Page 119 of 288 FirstFirst ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,975 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    you're right, he should probably be dumping thousands into a vintage truck.
    I'd love to keep the truck around..if the fix wasn't $2k it would be fixed. $500ish part but requires manifold disassembly. Someone will get a screaming deal on a solid truck if they diy. I just don't know what might be say another 30k down the road. Sure it's a Toyota, but I also didn't expect the leaf springs and other shit I've replaced the last 2 years to break either. Probably 4k into her over last 2.5years. I'm asking $4k as is. Fair book value more like 6700. It's got some dents, etc so I priced it right I think. 2006 tundra limited (6.5ft bed) w/cap, 170k miles $4k obo.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    I'd love to keep the truck around..if the fix wasn't $2k it would be fixed. $500ish part but requires manifold disassembly. Someone will get a screaming deal on a solid truck if they diy. I just don't know what might be say another 30k down the road. Sure it's a Toyota, but I also didn't expect the leaf springs and other shit I've replaced the last 2 years to break either. Probably 4k into her over last 2.5years. I'm asking $4k as is. Fair book value more like 6700. It's got some dents, etc so I priced it right I think. 2006 tundra limited (6.5ft bed) w/cap, 170k miles $4k obo.

I was referencing simple's vintage truck folly in contrast to criticism of your financial decisions.

I was referencing simple's vintage truck folly in contrast to criticism of your financial decisions.
    That was single.

you're right, got that mixed up.

Oh I knew lol. Just giving a breakdown of some why's not that I have to.

So just about to pull the trigger on 2014 Jetta TDI Sportswagen. CPO. I have financing through CapitalOne, but letting the dealer run it as VW is running some deals right now so maybe I get a slightly better rate, otherwise I will stick to choice 1. I put a deposit on it, refundable. Black, 21K miles. 1 owner, no accidents, cherry. 2year unlimited miles bumper to bumper, then some extended crap due to dieselgate. only has the 16" alloys though, but I wasnt spending another 3K for those. All in $13K.

Hope I can get her in the next few days.
    If you like the size and function, buy it.
    Tdi wagons were awesome. Owned two.
    Just wished Passat tdi wagon made it to USA.

$13k with 21k miles? No brained.
    That was $28k new.?

They’re Extra fun with a clutch and stick.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If you like the size and function, buy it.
    Tdi wagons were awesome. Owned two.
    Just wished Passat tdi wagon made it to USA.

$13k with 21k miles? No brained.
    That was $28k new.?

They’re Extra fun with a clutch and stick.
    Wife doesn't drive stick and she will need to use. Plus the traffic around here might get me angry with a stick..I did seriously consider.
    We have a Saab wagon so we know wagons and function will work fine for 2 dogs and 2 kids. 4 bikes will be tricky but I doubt it will be all four often.

Will be first time in about 17 years I haven't had a truck though. It will be weird.

I plan on a few road trips in that 2 year bumper to bumper period.

You'll love it.

I still adore my BMW 328D x-drive Wagon.

Wife doesn't drive stick and she will need to use. Plus the traffic around here might get me angry with a stick..I did seriously consider.
    We have a Saab wagon so we know wagons and function will work fine for 2 dogs and 2 kids. 4 bikes will be tricky but I doubt it will be all four often.

Will be first time in about 17 years I haven't had a truck though. It will be weird.

I plan on a few road trips in that 2 year bumper to bumper period.

I couldn't do it around here without something bigger than our Subie wagons (OB and Forester), even our bloated second gen Durango doesn't cut it a couple of times a year. Next vehicle in the driveway will be either a van or pickup, whether it's for home reno supplies, a load of garden soil or to move 4 bikes without the rack hassles.

Wagon Stoke

Flexibility of the van is amazing. 7 skiers, or 10 sheets of plywood, vans are better unless it’s loose stuff, (gravel), or tall brushy. I just get that stuff delivered. I used to use a trailer.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    You'll love it.

I still adore my BMW 328D x-drive Wagon.
    My neighbor has a beautiful 2016 in Grey with Saddle colored interior. I told her before she sells it, to let me know. Her car is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Flexibility of the van is amazing. 7 skiers, or 10 sheets of plywood, vans are better unless it’s loose stuff, (gravel), or tall brushy. I just get that stuff delivered. I used to use a trailer.
    Delivery is a problem, the backyard is up a pretty significant hill from the street and anything heavier than a big suv/pickup/van could damage the leach field so no dump trucks

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I couldn't do it around here without something bigger than our Subie wagons (OB and Forester), even our bloated second gen Durango doesn't cut it a couple of times a year. Next vehicle in the driveway will be either a van or pickup, whether it's for home reno supplies, a load of garden soil or to move 4 bikes without the rack hassles.
    Luckily I have use of 2 suburbans and a huge ass ram pickup within 5 min of house. Another reason it's time to ditch the pickup. Super fun in Utah and I would keep her if still there.

Luckily I have use of 2 suburbans and a huge ass ram pickup within 5 min of house. Another reason it's time to ditch the pickup. Super fun in Utah and I would keep her if still there.

Had a grand wagoneer.
    Fkna nice truck

Had a fj60 Toyota Land Cruiser wagon.

Had a diesel suburban. Nice torque.

Then ford exploder. Ok. No spice. Rollover killed that.

Got AWD van. Holee fuk. No chick magnet, but damn it hauls shit.
    Big cargo for the same mileage.
    Drives over snowbanks like a pickup.

Back to suburban since the van frame rotted.
    I like the suburban better. For driving and for looks.
    But it don’t haul shit like the van did.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Had a grand wagoneer.
    Fkna nice truck

Had a fj60 Toyota Land Cruiser wagon.

Had a diesel suburban. Nice torque.

Then ford exploder. Ok. No spice. Rollover killed that.

Got AWD van. Holee fuk. No chick magnet, but damn it hauls shit.
    Big cargo for the same mileage.
    Drives over snowbanks like a pickup.

Back to suburban since the van frame rotted.
    I like the suburban better. For driving and for looks.
    But it don’t haul shit like the van did.
    Those denalis with the seats down are effin huge. These are xl models. Gmc

Passenger xenon headlight ballast went kaput. You have to pull the bumper to fix and since the original one lens is pretty beat I bought a used one on eBay. That’s always a dice roll for that type part. It fit and working. Looks a lot better $500 parts and labor. Just the ballast would have been$360 so I justified the newer part.

Good to go. Lasted 16 years.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0467.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	329077

Which one of you is Brodie?

Quote Originally Posted by grabtindy View Post
    Which one of you is Brodie?

Holy shit that was great.

“Buick TourX: for that friend who talks about Copper Mountain all the time but when you finally go skiing with him you find out he stops with his poles”
    I still call it The Jake.

Deals done. 100% remote. Car best look like the pics lol...pickup tomorrow at 11am. Kinda excited.

Nice!

Deals done. 100% remote. Car best look like the pics lol...pickup tomorrow at 11am. Kinda excited.
    I did that once. Bought the car before seeing it in person. Easiest deal I ever did and the salesman was stoked by how simple I kept it. Congrats on the car
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Just listened to a podcast the other day where a guy did that with an e46. Hope it works out better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Just listened to a podcast the other day where a guy did that with an e46. Hope it works out better for you.
    It happens when you buy a 20 year old boy racer. A CPO car from a dealer has a huge inspection report attached to it. They fix everything that needs it to be considered CPO.

Totally different situation but I'm sure the well wishes are appreciated

This was from a dealer and they had also done a PPI with a different shop. I'm sure this guy just got unlucky though.

Copy that. CPO is way beyond PPI. I know high school dropouts that could be performing those. Simple checklist versus extended new car experience.