Page 98 of 288 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Damn, that sucks. The recall should be straightforward since it's just a switch in the gear selector. Sucks about the wheel bearing, at least it should be covered by the warranty.
    Yeah its all under warranty but bringing the damn thing back to the dealer once a month is getting old. There are fewer things I hate more than visiting car dealerships for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    The thing with the Tour X is to my knowledge you can not turn off the start stop function and I fucking hate that.
    AGREED! Thankfully some genius has come up with this little baby to address that. I'm hearing good things: https://www.smartstopstart.com/chevy...-products.html

Seeing as it was a short run car and Opel doesn't have any representation here in the US how hard is it going to be to get parts in 5 years? Maybe with the FCA merger with that group we'll see more Opels and Peugeots here but will the parts from the GM era cars be available. Other than that if I was in the market for a new car that TourX would be at the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I’d really like to hear some first hand beta on that TourX. Sure it won’t drive like an Audi but if all you’re looking for is a good looking wagon with what appears to be plenty of luxury touches, space and power, the prices are so low you’d have to consider it.
    I don’t have much beta.... I test drove one, though.

It’s nice, but the handling compared to the allroad was markedly worse. Before the allroad I had a lacrosse (really liked that car, by the way), and while it was no sports car, the trade off was comfort. I’m not sure what the trade off is in the tourx.

Even so, still on the list. Handling and those terrible looking rims notwithstanding.
    focus.

Burnouts in your wagon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VTeton View Post
    Burnouts in your wagon

I just saw a purple one on jalopnik tonight aparently its fairly easy to swap the front clip onto the Magnum...

Name:  dbshwdxtdbpp7ld236kj.png
Views: 369
Size:  622.6 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2383.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	301449
    Still the favorite car I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

$42k was pretty big money for a car 28 years ago.

5cyl turbo. I lusted over that in college. Always scared of German reliability. Outside of a subie and a lexus. All american cars for me.

Wagon Stoke

How high on your priority list would it be that your, new used wagon purchase, at least have an aux in for audio?

That would be nice, but I use one of the radio transmitters now to listen to music in the car and it works pretty well, so not the end of the world for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Labcabin View Post
    How high on your priority list would it be that your, new used wagon purchase, at least have an aux in for audio?
    this is essentially the main reason I have for getting a new car.
    Love my '07 volvo xc70. only has 100k miles on it but the '07 radio set up bothers me #superfirstworldproblems

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    That would be nice, but I use one of the radio transmitters now to listen to music in the car and it works pretty well, so not the end of the world for me.
    which transmitter do you use? I've yet to find one that isn't tinny sounding or that you don't have to have the volume up to 11 to sound decent
    skid luxury

There are lots of aftermarket car stereos with aux in, Bluetooth for phone or audio streaming, and USB connections. So unless your used car has an unreplaceable head unit...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    There are lots of aftermarket car stereos with aux in, Bluetooth for phone or audio streaming, and USB connections. So unless your used car has an unreplaceable head unit...
    I'd suggest doing a google search and youtube on what open inputs are on the back of the factory head unit. You'll be surprised at what you find.

I've got an old car that the factory head unit has an open "aux" port on the back of it (some models used this for the cd changer) and some enterprising Germans made a lightning cord that snaps right into the back of it. Some other enterprising Americans made a magnet phone mount that looks factory. Between the two I've now got crystal clear audio and phone charging along with GPS cleanly mounted through my iphone without losing a single bit of the factory look.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'd suggest doing a google search and youtube on what open inputs are on the back of the factory head unit. You'll be surprised at what you find.
    b-bear, I did a quick search and found this:

https://gromaudio.com/store/bt3_adap...nterface_.html

Basically plug and play into your stock headunit.

I did a similar thing with my Highlander, adding an aux-in into the CD changer port and using a bluetooth transmitter.

American, RWD, and Auto, but it still fits the title. I'd love to find an old two door wagon and do a refurb like this.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

I dream of a 4wd 1956 Nomad

Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

2 door wagons you say?

$1458 2008 Saab 9-5 wagon. 160K miles on her.
    new sway bar links
    new tires
    new water pump
    new serpentine belt

getting her ready for her first longish trip in a long time. NY to VA for Turkey day. Then a day trip to DC.

Ill keep her going for a bit longer...her engine is strong.

I've got an old car that the factory head unit has an open "aux" port on the back of it (some models used this for the cd changer) and some enterprising Germans made a lightning cord that snaps right into the back of it. Some other enterprising Americans made a magnet phone mount that looks factory. Between the two I've now got crystal clear audio and phone charging along with GPS cleanly mounted through my iphone without losing a single bit of the factory look.
    Now that's fucking interesting, man. I kinda doubt the stock head unit in my early aughts F150 has one back there, but this is worth investigating. I could not be a cheap fuck and just buy an aftermarket unit for $150, but what's the fun in that?

Got links to the other aftermarket bits you mentioned?

listen people. you’re ruining my excuse to get that new wagon I’ve really been wanting
    skid luxury

IMHO if it's an easily replaceable OEM head unit that is just a single or double DIN size, you are doing yourself a disservice by keeping the OEM unit instead of going aftermarket. OEM stereos that are basic (no external factory amp, something simple like a 4 or 6 speaker setup) typically don't have much power - even the simplest $99 aftermarket stereo will produce better sound.

If you have something with a weird factory dash that doesn't easily accept a single or double DIN (such as built in GPS), that's a different matter and may be worthwhile to figure out how to keep the stock setup.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    $1458 2008 Saab 9-5 wagon. 160K miles on her.
    new sway bar links
    new tires
    new water pump
    new serpentine belt

getting her ready for her first longish trip in a long time. NY to VA for Turkey day. Then a day trip to DC.

Ill keep her going for a bit longer...her engine is strong.
    Keep the faith man. Any problems finding parts these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Now that's fucking interesting, man. I kinda doubt the stock head unit in my early aughts F150 has one back there, but this is worth investigating. I could not be a cheap fuck and just buy an aftermarket unit for $150, but what's the fun in that?

Got links to the other aftermarket bits you mentioned?
    You bet. I too thought about just replacing the head unit with any number of more technologically advanced options but it's a car that I am going to keep forever and my goal is to keep it looking totally factory, and besides the stereo sounds great as is.

About a day's worth of poking around led me to find out about the open "aux" port on back for the cd charger and then a forum post pointed me to this product that just clips right in to the back:

https://www.discountcarstereo.com/il-bkr.html

Now I can charge my iPhone and play Spotify/streaming radio/whatever and Google Maps/WAZE through my stereo no problem.

Looks like they have similar options for tons of different car models.

I just needed to find a clean solution to mount it and came upon this product from another forum post:

https://www.torqued.io/rennline-exac...yABEgKWS_D_BwE

Uses a magnet and the small metal plate that's already between my iPhone and case that I use with magnet mounts in my other cars except this one slickly bolts right into the console behind the trim panel so it doesn't get in the way of shifts or move around like one of those vent-mounted products.

All in all a good way to add some modern touches to a car that's coming up on 20 years old that will allow me to enjoy it for many more years.

Name:  IMG_5030.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  80.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_5062.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  133.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    listen people. you’re ruining my excuse to get that new wagon I’ve really been wanting
    My bad BB! Please disregard anything I've said above. Go get that new V90XC!

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    which transmitter do you use? I've yet to find one that isn't tinny sounding or that you don't have to have the volume up to 11 to sound decent
    This works pretty good. The reviews on Amazon were good. I do have to crank up the volume.

Name:  car.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  22.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.