Page 74 of 290 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Speaking of BMW, the 3 series wagon is officially dead. Kinda sad, I searched high and low for a 2012 stick shift 328i wagon several years ago but never found once that I didn't have to take an airplane to purchase.
    I've been looking for an MT, AWD, LCI E91 off and on for a while. They're certainly rare but they're out there, although I agree they seem to be going quicker (and costing more) now. A 2012 specifically might be harder though - I'm not 100% sure but I don't think 2012 was a full production year before they switched over to the F30.

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    The F30 without a manual might as well have been dead. There is a 2006 e91 MT in my driveway it is a very nice car but could really use the turbo engine to be a bit quicker and isn't as sharp as an e46. If you can live with the smaller package a Golf R seems like the best MT hatchback option these days.
    Have you looked at doing the 3 stage intake manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by nfaust View Post
    I've been looking for an MT, AWD, LCI E91 off and on for a while. They're certainly rare but they're out there, although I agree they seem to be going quicker (and costing more) now. A 2012 specifically might be harder though - I'm not 100% sure but I don't think 2012 was a full production year before they switched over to the F30.

Have you looked at doing the 3 stage intake manifold?
    Yes, it give some extra power up high if you find someone to tune it on a dyno, just swapping the parts doesn't do much. If I was going to throw money at the car I would find a s55 motor out of a wrecked 335 and swap it but I don't that much cash to burn.

Up high is good for drag racing, not real world driving. Found the same with motorcycles. Give me torque...

Yes, it give some extra power up high if you find someone to tune it on a dyno, just swapping the parts doesn't do much.
    You certainly need the tune but you don't necessarily need the dyno work - just a matter of how far you want to take it. Personally getting back up to a stock 330 power/torque levels would be fine for a daily for me.

If I was going to throw money at the car I would find a s55 motor out of a wrecked 335 and swap it but I don't that much cash to burn.
    I assume you mean a N55 (S55 is in the new M2, M3 and M4), but one of these is not like the other...you can do the manifold and tune in a weekend for far shorter money and time then an engine swap and the associated maintenance of the N55.
    Last edited by nfaust; 12-11-2018 at 03:56 PM.

The allroad I purchased a couple months ago is hard up at the shop. Fingers crossed it comes out of it for not a lot, but having no wheels I walked across the street to the Buick dealership on my lunch break to test drive a TourX.

Nice car. Looks, feels, and IS quite a bit bigger than the allroad, but not in the way that a truck or big sedan feels more capable.... more like unwieldly. Peppy enough, though. And easy to drive on the freeway.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I have off-roaded a subaru a bunch, with a stick, and as you could guess it's really limited because you can't crawl up stuff, you just spin instead. So you have to hit stuff with a bit of speed to get going on steep pitches, which can be sketchy as hell. Those AT tires probably help a bunch in those loose, steep scenarios, but ya, it'll never be geared like a truck. Gas milage on that thing is probably like any SUV and truck so: TLDR: BasinBeater is right!
    He is right absolutely. That added height helped me tackle some uphill stuff with confidence at speed though. Made up a little bit for the uselessness of a stick shift with no low range off road.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Name:  IMG_1417.JPG
Views: 813
Size:  99.3 KB

Nice

Its giving me ideas. Apparently, Yakima makes a rail system that will sit flush and fit as a perfect replacement to the plastic factory Subaru system. The headliner has to come out to get the factory rails off. But......

I'm seeing more and more of the Buick wagons on the road now. I wonder if it's because the prices are bargain basement great... It's a good looking car and for the price it sure is well speced. I just worry about buying a car built by a company that has just changed ownership and may not be supported as well as necessary in 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I'm seeing more and more of the Buick wagons on the road now. I wonder if it's because the prices are bargain basement great... It's a good looking car and for the price it sure is well speced. I just worry about buying a car built by a company that has just changed ownership and may not be supported as well as necessary in 3-5 years.
    Went to do a quick Autotrader search for Buick wagons, priced low to high. While I came across a gazillion smoking good deals on new models, THIS fine specimen showed up first in the results. At $500, this thing's just begging for an LS swap. Toss in a Tremec T56 to go with it, and I'd be golden.
    https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=502392040

Going the totally wrong way from my proposed ancient Prius plug-in conversion I want to tool around with next time, but man a beater Roadmaster could be a LOT of fun for a silly project car. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So the Buick wagon is a rebadged Opel, correct? Are the US ones made in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Are the US ones made in Germany?
    That is my understanding. I would not be afraid of buying one, but the start/stop function with no delete feature along with an AT is a serious issue for me. Two things I hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That is my understanding. I would not be afraid of buying one, but the start/stop function with no delete feature along with an AT is a serious issue for me. Two things I hate.
    I'd even be okay with a DSG but AT in a turbo wagon is a tough sell. And yes, auto start/stop is the worst feature to catch on in the car industry in years. I'd still consider one for my wife when her Alltrack lease is up next fall.

Wagon Stoke

I drove a GLK with eco start stop and I thought it was seamless.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I drove a GLK with eco start stop and I thought it was seamless.
    I’d say the same about the start/stop system in the B9 Allroad/A4. Engine fires up before you can move your foot from pedal to pedal. That said, I’ll drive in “s” mode or toggle the feature off for certain situations

I finally took the Alltrack in for rear window tinting at 5%. For the love of god I cannot stand driving around in a fishbowl. Should be a standard feature on every wagon sold.

Titified...errr... tintified.

Almost 5k already. The little wagon is starting to grow on me and I am a little less uneasy with the VW moniker with everything running perfectly. Getting an easy 26.5 mixed with that massive box.

This picture sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I finally took the Alltrack in for rear window tinting at 5%. For the love of god I cannot stand driving around in a fishbowl. Should be a standard feature on every wagon sold.

Almost 5k already. The little wagon is starting to grow on me and I am a little less uneasy with the VW moniker with everything running perfectly. Getting an easy 26.5 mixed with that massive box.

This picture sucks.

Sweet wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^Thanks Cono. I'll put a cleaner photo up sometime to do the rig proper justice.

Spotted in the wilds of Iowa on jr race league day with Wisco plates. Looked good. Not sure I like the rear view irl and I hate short boxes on wagons but the Tour X itself looks really nice from this angle.

0q

It is a good looking car except for the excessively sloped rear roof line and small rear side windows
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Wagon Stoke

FS: 2008 Subaru Outback XT Limited manual 73k miles
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=325179

It is a good looking car except for the excessively sloped rear roof line and small rear side windows
    and no ground clearance

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    and no ground clearance
    I would line up to buy this car in a heart beat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	264428

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

This picture sucks.

The wife replaced her totalled GTI with an AllTrack. That wagon is radical caked. I'm a big fan of it and all the features. Terrific deal. I even have her convinced to get an ECU flash and a lift

I would line up to buy this car in a heart beat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	111.3 KB 
ID:	264428
    That makes my pants tight. 10/10 would bang.