nono: Almost undriveable.
    Linked car is the 2.5 normally aspirated (EJ253) and they did have the head gasket issue. When they blow they are replaced with MLS gaskets and tend to lifetime without blowing again.

The 2.5 Turbo (EJ255) your friend had came with the MLS turbo gaskets (the exact ones they retrofit on the EJ253 to fix the issue) which more or less solved the HG problem but the Turbo engines liked to burn valves or crack pistons eventually and the 255 is much more scarce/expensive to source replacements. That was a sweet combo though with the manual.

If I wanted a car to drive and not something to tune and work on all the time I would buy a NA 2005 Outback but I would avoid the Turbo. YMMV.

Cross post from my other thread for those that didn't click. 73 VW 412 Wagon. Rear 1.7L air cooled engine that sat under the trunk floor and rear wheel drive. Aux gas heater which could run with engine off. Front trunk. Not a big seller for VW so they were pretty rare. My dad loved the car but like in today's world it was only available in the automatic (the sedan version had a manual available). The auto was garbage and VW acted like assholes as always so after paying $500 twice to fix it out of warranty which was real money in 1975 (and VW fixed it once in warranty) he traded it for a Fox chassis Ford Zephyr Wagon with a 2.3 4 speed manual (special order only). Anyway I think the lines on the 412 were pretty stunning and modern looking for 1973. No useless sloped rear window. If only he'd manual swapped it...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_4

Name:	20191228-IMG_1857.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	308552

Name:	20191228-IMG_1853.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	308550
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-31-2019 at 07:39 PM.