Page 94 of 288 FirstFirst ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    i have some notes from another thread but what did u do to refresh?
    Did all the bushings in the front of the car, new e-shocks all around, new seats on the strut towers. Mechanic hated me for requesting the bushing replacements. There is a thread in the R forum about which bushings to replace at swedespeed. Maybe look around in the forum for your model?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by daught View Post

Then we looked at minivans. I drove a friend's sienna and it was actually a decent car. Lots of space, compared to the A4. Then I stumbled over mercedes R320/R350. Fuck I dig them. To me it looks like a big wagon with 400ft/lbs torque. O, fuelly it has better fuel mileage than my A4. Being diesel they should take very little fuel to idle all night, probably under 1L/hr? How is the space in them compared to a sienna? How bad will the drive be compared to the A4?
    guten tag! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...s-benz-r63-23/

we have a f331 had from new its 2014 plate. Its a 316i(over in the uk the general driving pubic are going for smaller more economical engines)we've had no drama at all with it.Its got just shy of 100k on the clock

Sent from my SM-G973F using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

So nobody else is excited to see an A6 Avant that mere mortals can afford coming to the USA? I is excited!

Name:  A6 Allroad.JPG
Views: 437
Size:  98.5 KB
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

^ That's great news! The facelift A4 Allroad looks sweet as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-audi-a4-allroad-17.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	708.1 KB 
ID:	296464

Unfortunately we can't afford to wait until these bad boys start arriving in the states, so we are pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 17' BMW xdrive 330i wagon... going back this afternoon to have another look.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    So nobody else is excited to see an A6 Avant that mere mortals can afford coming to the USA? I is excited!

I still call it The Jake.

I think our next car might be an etron... close enough to the avant, just a little taller. Probably 2 years out on that though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpow View Post
    ^ That's great news! The facelift A4 Allroad looks sweet as well.

Name:	2020-audi-a4-allroad-17.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	708.1 KB 
ID:	296464

Unfortunately we can't afford to wait until these bad boys start arriving in the states, so we are pretty close to pulling the trigger on a 17' BMW xdrive 330i wagon... going back this afternoon to have another look.
    Always buy the last day or two of the month. They are trying to make their numbers and will typically deal more with you from my experience.

So what do you guess landed cost will be on the RS6 Avant? $80k?

My wife has a wagon. Its only 1hp, but its pretty cool. Oh, and I think she's about to get a plug-in Crosstrek, that has a few more horses.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Always buy the last day or two of the month. They are trying to make their numbers and will typically deal more with you from my experience.
    We've been going back and forth on numbers for a while and finally landed in a good spot. BMW San Rafael was really great to work with throughout the process. We liked the wagon we were looking at but it had a few minor imperfections that they agreed to detail and clean up, and were able to drop the asking price enough to supplement the extended warranty and maintenance packages we wanted. It's tough getting a CPO because you don't get to choose the package as easily as buying new, but the one we got checked off most every box (I wanted the M-sport package but in the end it's too expensive for cool bumpers and steering wheel, if you can even find one). Rear heated seats though... a luxury my passengers better appreciate!

Name:  3301.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  3302.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  3333.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  41.8 KB

We are stoked! Since BMW isn't sending the wagons to the states anymore and I personally think the 2020 3 series re-design looks a lot worse, we figured lets get into a low milage F31 while we can.

First things... I'm going to black out the silver window trim and get a roof rack. Then road trip.

Look at that, a real handbrake! J turns coming!

Black with brightwork around the greenhouse always looks sharp.

Nice buy.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post

So what do you guess landed cost will be on the RS6 Avant? $80k?
    For the RS6 Avant I thought I saw about $120k+, so I am hoping the A6 Allroad is $60kish and can be had for less after sitting on some dealers lot forever. I was at a Volvo dealer buying some parts a few months back and saw a beautiful XC wagon that listed in the mid $60ks marked down to $48k. I would have bought it, but a 4 cylinder engine in such a big car doesn't work for me.

We've been going back and forth on numbers for a while and finally landed in a good spot. BMW San Rafael was really great to work with throughout the process. We liked the wagon we were looking at but it had a few minor imperfections that they agreed to detail and clean up, and were able to drop the asking price enough to supplement the extended warranty and maintenance packages we wanted. It's tough getting a CPO because you don't get to choose the package as easily as buying new, but the one we got checked off most every box (I wanted the M-sport package but in the end it's too expensive for cool bumpers and steering wheel, if you can even find one). Rear heated seats though... a luxury my passengers better appreciate!

Name:  3301.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  37.6 KB

Name:  3302.jpg
Views: 644
Size:  36.5 KB

Name:  3333.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  41.8 KB

We are stoked! Since BMW isn't sending the wagons to the states anymore and I personally think the 2020 3 series re-design looks a lot worse, we figured lets get into a low milage F31 while we can.

First things... I'm going to black out the silver window trim and get a roof rack. Then road trip.
    Sports seats FTW!

If you need a roof box (Yakima Skybox 16), let me know. In San Rafael, and will give you a good deal on it.

Name:	B79-C6456-F553-4-DEF-813-D-149042-ED3992.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	668.4 KB 
ID:	297396

Name:	B79-C6456-F553-4-DEF-813-D-149042-ED3992.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	668.4 KB 
ID:	297396
    Congrats! Good looking car.

The police in Madrid use the Prius V. Seems like it would be easy to outrun. Overall, I saw so many sweet wagons - almost felt like my brain was going to explode. No idea what most of them were but they mostly resembled or were Golf Wagons. Seems like half the cars flying past us on the highways when we were doing a steady 120kmh were nice wagons. 8/10 cars that are smallish are manuals. We rented an Opel Vivaro - for the first part of the trip until my wife and kids had to leave for work and school, it was a 6 speed manual 1.6L turbodiesel, then a 5 speed manual piece of shit Mitsibishi that had too high a first gear to get out of the tiny parking ramps without slipping the clutch and had to be wrapped all the way to redline to keep speed on inclines. Really sad that Mitsi is putting out such garbage - and I don't mean that because it lacked power, I understand they like their smallish engines over there, it just seemed like something from 2004. 33 mpg with 3 of us in it which wasn'tt that impressive, my Golf Wagon can do that on a good day and it is a way better and larger vehicle. The van was sweet - mileage was around 30 with 6 of us mixed driving from Madrid to Lisbon and back. Would make an amazing little camper.

Name:	20191006-IMG_1346.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	297519

An example of a sweet looking non VW wagon.

https://www.parkplaceltd.com/used-ca...HH7GB9GB251082

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post

Name:	20191006-IMG_1346.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	297519

An example of a sweet looking non VW wagon.
    That's a Skoda Octavia - same platform/body as the Golf/Alltrack wagons. They sell a sweet RS version that's like a GTI wagon.

Lots of Seats around Spain (also VW platform), along with Skoda, VW and Opels. We had a nice Peugeot 508 SW 6sp turbo diesel wagon a decade ago in Spain. Great for cruising the highway and winding through the Pyrenees.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    That's a Skoda Octavia - same platform/body as the Golf/Alltrack wagons. They sell a sweet RS version that's like a GTI wagon.

Lots of Seats around Spain (also VW platform), along with Skoda, VW and Opels. We had a nice Peugeot 508 SW 6sp turbo diesel wagon a decade ago in Spain. Great for cruising the highway and winding through the Pyrenees.
    Interesting. I wondered if some were rebadged VW's. I think they one pictured is an RS version...it had huge red brake calipers and badges. Seat is a rebadged or maybe more accurately a subsidiary of VW made in Spain according to googles...

We drove that Mitsi in the Pyrenees. Lol. Nothing exciting about it. Handles like a slug. At least it was a manual. Pictured at Formigal ski area just south of the French border. Definitely fun to get off the main highway onto the old, old skinny roads. Mostly though I parked it and hiked around.

Name:	20191009-IMG_1483.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	297692

Here's my little battle wagon, just out of the biannual shower.

93 Legacy wagon
    5 speed
    WRX 2-pot front brakes
    Outback H6 rear brakes
    No ABS
    No traction control
    WRX seats
    KYB AGX adjustable damping struts

2.2 Turbo:
    Manley forged rods
    Wiseco forged pistons
    ARP head studs
    JDM td04 turbo
    Walbro fuel pump
    Cometic MLS head gaskets

SOHC heads - non interference, easy spark change, no gasket issues. Nice torque curve for street and mountain driving, but flow less than the DOHC heads.

Half sportscar, half piece of shit old Subaru... which is a nice balance cause I beat on it without guilt.

Longer wheelbase than the Impreza platform and a slower steering ratio, smoother at speed and less squirrelly on the slick.

Last count had like 12 cars comprising this one, mostly junkyard picks but a couple orders.

Won't win any races but fun as shit in the snow and dirt.

There was a major lowland snow event last year here in W.WA and I was out blasting around on the steep city streets with snow blowing over the hood... metal cranked and laughing like a motherfucker.

Audis and Beemers and Volvos are nice but not for me.

See you at Alpental

Name:	20191014_175843.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	297905Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171117_220942_764.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	297911Name:  IMG_20171120_195915_188.jpeg
Views: 420
Size:  51.6 KB

edit: not sure what's up with the double return shit, sorry

And yeah the rotors are dumb but they came with the calipers
    Last edited by Norseman; 10-15-2019 at 11:27 AM.

That thing is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    That thing is awesome
    +1

Refreshing to see a sleeper working man's retro modded battle wagon after so much Euro wagon stoke. Clean! This thread needs more of this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Here's my little battle wagon, just out of the biannual shower.

Name:	20191014_175843.jpeg 
Views:	133 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	297905
    Fuck yeah! I had a buddy in college with a similar 91/92 Legacy Wagon that he'd dropped a WRX engine into.

I had a 1991 Legacy Wagon as my first car. Bought it from a weird dude who rolled up with a foil-wrapped burrito warming on the engine block when he met me in Fremont. $1,200 cash 130k and no major issues. I drove it to CO two weeks later, loaded with all my shit and it was an absolute champ. Lots of I-70 driving up to Summit, complete with four mismatched radials and a questionable radiator cap; it was a champ in the snow and had a nice amount of space. That 2.2 wasn't fast, but it was an awesome performer.