Page 178 of 287 FirstFirst ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 7160

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Considering picking up a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Quattro. 102k miles, but a nice price ($8k)

Pretty high mileage, but just had its 100k service done (valves, plugs, belts, and all fluids).

Looking for something as a daily driver. I currently daily my 04 tundra, but it has around 214k miles on it. I have a camper on the back and want to keep it for that, but see no use in running it into the ground when I could keep it for camping duty for a while longer.

Thoughts on the Audi? Or should I be looking at something else? I am leaning towards an AWD wagon of some kind.
    Has it had its carbon cleaning done? Those years are known to have oil consumption issues.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    Has it had its carbon cleaning done? Those years are known to have oil consumption issues.

It has

Considering picking up a 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Avant Quattro. 102k miles, but a nice price ($8k)

Pretty high mileage, but just had its 100k service done (valves, plugs, belts, and all fluids).

Looking for something as a daily driver. I currently daily my 04 tundra, but it has around 214k miles on it. I have a camper on the back and want to keep it for that, but see no use in running it into the ground when I could keep it for camping duty for a while longer.

Thoughts on the Audi? Or should I be looking at something else? I am leaning towards an AWD wagon of some kind.
    I'm a fan of the 2.8 engine. I've got a 1999 with 210k on it, manual trans.
    Like this:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

That ole 2.8 is almost automatic if you keep a fresh belt on it

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It has
    I'd go for it

It has
    Nice. Sounds like its been pretty well maintained. Could be a good buy. If it has stick, it could be an impulse buy for me. Price seems fair if it's really in great shape. Plus that 2.0T is hella easier to wrench on then the old 3.0 I recently sold. Haha. And fuggedabout the 4.2. Although peeps like Aldo know their way around 'em with confidence, those things terrify me at this point. Haha.

Good cheap fun. You used to be able to WRX wagons for that price so not many cheap turbo wagons to beat on. Get an APR tune and a downpipe and have fun

Also found an 04 Avant 3.0 Quattro with 79k miles for less...

Any opinions on the 3.0 vs the 2.0T? Difference in reliability?

Audi forums or PM Aldo
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Manual 325xi wagon. Had one previously, temped again. $4900 140K “needs nothing”. Damned plastic cooling system… hmmmm.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Never had a cooling system issue in any of the many BMW's we have owned.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    It’s the only real Achilles heel with these. Lots of plastic in the thermostat/water pump parts, pulleys, and even the end caps of the radiator. Not a terrible job to replace it all but probably due for it at this age and mileage.

Replaced the Airmatic Suspension Pump in the E500 wagon. $600 and all good to go. DIY could do it for $150 with cheap one but that's not me this time. I used branded and part was $475 with relay (two years parts labor warranty). Last one was the cheapest I could find and it lasted ten years with a leaky suspension so this one should do better with no leaks. Car has a better ride stance and most interesting is the CEL light is off now. I'm guessing the amperage draw on the pump was triggering the message but we'll see. Car rides so nice.

Coolant has never been changed on this car and it's 17 y/o. There is an additive in the coolant reservoir that recomends replacement of the reservoir if you do change coolant. It was 110 here recently and the car actually ran cooler while it idled.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I had an expansion tank blow on my e46 330i once but pulled over in time to avoid frying the engine. Not too expensive to refresh cooling system in stages over time as preventative measure.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Replaced the Airmatic Suspension Pump in the E500 wagon. $600 and all good to go. DIY could do it for $150 with cheap one but that's not me this time. I used branded and part was $475 with relay (two years parts labor warranty). Last one was the cheapest I could find and it lasted ten years with a leaky suspension so this one should do better with no leaks. Car has a better ride stance and most interesting is the CEL light is off now. I'm guessing the amperage draw on the pump was triggering the message but we'll see. Car rides so nice.

Coolant has never been changed on this car and it's 17 y/o. There is an additive in the coolant reservoir that recomends replacement of the reservoir if you do change coolant. It was 110 here recently and the car actually ran cooler while it idled.
    I'm thinking I may need to look into the air suspension on my Audi. Been noticing my right rear is sitting low. Love the stance, but not only on 1 wheel. How did you know it was the pump and not on of the bags or a sensor?

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    I'm thinking I may need to look into the air suspension on my Audi. Been noticing my right rear is sitting low. Love the stance, but not only on 1 wheel. How did you know it was the pump and not on of the bags or a sensor?

Experience I suppose. One corner too low is probably strut or bag. I replaced the rear bags a little over a year ago. One had been leaking for 10 years and I just let the pump blow it up. When the other side failed It was worse. I suspected (knew) it wasn't a strut or bag this time because I never got the red "Car too low" message until heavy braking on a downhill. It's hard on the suspension with no pump because you are basically riding on the joints. Also, the car always started with no warning message and there is a test cycle that measures pressure to the pump and that would trigger the "visit workshop" white error. Finally, when I pushed the raise car button nothing happened. The original pump would not hold pressure in the cold and was replaced proactively with a new front strut. It's a great suspension imo and over the 13 years I've owned the car it's been one strut, two bags, and two pumps (maybe $3k total maintenance). The struts and bags are good till they leak with no ride degradation as long as the pump holds pressure. I love the plush ride and 4 way adjustment.

When shopping for my new car I made sure to stay away from the air suspension. Give me regular struts FTMFW.

She's been posted before, but I buffed her out with the orbital. She really needs a clay and probably a restorer compound for the nicks, but I think she still shines nice if you ain't looking too close.

2014. Jetta TDI. Dealer purchased after recall. Currently has about 8 months left on the bumper to bumper, and due to dieselgate lots of pieces covered basically forever for me. At 38500 miles currently.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Forgot pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210919_211800501.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	385961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210919_211809179.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	385962

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Forgot pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210919_211800501.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	162.2 KB 
ID:	385961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210919_211809179.jpeg 
Views:	119 
Size:	195.5 KB 
ID:	385962

Damn dude I would be fucking stoked on that ride. Really beautiful!! I've been casually looking for one of those for a minute now.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    Damn dude I would be fucking stoked on that ride. Really beautiful!! I've been casually looking for one of those for a minute now.

Got her just before covid, or beginning I guess. May 2020. Paid $12500. Best deal I ever made. She had 22k when I grabbed her.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Got her just before covid, or beginning I guess. May 2020. Paid $12500. Best deal I ever made. She had 22k when I grabbed her.

Thanks.

fuck me

yeah I'm pretty goddamn jealous, very (very) well done. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    fuck me

yeah I'm pretty goddamn jealous, very (very) well done. Beautiful.

Pure luck really. Pulled trigger in like 2 hours of finding her..zero haggle. Just before the used car mess. My guess is I could profit, but, being a TDI, at this point I think both kids might be driving her. They are 13 and 9 respectively.

I would recco the recall TDI to anyone. Mine doesnt have a urea tank and if wanted the retune to stock (better power and mpg bit dirtier) is cheap. I have not bothered as I'm old and she has plenty of power. One of the best highway cars I ever drove. Never downshifts and the torque pulls up hills.

Again thanks

I love my Mk7 TDI wagon. The torque on the highway is fantastic and I just got back from a 550 km road trip and averaged 5.4 L/100 km.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I love my Mk7 TDI wagon. The torque on the highway is fantastic and I just got back from a 550 km road trip and averaged 5.4 L/100 km.
    So awesome eh? Keep on trucking