Page 9 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Next fall, this will be the only "Wagon" people are talking about.

Do tell
    I still call it The Jake.

just listed on CL. who wants to live the TGR wagon life?

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1473920405.936979.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  201.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Do tell
    Well, Jeep officially announced it, but a family friend in Erie,PA is a dealer, and he knows a lot more about it. Priced to compete with the Range Rover Sport, Escalade, Denali, QX80, LX and GX type stuff. $60,000+

2018 launch, so they will start to show up some time in '17. There is talk that that may be delayed until 2019 though.

This article says it will have a turbodiesel option that gets 30 mpg highway. It will also have a 600 hp Hellcat option. There better be a wood panel option though, or it will fail.
    http://nicecarsinfo.com/jeep/2017-je...oneer-concept/

Well, Jeep officially announced it, but a family friend in Erie,PA is a dealer, and he knows a lot more about it. Priced to compete with the Range Rover Sport, Escalade, Denali, QX80, LX and GX type stuff. $60,000+

2018 launch, so they will start to show up some time in '17. There is talk that that may be delayed until 2019 though.

This article says it will have a turbodiesel option that gets 30 mpg highway. It will also have a 600 hp Hellcat option. There better be a wood panel option though, or it will fail.
    http://nicecarsinfo.com/jeep/2017-je...oneer-concept/
    $60+ for a Jeep. Yup. That makes sense.

That looks like the Commander from the late 2000s. Which was godawful.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I was eyeballing an Audi 2.7t Allroad '05 yesterday on CL with 144k miles for only $3600. God that's a fun wagon and nearly perfect as a functioning vehicle, but my god can those things get expensive. Last person I knew got rid of theirs because the headlights went out and it was gonna be like $2k to replace. Obscene. Too bad they missed the longevity mark with that car.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That looks like the Commander from the late 2000s. Which was godawful.
    That's just someone's terrible Photoshop job, not a real picture.

I had a Grand Wagoneer-surprising chick magnett. Terrible mechanically-course it was old.

Not a wagon; that's an SUV.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I was eyeballing an Audi 2.7t Allroad '05 yesterday on CL with 144k miles for only $3600. God that's a fun wagon and nearly perfect as a functioning vehicle, but my god can those things get expensive. Last person I knew got rid of theirs because the headlights went out and it was gonna be like $2k to replace. Obscene. Too bad they missed the longevity mark with that car.
    I've got an '03 with 140k+ on the clock.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

For their sake I hope they do pull off a Wagoneer reboot. It's very hard to do. Remember the Ford Thunderbird? The first time Jeep did a Wagoneer version of the Grand Cherokee? The PT Cruiser?

It's very hard to pull off nostalgia without looking cheap, plastic-y, and gimmicky. Make the body panels all metal and get rid of that trademark Jeep plastic 'chrome' and you may have a good start.

Just bought the little beamer sports wagon. I hear they may only sell them one more year in the US and then it adios. They just don't sell well here. I was in Sweden and Finland last month and the wagons were about all I saw.

Nice Duxbury Caddilac redux^^^^^. Looks way better than the pathetic Cherokee that came out some years back. My 99' Cherokee sport is still my most favorite ride ever. Wish I still had it.

As for wagons, my 11' Ford Flex wagon is an amazing rig. Blows the Suby outback out of the water with way more space inside and the ride kills it. My next wagon will be another Flex to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Just bought the little beamer sports wagon. I hear they may only sell them one more year in the US and then it adios. They just don't sell well here. I was in Sweden and Finland last month and the wagons were about all I saw.
    I hope that's not the case. As someone who's had a few 3 series I've always been drawn to the wagons and thought they looked better than the competition. When it finally came time to buy a wagon and ditch our 3rd lemon X5 it was the first car we looked at. Problem is they're just so damn small. Not as useless as the cargo area on an A4 Avant but not a whole lot better. If it weren't me, the wife, the son, and two dogs on road trips I'd be all over a 3 wagon (e90 series please with the 6 cyl) but that crew seems to like hanging around me so that's how we ended up in a new Volvo XC70 T6 - which is as big as a container ship inside and has the best seats known to man.

I hope your rumor is wrong and they completely surprise me and bring the 5 series wagon to the US. This crossover/small SUV complex we have in this country is absurd and stupid.

I hope that's not the case.
    Done, fini kaput.
    http://www.bimmerfile.com/2016/06/17...ead-in-the-us/

Early render of that fucking moronic Jeep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 8.38.09 AM.png
Views: 554
Size:  337.9 KB
    As long as gas is cheap.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    That's really depressing. Like dog with a million tennis balls and no one to throw them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Nice Duxbury Caddilac redux^^^^^. Looks way better than the pathetic Cherokee that came out some years back. My 99' Cherokee sport is still my most favorite ride ever. Wish I still had it.

As for wagons, my 11' Ford Flex wagon is an amazing rig. Blows the Suby outback out of the water with way more space inside and the ride kills it. My next wagon will be another Flex to be sure.
    Flex is a ride i've always considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Flex is a ride i've always considered.
    We drove nearly everything and the Flex wasn't even on the radar. Nor was a Ford in general. Till we drove one. With a wife and baby it makes so much sense. We do a lot of play trips in it and there's no need for a roof rack of any kind. Everything goes inside cept for bikes go on back. I can fit a 11'6 stand up paddle board in it with the back door shut. Back seat is captains chairs vs a bench and they slide forward and back 8 inches depending on how much room you want in the back or legroom. Having the captains chairs allows for putting 9' surfboards right up the middle with baby and Dog in each chair. No fiddlefucking with strapping them on the roof. And car camping? FKNA. Hudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    We drove nearly everything and the Flex wasn't even on the radar. Nor was a Ford in general. Till we drove one. With a wife and baby it makes so much sense. We do a lot of play trips in it and there's no need for a roof rack of any kind. Everything goes inside cept for bikes go on back. I can fit a 11'6 stand up paddle board in it with the back door shut. Back seat is captains chairs vs a bench and they slide forward and back 8 inches depending on how much room you want in the back or legroom. Having the captains chairs allows for putting 9' surfboards right up the middle with baby and Dog in each chair. No fiddlefucking with strapping them on the roof. And car camping? FKNA. Hudge.
    sounds about how i figured it would be...maybe next ride.

The new Volvo XC V90. Yes please.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-volvo-v...olv-1786666587

I'm 6' and there's still plenty of room between my head and the back of the front seats when I'm stretched out sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Yep, all the R's had the HUGE turn radius. Whatever, I just don't try a U turn unless I have about 4 lanes to work with.
    I'm pretty sure its because of how low it is. They had to stop the tires from rubbing on fender wells. If you pull up next to a V70 you're about an inch or two lower at window sill and almost 3 inches shorter than a V70 XC. I loved the way my R drove but did not love the mechanical issues springing up at 140K. We sold it, I hope the new guy is driving the hell out of it!

We heat mostly with wood and I find/forage for it all myself. Got about 6 cord of wood stacked right now and the Flex hauls all of it. No trailer needed. No truck needed. I have a sheet of plywood that I normally lay down for the wood, but sometimes a wood score bounty is an unplanned find. The chainsaw fits in too.

Notice the one captains chair is still up. That's where the baby seat is. My 2 year old loves hauling wood

Quote Originally Posted by 1080Rider View Post
    I loved the way my R drove but did not love the mechanical issues springing up at 140K.
    Yeah Audi and Volvo. Meh. I don't get it. My boss and his GF both have Audi wagons. When one's not in the shop, the other is.