Page 158 of 288 FirstFirst ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,926 to 3,950 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Just made a deal on an 01 allroad manual. Been far too long since I had a quattro wagon with a stick; that runs.... hah

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Woah. Let’s see that unicorn.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Woah. Let’s see that unicorn.
    It's only a unicorn because most of the population died off. Still a nice car to wrench on and drive occasionally

I hopped in the TDI Sportwagen and drove to Florida a few weeks ago for a short visit.

Miles per day to and fro:

525, 750, 640, 475

910, 880, 575

That car runs like a champ and was perfectly suited to high speed cruising Interstate speeds, No tickets, hardly a cop until deeper south.
    Some night driving, downpours and big wind.
    Averaged 35mpg as the sweet spot at 65-70 gets about 40. And the turbo gets a full exorcism.
    Quiet and smooth enough for the cat buddy to sleep easy 90% of the ride.

Purrrrrr

The golden age for bmw. Best cars they ever made. E30, e28, e34. Such enjoyable cars to drive. You know saying, the sum is greater than the sum of it's parts, late 80s bmws.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quick detour for a little oldschool?

I was pretty much couching it over the weekend, taking it easy after second Covid shot, and amongst the variety of things I watched was Mrs. Doubtfire, cause, well, I'd never actually seen it, (although had seen plenty of bits of it over the years), and, well, I like(d) Robin Williams, bless his soul.

At the end of the movie he drives off with his kids in this monster...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doubtfire Station Wagon 1.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	373466

This site was new to me - interesting...

https://www.imcdb.org/v006250.html

Fold down all the rear seats in that baby and you could probably slip at least a full mattress in the back!

Huh, looks nice but the ad states some peeling clear coat and a quirky 4th gear???? And it is bid up to $9k now! Fuck, I may have to list my V70R there. If I can get $10k for a caR with 220k miles on it I am taking the cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I hopped in the TDI Sportwagen and drove to Florida a few weeks ago for a short visit.

Miles per day to and fro:

525, 750, 640, 475

910, 880, 575

That car runs like a champ and was perfectly suited to high speed cruising Interstate speeds, No tickets, hardly a cop until deeper south.
    Some night driving, downpours and big wind.
    Averaged 35mpg as the sweet spot at 65-70 gets about 40. And the turbo gets a full exorcism.
    Quiet and smooth enough for the cat buddy to sleep easy 90% of the ride.
    I love my TDI wagon on the highway. The low end torque means you can just roll on the throttle to pass. And above 70 it never downshifts for hills.

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post
    Quick detour for a little oldschool?

I was pretty much couching it over the weekend, taking it easy after second Covid shot, and amongst the variety of things I watched was Mrs. Doubtfire, cause, well, I'd never actually seen it, (although had seen plenty of bits of it over the years), and, well, I like(d) Robin Williams, bless his soul.

At the end of the movie he drives off with his kids in this monster...

Name:	Doubtfire Station Wagon 1.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	373466

This site was new to me - interesting...

https://www.imcdb.org/v006250.html

Fold down all the rear seats in that baby and you could probably slip at least a full mattress in the back!
    When I was born my Mom asked my Dad to trade in his 914 for a family car. That car was a butter yellow Pontiac Safari wagon of similar vintage to the above. You could lose 3 kids and a dog in there and not even know it. Loved the rumble seat when I got older.

Donated it to a church I think and man was he ever happy.

When I was born my Mom asked my Dad to trade in his 914 for a family car. That car was a butter yellow Pontiac Safari wagon of similar vintage to the above. You could lose 3 kids and a dog in there and not even know it. Loved the rumble seat when I got older.

Donated it to a church I think and man was he ever happy.
    It's not truly a wagon unless it can hold 4x8 sheets of plywood with the front seats all the way back and reclined.

Before this little side trip gets completely left in the dust this is a fun watch...

Jesus, what a boat! Although - 22 mpg!

And BTW, plywood? Check.

Before this little side trip gets completely left in the dust this is a fun watch...

And BTW, plywood? Check.
    Gotta go with the Roadmaster Limited Estate version to get the LT1 and the 7sec 0-60 for a boat!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    I love my TDI wagon on the highway. The low end torque means you can just roll on the throttle to pass. And above 70 it never downshifts for hills.
    its my favorite thing about my TDI wagon too...just motors...such a great highway car...

And BTW, plywood? Check.
    My dad's parent's had one those when I was growing up, but it had the faux wood paneling on the side too. Had a navy blue velour interior. It was the first car I drove, and the car I learned to parallel park in.

I was more of a fan of it than the Taurus wagon my parents had.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    My dad's parent's had one those when I was growing up ... It was the first car I drove, and the car I learned to parallel park in.
    18' long!! Impressive!

Of course parallel parking is fast becoming a lost, though still very useful, art.

18' long!! Impressive!

Of course parallel parking is fast becoming a lost, though still very useful, art.
    It was the last of the land yachts. The rear end did sag quite a bit when you really put that cargo bay to good use, though.

18' long!! Impressive!

I feel that. For a little while, I used to roll in an old Cadillac Brougham. Car was comically long and I got to be a pro at parallel parking that beast with its terrible brakes, squishy suspension, and ultra-vague steering. After that, everything seemed ridiculously easy to drive/park. Comes in handy when you wanna swiftly whip into a tiny spot on a crowded downtown street with heavy traffic.

After a car with a 221" length, anything else be like:

Finally saw the holy grail! In the parking garage at, wait for it... WHOLE FOODS, HAHAHA, OF COURSE!

Mean fuckin machine. I'm a total fuckin dork for taking pictures. Would have been pretty embarrassed if they caught me but they're prolly used to it.

Doesn't look like it'd be the easiest to parallel park either.

Name:	IMG-1302.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	373524

Name:	IMG-1304.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	373525
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

I took a detour on my way home... And found a little skate park in the forest. Wagon pics to keep it on topic!

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Considering an Acura TSX wagon. 2012 with only 11k miles, just over $20k. Tempted. It's my fav blue too.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

When I was born my Mom asked my Dad to trade in his 914 for a family car.
    Dude my mom pulled the same shit except my dad had a 1970 Porsche 911 that he bought overseas and shipped home while in the Air Force. Once my sister was born my mom made him trade it in for the full boat station wagon. The dealer ended up giving him a station wagon and paying him on top of it for the porsche. Dad still talks about it today though driving his 2008 911 convertible probably helps ease the pain a little.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's not truly a wagon unless it can hold 4x8 sheets of plywood with the front seats all the way back and reclined.
    That means the 66/67 Dodge Charger is a wagon. One of the primary interior design requirements was to be able to put in full sheets of plywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Considering an Acura TSX wagon. 2012 with only 11k miles, just over $20k. Tempted. It's my fav blue too.
    I really like the TSX wagons (ESP since you can get them in a stick), but $20K+ for a 9 year old Honda? I don't care that it's ultra-low miles, todays used cars prices are freaking depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I really like the TSX wagons (ESP since you can get them in a stick), but $20K+ for a 9 year old Honda? I don't care that it's ultra-low miles, todays used cars prices are freaking depressing.
    there are many with slightly higher mileage, one I saw at 35k miles asking $16K. I just figured 11K miles is like another year of driving for 4K. An 11k honda, 9 years old or not (they still look super nice if you ask me), will be good for many many years. Would have all the bells and whistles I require, and would be relatively easy/cheap to fix.
    As many here, I wish the US Wagon market was a bit deeper.