Page 88 of 288 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Izod or Polo? Air dams and rims are expensive. And we fucking rally around here OK...Scandinavian flick...get it?
    It's not quite like dumping in a bunch of 40wt, parking the flat bed around the corner and trading in the truck with the blow'd motor...but similar.

How dumb would a guy be for trading a 2013 Forester that is burning (or do Subaru owners say consuming?) oil, for an AllTrek CPO. Despite the fact that the Forester is an absolute shit box, it has been reliable....so far...and my wife likes it. She has finally got her brain around the fact that it is best to get rid of it before it blows up. Mostly it is a commuter as she drives 60 miles RT daily. VW OK on decent FS roads?
    Don’t worry, the VW 1.8 sips away at oil too

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Don’t worry, the VW 1.8 sips away at oil too
    The Allroad sips oil as well. Apparently it’s supposed to.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Do it Foggy. No regrets on that decision. Walk away.
    This. Simple.

If you're looking for long term reliability get an S model with no sunroof.

If you want to save some money get a 4-Motion Golf wagon.

The Mk7 golf seems to be doing fairly well. Sunroof leaks seem to be a thing though

Wait, you can get a VW AWD Wagon for about $22K? I might have to go check one of these out tomorrow when I'm on my way back from the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    This is now up for sale in salt lake...
    Autotragic, but otherwise pretty nice. 76k miles. Pm me for more info.
    I have a sweet set of style 42 mesh wheels with winter tires for it too....just to piss Harry off.Attachment 288688

sent from Utah.
    ^^^ nice wheels bro !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    ^^^^Yup, saw that earlier today. Funny thing is I walked by a neighbors house yesterday that had a new Alltrack in the driveway and thought it was a nice looking car, but I need the hp of the Allroad, so I am not helping VW directly.
    As said - get the APR tune and you'll match Allroad or GTI power numbers for so cheap. And if there's a concern about the cost of long term wear and tear from a chip tune on a VW, in comparison to buying a USED Audi, you need to rethink you're maths. I went to pick up our Alltrack from the VW/Audi dealer yesterday (see below) and was joking about wanting the Allroad, but only being able to afford the Alltrack and the Audi service manager looked straight at me and said "you don't want to see the service bills the Allroads rack up."

Wait, you can get a VW AWD Wagon for about $22K? I might have to go check one of these out tomorrow when I'm on my way back from the airport.
    Yes, plenty of deals to be had when you look nation-wide with S models for low $20s and SE's for mid-$20s, and great prices for three pedal versions. Pretty ridiculous amount of car for the money. Add the APR tune for $1000 and some Blizzaks and you've got a cheap beast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    If you're looking for long term reliability get an S model with no sunroof.
    Funny you should mention this... The potential for sunroof leak was the chief complaint I'd been watching for after buying our '17 Alltrack SE. A week and half ago (after a strong overnight rain) I walked out to drive it and there was water dripping from the overhead console, running down the side of the footwelll and visibly soaking down the A-pillar. VW dealer was able to look at it this week and confirmed the issue as the sunroof tray water drains were clogged - VW installed small rubber caps at the bottom of the drain tubes which eventually clog and back up the height of the car and leave overflow pooling in the sunroof tray/rim.

Name:  83e38ab34890cf7ca9f19b9bb8863c91.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  35.4 KB

The fix is to remove those caps so stuff just continuously runs out the bottom. The VW guys said they "haven't seen a car come back after doing this" (and claimed that newer 2019-2020 Alltracks and Tiguans wont have the caps) but I'm curious what downsides there are to removing the caps and allowing free-flow of drainage.

Regardless, the service guys were great. Checked and cleaned the car up and all is well.

Sunroof versions have noticeably less headroom. When Alltracks first came out, I sat in one (sunroof versions only on the lot) and decided Nope not for my 6’3”. Many months later, Ice casually mentioned here the manual versions were available. Got me motivated to test drive a non sunroof version and here I am, 2 yrs later, still stoked on this wagon.

Ha! ^ exactly the same. If you want to sleep in it and sleep better when it rains.

Good luck with the spider trap removal but the Alltrack owners group on Facebook indicates lots of cars returning for sunroof leaks multiple times and lots of buybacks. If I had one I would just silicone the son of a bitch shut. Our 4 Runner has a sunroof and shrug, I could care less. Not worth the potential hassles.

Bought my S last October for my ski car and daily. Just rolled 15k. Haven't had any real issues. Once warmed up it hesitates briefly in first gear after I let the clutch out and step into the gas but not sure if they all do that or just mine...not showing any codes on my obdii and have been too preoccupied with managing life and fixing all my other junk to swing in to the dealership for a checkup. It drives so sweet and rides so smooth and sips gas compared to my still running great 236k 02 Subaru that I handed to my stepson. 22k was my price with the sweet 72k warranty and six speed. Shockingly the exact same price I paid for the manual Subaru 16 years prior.

Not using oil appreciably but it definitely drops a little bit on the dipstick between changes. Oil change takes a while because they have a tremendous full width fiberglass type skid plate/waterguard under the engine. Some guys use a pump so they pull it out from above.

Another negative thing to consider is lots of people complain about long waits for parts because of VW backorders. One guy has waited a month for a thermostat. Occasional complaints about leaking water pumps on the 1.8 and Turbo waste gate failures on the IS12 that require replacing the entire unit mostly guys with the tunes. A lot of those guys seem to replace the is12 with the IS20 but that is no interest to me. The car has plenty of power to power up I70 through the tunnel at 80 mph in sixth gear.

Also space compared to my old Outback has not been an issue....I was worried after I bought it. At first I took the trunk floor and lowered it but now I keep it up and use the ample space under it to stash stuff. Helps keep the trunk organized and out of site out of mind. My daughter who is 9 likes to complain about the lack of legroom but she has first class knee room and there is so much space in the front of the cab moving the seats forward a bit to share the pain gives everyone room.

So far still super happy. Just a fun little car that transforms into scca beast mode at the drop of a gear and the turn of the wheel, usually on the way to everywhere I go. Plus it looks sweet when I wash it...which is rare.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 07-20-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Ha! ^ exactly the same. If you want to sleep in it and sleep better when it rains.

Good luck with the spider trap removal but the Alltrack owners group on Facebook indicates lots of cars returning for sunroof leaks multiple times and lots of buybacks. If I had one I would just shrug and silicone the son of a bitch shut. Our 4 Runner has a sunroof and shrug, I could care less. Not worth the potential hassles.

Bought my S last October for my ski car and daily. Just rolled 15k. Haven't had any real issues. Once warmed up it hesitates briefly in first gear after I let the clutch out and step into the gas but not sure if they all do that or just mine...not showing any codes on my obdii and have been too preoccupied with managing life and fixing all my other junk to swing in to the dealership for a checkup. It drives so sweet and rides so smooth and sips gas compared to my still running great 236k 02 Subaru that I handed to my stepson. 22k was my price with the sweet 72k warranty and six speed. Shockingly the exact same price I paid for the manual Subaru 16 years prior.
    Hmmm, good to know on the repeat issues and ensuing buyback. Coincidentally I'm driving our '05 Outback with 200k into the ground right now (with leaking gaskets, etc) as my around town car. Twins are joining our family in 6wks and the plan is to upgrade the Subie to a 4Runner for space, capability and reliability. Maybe the Alltrack will got bought back when it runs out of space for two growing boys? Not asking or actually wanting that to happen, but I guess it could be a good thing financially?

Also not a great shot but the muddy buddy trunk liner is bad ass. Covers the backs of the rear seats so when folded down you have full rubbers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bought same green Alltrack with DSG a few weeks ago. Great car for the money, glad I got one before they discontinued them. Need trunk liner and APR tune next. Is the DSG tune also worth it?

i don't know. for low 30k, u can get a low miles 2016 s line q5 tdi buyback or lease return w 120k warranty for much of car due to repair...add the chip and u have a quick capable snow ride w great highway milage.

not sure how to make them not a soccer mom cars tho

We paid $24k for our AT S in 2016.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I would second the muddy buddy liner, mine is well loved. And the MK7 version works in the MK5/MK6 as well.

All the grief over leaky sunroofs, JFC peeps. This issue and it's remedy is years old and an easy fix. Go to vw vortex or tdi forums for simple fix instructions.
    Wishing I had a sunroof in my '12 JSW.

What's a dsg tune? ... well aware of APR, KermaTDI etc.

If you can't find VW parts, yer not looking. There's a universe of Vdub suppliers out there.

Also for a few hundy, one can buy a VCDS VW/Audi specific Diagnostic scanner. More insightful, accurate and allows for adjusting the ECU whereas most OBD2 scanners have some limitations.

Think I'll go wash the car.

edit: afriend has an '03 Audi A6 allroad twin turbo with Over 125k on it with all the usual maintenance at 110k. Relatively minty for the vintage. Worth $2k?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    edit: afriend has an '03 Audi A6 allroad twin turbo with Over 125k on it with all the usual maintenance at 110k. Relatively minty for the vintage. Worth $2k?
    If it's a manual.
    We've got 145k on our '03 w/manual. Wife loves her car.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Django, it’s prolly worth it. I put 170k on mine, (a manual), redid the rear air suspension bags for cheap, had a rear bearing go, but it was really fun and fast, and the height changing suspension worked great for the few times you need clearance. Holds a lot more than your current wagon.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I think those allroads are great cars as long as you don't need a turbo(s) replacement. I hear it's like $5-8k since you need to remove the engine/tranny for the turbos to be replaced.

No turbo on this beauty bimmer wagon in SLC. Just silky smooth straight 6 action. It can be yours for a very reasonable price.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190714_185651.jpeg 
Views:	79 
Size:	117.4 KB 
ID:	289649

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Would love that^^^...but not gonna happen this year

Quote Originally Posted by japanada View Post
    That's sweet - especially the R steering wheel. I always thought it'd be the perfect swap to take the plaid seats, powertrain and suspension out of my GTI and swap them into my wife's Alltrack. Behold the Alltrack GTI.

Wagon Stoke

Sounds like an technological nightmare to drive.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-volvo-...ium=socialflow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums