Page 219 of 290 FirstFirst ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,475 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

No better bark than that 20vt!

Oh this might be cool....well how about nope...

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/c...626331321.html

Am I missing something? What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Am I missing something? What's wrong with it?
    It identifies as a sedan?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

You guys made me go back and look at it again. Barf.

Oh, hah, I never made it to the interior pics. Yes, that's hideous.

Those Volvo v90 wagons are beautiful inside and out but the 4-cyl has a rough/primitive feel to it. At least the one we test drove. A car like this needs a straight six. Seems like a lot of car for $36K though.

Would love for this to go to an enthusiast and stay in contact!
    Kinda sounds like your boner is what the seller is angling for

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    That's a great price. Should sell fast.

Quote Originally Posted by utagonian View Post
    Those Volvo v90 wagons are beautiful inside and out but the 4-cyl has a rough/primitive feel to it. At least the one we test drove. A car like this needs a straight six. Seems like a lot of car for $36K though.
    I've been wondering about that. My XC70 may be slow as balls with it's 3.2 straight 6, BUT it's smooth as silk and still runs great. I've inspected the V90s at the dealer but haven't bothered them for a test drive. My biggest disappointment with it was just how much room they shaved off the cargo area versus my '08 Volvo. I brought a tape measure and logged it. Also measured the V60 which kind of ruled it out for me. Backseat room of the 90 is ample though and the cabin is among the best, but not sure my very tall standard poodle would be stoked about having so much less space. That's what started me down the path of looking at the Mercedes wagons. They have old school wagon space compared to the newer Volvos. One of the last bastions of rear facing benches too!!!

But still. That V90 is one sexy looking ride. If that one was in my area, I could be tempted to check it out. Especially after looking at the '22 model the dealer wanted almost double that price and not even as option'd out.

But the looks of Merc wagons is barf Austin. The 4 banger of the V90 just doesn't work for me. After going to the dark side with the Cayenne S purchase, now I want the Turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    But the looks of Merc wagons is barf Austin. The 4 banger of the V90 just doesn't work for me. After going to the dark side with the Cayenne S purchase, now I want the Turbo.
    What? I mean, beauty's in the eye of the behold and all, but the Mercedes wagons aren't THAT bad IMO. Sure, it is NO V70R and the V90 wins the beauty contest hands down, but the Merc still has 3rd row seating (seating 7 in all) as of 2023. Last in its class if I'm not mistaken. Don't get me wrong, though. The Cayenne's a great vehicle so I won't talk trash. I'm just still partial to wagons.

crowdsourcing - looking for a [used] wagon as my A6 needs to be put out to pasture...

found a single owner allroad (premium+ pkg) that fits the bill; but here's my question: dealer also has a merc E350 wagon (sport pkg) that's a year newer for a few grand more. jump seats in the back are interesting - if you are 10 years old...

don't know much about merc beyond my father in law's GLS450 suv, which is nice but not my cup 'o tea. how do mercs compare on maintenance, gremlins and annoyances? I'm used to the over engineered crap with audi fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by twomartinis View Post
    crowdsourcing - looking for a [used] wagon as my A6 needs to be put out to pasture...

found a single owner allroad (premium+ pkg) that fits the bill; but here's my question: dealer also has a merc E350 wagon (sport pkg) that's a year newer for a few grand more. jump seats in the back are interesting - if you are 10 years old...

don't know much about merc beyond my father in law's GLS450 suv, which is nice but not my cup 'o tea. how do mercs compare on maintenance, gremlins and annoyances? I'm used to the over engineered crap with audi fwiw.
    From a couple pages ago in this thread when I had a similar question...

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    My pops is on his 3rd non-AMG E wagon. He's owned plenty of fancy German cars over the years but often goes back to the E wagon. I don't think he's ever had any significant electronic or mechanical issue with any of them. The factory recommended maintenance is pricey on par with Euro luxury cars. His current E450 isn't an AMG but 362 hp is no slouch, especially with the near instant shifting auto transmission. I've driven it a bunch it is gold standard for a solid, quiet, fast German car. It's a damn near perfect daily driver.
    There were some other comments you should browse through, but seems the general consensus is that MB is still pretty solid. I'm heavily considering them now as opposed to my tried and true Volvos. ESPECIALLY when the interior's got all the pimped out options, they're pretty nice.

And don't discount the rear bench! When set up, you get some great depth for cargo! And when folded flat down, the cargo space is class leading by a mile compared to other wagons currently on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    seems the general consensus is that MB is still pretty solid. I'm heavily considering them now as opposed to my tried and true Volvos. ESPECIALLY when the interior's got all the pimped out options, they're pretty nice.

And don't discount the rear bench! When set up, you get some great depth for cargo! And when folded flat down, the cargo space is class leading by a mile compared to other wagons currently on the market.
    Thanks. I do love the zero lip on the trunk - slide shit right in like our xc90, knuckle-dusting optional versus mandatory! And it's long so should be great for lumber, conduit and the like... but honestly I could squeeze 10 foot pipes in my old A3 with a bit of fiddling and padding!

Not crazy about the AMG wheels on the sport package though, I do venture off the pavement for hiking, skiing and whatnot. I guess I could get winter beaters or trade them.

I'll go give both a test drive

Wagon Stoke

Study up on Mercedes option packages and run a vin search to be sure what you’re getting.

If I were in the market… This one has every option. Probably close to $100k sticker

https://www.liusedcars.com/for-sale/...port-pkg-93573

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If I were in the market… This one has every option. Probably close to $100k sticker

that one probably a bit too bougie for our family. it'll be taken backroads for skiing, biking , hiking and such

I am looking for something more like this (but w/o the street wheels):
    https://aglautony.com/vdp/18098033/U...atham-NY-12047

Flashy color combo

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Flashy color combo
    Yeah, I like the red. The designo interior is a bit much but id get used to that too

Yeah, I like the red. The designo interior is a bit much but id get used to that too
    I like it too.

One of the best things about driving a wagon is flying under the radar. Not happening in that rig.

First pick would be navy over chocolate. But that’s almost always my first color choice. Seems like a reasonable price on the red one.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    One of the best things about driving a wagon is flying under the radar. Not happening in that rig.

^^^this

I like boring/classy black or silver FTW

Been lurking this thread for years. Thing 2 (in my profile pic) turned 16 in May and inherited my 4runner, so I had an excuse to pick up a '22 navarra blue A4 allroad with 5k miles. Really fun little car! Appreciate all the wagon inspiration everyone provides here.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoova View Post
    Been lurking this thread for years. Thing 2 (in my profile pic) turned 16 in May and inherited my 4runner, so I had an excuse to pick up a '22 navarra blue A4 allroad with 5k miles. Really fun little car! Appreciate all the wagon inspiration everyone provides here.
    Sweet, enjoy! Punchy wagon for sure.

All other enthusiasts, interesting sled for sale here:

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/rkn...6-r-design-awd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7368.jpeg 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	462689
    I still call it The Jake.