Page 96 of 288 FirstFirst ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post

Thinking I may need to go in soon to have the timing chain tensioner(s) checked, I've read that's an issue on the b8.

Attachment 299103
    Common issue with lots of Audi motors. My A3's VR6 3.2 engine makes a little bit of "marbles in a can" noise, guides/tensioners might be slightly worn by now @ 113k miles. It's very common on the VR6, not many 3.2 engines out there that don't make a little bit of noise unless the tensioner/guide/chain job was JUST done. You can check VCDS to see if the engine timing is still good by reading the measuring blocks. It's an expensive job if you want to do it the right way and replace lots of bits while your car is torn apart. If you want to keep your car for the long run and can afford it, probably a good choice for piece of mind. But I know there's lots of people who have experienced the similar sounds on their 3.2's and are trouble free for thousands of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    Common issue with lots of Audi motors. My A3's VR6 3.2 engine makes a little bit of "marbles in a can" noise, guides/tensioners might be slightly worn by now @ 113k miles. It's very common on the VR6, not many 3.2 engines out there that don't make a little bit of noise unless the tensioner/guide/chain job was JUST done. You can check VCDS to see if the engine timing is still good by reading the measuring blocks. It's an expensive job if you want to do it the right way and replace lots of bits while your car is torn apart. If you want to keep your car for the long run and can afford it, probably a good choice for piece of mind. But I know there's lots of people who have experienced the similar sounds on their 3.2's and are trouble free for thousands of miles.
    Interesting. I had an insane tick on the b7, confirmed some gnarly damage once the cam follower and fuel pump was pulled. My b8 definitely has a unique sound but I doubt it's really something to be alarmed with, yettt. I hadn't really thought about how expensive it was going to be, guessing they'll have to remove the front clip basically. I just figured I should do it soon based on mileage, I bought the car with 80k, now at 130k. There were 2 oil consumption tests and a piston ring service that had been done prior to my purchase. I figured some shit had been gone through if they had the motor out but no Audi reps would have a look in the computer to see what actually had been done, aside from confirming the test and service was completed.

I'm going to keep it for a while but I certainly can't afford it if I don't have to. Guess I should dig into the Audi forums

What do you think about a carbon cleaning? Even just seafoam?

Hi kungpow, please reply to my PM's to you. I'd like to resolve our disputed transaction for the Burton Cyclic jacket. Should be easy to resolve, if you just reply and communicate with me. I'm not so scary, no need to avoid me for >12 days and counting. Just resume communication with me.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I would suggest R500 if you don’t mind going back a few years. Or, the diesel. I would pick the V6 last. V8 came standard with 18 inch wheels.

Of the options I highly recommend the lighting package. The xenon lights are far superior to the halogens.

I’m not a fan of AMG for daily driving let alone a 7 passenger. The AMG has 19 inch wheels. Probably stiffer shocks. Xenon lights are included in AMG package

Here’s a sales brochure from 2007.

https://www.xr793.com/wp-content/upl...nz-R-Class.pdf
    I am only getting the diesel.

After some further reading I found that the platform is shared with the Grand Cherokee. There's some aftermarket suspension choices that are interchangeable. R owners use them to get rid of the self leveling rear airbags. I hope the sway bar is the same so I can upgrade it.

The more I read about the R the more comfortable I get with it. "Black death", no problem, I can change the injector seals. Handling, can be improved. I can install a parking heater on it. Plz convince me not to like it and keep my B7 A4.

Don't bother with sea foam carbon cleaning. At best it won't do anything, at worst it will dislodge pieces of carbon and damage the cylinder wall coating.

Audi 3.2 on the A4 vs A3 is a totally different engine. The longitudinal 3.2 is a V engine, the transverse is the VR. The V 3.2s are surprisingly reliable and don't develop cam follower issues or guide wear.

Personally I found Liqui Moly Leichtlauf to quiet down the cam shaft tensioner on my 1.8 and general valve lifter noise on every engine over rotella and "german castrol".
    Last edited by daught; 10-24-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin I View Post
    Hi kungpow, please reply to my PM's to you. I'd like to resolve our disputed transaction for the Burton Cyclic jacket. Should be easy to resolve, if you just reply and communicate with me. I'm not so scary, no need to avoid me for >12 days and counting. Just resume communication with me.
    Kungpow, you should respond.

Shut up bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What's going on in here, did the server closet fan fall over?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    There's some aftermarket suspension choices that are interchangeable. R owners use them to get rid of the self leveling rear airbags. I hope the sway bar is the same so I can upgrade it.
    My wagon has airmatic. It’s a great suspension. The rear bag has leaked since I bought the car ten years ago. It pumps up no problem. I’ve replaced one front shock and a pump. Airmatic was optional so pretty easy to find one without it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    What's going on in here, did the server closet fan fall over?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t-user-kungpow
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Yup. It’s the proper thing to do.

jgb@etree Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    My wagon has airmatic. It’s a great suspension. The rear bag has leaked since I bought the car ten years ago. It pumps up no problem. I’ve replaced one front shock and a pump. Airmatic was optional so pretty easy to find one without it.
    Not sure if you are familiar with them, but a FL company called Arnott Industries does replacement air suspension parts (airbags, compressors, valve blocks, etc) for Audi, MB and other manufacturers air suspensions. Their parts come with a lifetime warranty. I - and many others - have had pretty good experiences with their parts for Audi. Not sure how the MB stuff stacks up, but it's probably worth looking into.

https://www.arnottindustries.com/pro...air-suspension

I've had their compressor and front air shocks on my allroad for 7-8 years, and their rear's have been on it for probably 4 years now. Zero problems (knock on wood).

Why must the cam chain tensioners still be an issue with Audis? It's a long and horrifying story with the 4.2 V8 motors. But with the 2.0T? Man...

Related, I have been lusting after a B6 S4 Avant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00606_12rklagUyOR_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	299175

Name:	00h0h_jik2ZZnr8Bw_1200x900.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	299176

The chain issues terrify me. Even if I find a deal on an S4 Avant at under $10k, it would still cost as much to repair. Le sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Why must the cam chain tensioners still be an issue with Audis? It's a long and horrifying story with the 4.2 V8 motors. But with the 2.0T? Man...

The chain issues terrify me. Even if I find a deal on an S4 Avant at under $10k, it would still cost as much to repair. Le sigh...
    Thanks for this post. Heading back to my mechanic in a bit to pick mine up after its most recent gremlin and needed some motivation to not finally say fuck it. I've got only 80k on the clock but timing chain already done. My guy says there is only one other vehicle with a more storied record than mine and it is an 87 vanagon.

When it runs, it runs like a monster but the random electrical bullshit sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Thanks for this post. Heading back to my mechanic in a bit to pick mine up after its most recent gremlin and needed some motivation to not finally say fuck it. I've got only 80k on the clock but timing chain already done. My guy says there is only one other vehicle with a more storied record than mine and it is an 87 vanagon.

When it runs, it runs like a monster but the random electrical bullshit sucks.
    Remind me, what's your car?

Name:	IMG_2161.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	247.5 KB 
ID:	299198

The motor is shoe-horned in that model, right?

I've got a friend with the rs4 sedan with the 4.2, he loves it but I think he's really just ignoring the expenses.

Damn, she fine.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I have responded to him. I've bought and sold things on TGR for a while never had any issue.

I agree to sell him my Gore-Tex AK Jacket for his offer of $50, thought I was being a good seller by giving him a good deal. Then he complains that the powder skirt is missing? I have never used a powder skirt in my life so I forgot people even used these. Anyways, I tell him I'm looking for it in my storage and it might take a little while... I have to move a bunch of boxes and other things to reach the location that it might be in. Sold so many things on here and never had one issue, ever.

Vitiamin I. Just keep the jacket I'll refund you your $50 bucks. Sorry it came to this buddy. Fucks sake.

Oh, that's nice. Really nice. Love the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by rdennhs View Post
    The motor is shoe-horned in that model, right?

I've got a friend with the rs4 sedan with the 4.2, he loves it but I think he's really just ignoring the expenses.
    Yes, that 4.2 is wedged in there and the timing/cam chain service is an engine-out affair. There are plenty of DIYs out there, but for me, trying to do that in my garage sound both terrifying and maddening. And if you do it yourself, it seemingly takes several days over a few weeks. No thanks. That leaves a shop to do it and that means ALL OF THE MONEY.

Well I for one am glad that the Wagon Stoke thread has opened up a Gear Swap mediation desk.

5 stars indeed.

The chain guides are not even that big of a deal on the 4.2. I passed on it because of the cilynder gouging. That's unrepairable, and the way I drive I would have needed buckets of oil.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I don't think chain tensioners are an issue on 2.0TFSI engines, only pre-'13 2.0TSI engines and then only in certain specs.

I could be wrong but I remember asking about this before I bought my Allroad.

I don't think chain tensioners are an issue on 2.0TFSI engines, only pre-'13 2.0TSI engines and then only in certain specs.

I could be wrong but I remember asking about this before I bought my Allroad.
    Mine is a 2010. Gonna dig into audizine this weekend and see if it's something to keep an eye on I guess.

Well I for one am glad that the Wagon Stoke thread has opened up a Gear Swap mediation desk.

5 stars indeed.
    No shit that stuff belongs in a wagons with skirts thread with this beauty
    Name:  94F5135C-3E42-4802-BFC1-D02FC2589B21.jpeg
Views: 511
Size:  93.7 KB
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

I got conscripted to do the Kid’s trunk or treat at school today last second.

I thought about putting a GIANT picture of an odometer over 125,000 and surrounding it thousands of dollars in repair bills but decided to just stop at Party City and grab something cheap and fast.

And 10 lbs of candy.

Name:	250A1EBE-E033-4567-9311-1297B19A9FDB.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	813.7 KB 
ID:	299353

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post
    The chain guides are not even that big of a deal on the 4.2. I passed on it because of the cilynder gouging. That's unrepairable, and the way I drive I would have needed buckets of oil.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It's one of the internal chains or their guides. And it's a hideously time intensive repair.