Page 89 of 288 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

And less cargo room than a Golf Wagon? Hard pass

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Sounds like an technological nightmare to drive.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-volvo-...ium=socialflow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah, I was really disappointed to read that. Really sharp looking inside and out though.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah, I was really disappointed to read that. Really sharp looking inside and out though.
    Agree. My car has the same things, but just gives haptic feedback, not yanking the wheel or slamming brakes. On curvy mountain roads, I sometimes just hit the button to turn it off if I feel like crossing the paint. Volvo has IMO always taken the safety thing too far. I always liked the ad where the MB or BMW drives around the wall, not into it.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

A bit off topic, but this winter I will be renting a vehicle for 3 weeks in Germany. My budget is about $35/day, and right now I am torn between a Land Rover Evoque, an Audi A4 avant and a BMW 320xi Touring. Really, I don't have experience with any of these models, but I will need to seat 3 comfortably with addition cargo space for 3 suitcases. Any thoughts?
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

In Germany? Ford F-150 crew cab. Why blend in?

I liked the A4 Avant I rented but your passengers may not if they are plus sized. It feels long and low but not spacious.

Maybe consider a VW Touareg or BMW X5?

I would love to rent any of those cars in the states for $35/day.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Agree on all points. Figured y’all read that article too
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Such a badass conversion. If I was looking for a new whip this would be at the top of my list.
    https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2010-bmw-335d-2/Name:  2010_bmw_335d_15629593733b37ba7d3Brad-BMW-For-Sale-06058-940x627.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  62.9 KB

This 2010 BMW 328xi Wagon was acquired by the seller one year ago and since been fitted with the twin-turbocharged M57 3.0L diesel engine from a 2010 335d. The car is finished in Alpine White over Dakota Saddle Brown leather, and additional modifications include M Sport bumpers, ProTurbo Stage 2 turbochargers, Colt camshafts, an ATM intercooler, Ohlins coilovers, 18″ Apex wheels, F30 front brake calipers, M3 gauge cluster, and more as detailed below. This BMW wagon is now offered in Michigan with partial service records, manuals, a complete build log, PDF of every purchased part, two comfort access keys, a clean Carfax report, and a clean Illinois title in the seller’s name.

That's pretty rad. But, like the Alltrack on the last page, I can't help but wonder why someone would go through so much effort only to sell it a year or so later? Just seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    A bit off topic, but this winter I will be renting a vehicle for 3 weeks in Germany. My budget is about $35/day, and right now I am torn between a Land Rover Evoque, an Audi A4 avant and a BMW 320xi Touring. Really, I don't have experience with any of these models, but I will need to seat 3 comfortably with addition cargo space for 3 suitcases. Any thoughts?
    "Or similar"
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    That's pretty rad. But, like the Alltrack on the last page, I can't help but wonder why someone would go through so much effort only to sell it a year or so later? Just seems weird.
    I agree its stupid to build up cars and then sell them at a loss, but strangely I know a few guys who love to do just that. I know a guy who probably dropped over 100k into an audi and then sold the thing a few years later for $45k. I dont understand the hobby of flushing $$$ down into a car, but apparently its really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil E View Post
    I agree its stupid to build up cars and then sell them at a loss, but strangely I know a few guys who love to do just that. I know a guy who probably dropped over 100k into an audi and then sold the thing a few years later for $45k. I dont understand the hobby of flushing $$$ down into a car, but apparently its really fun.
    Not for me, but people like to work on cars, (just to work on cars). At least there's something to sell when you're done. Nobody's buying my powder tracks.

I've driven the avant and the bmw wagon, and sat in the Evoque. There's plenty of room for 3 and luggage in all 3. I did 4 people and luggage for a week in a MB sedan once. I'd pick a wagon for the trip. Fuck that stupid Evoque. BMW's a fair bit faster than the others, even w/ the 320 engine.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Sounds like an technological nightmare to drive.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-volvo-...ium=socialflow

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I drove my mother in law's new Volvo SUV. Did not like it at all. It was nice to sit in though.

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

I do like to work on cars, and I would imagine he didn't lose too much money. Chassis had 200k+ on it, so probably cost him a few grand. Get the drivetrain out of a wrecked x5d for a few grand, a few grand in parts to get it hooked up, now you are looking at what, $10k in parts? $15k? $5k in labor, $20k, sold for $34k, sounds like a good flush to me....

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

BMW has the ThreeTwinkieZero engine, the Rogue will have a lot more more HP. Back are is small for a SUV but 3 'regular' suitcases should squeeze in. I've only ridden in one, never driven it. Avant may work but rental versions may be low horsepower like the BMW.

Working on cars and loosing a big chunk and not even enjoying what you built seems dumb, I guess unless you have money to piss away. Building something and making some profit, or even breaking close to even after enjoying it, would seem more aligned with normal.

That wagon did look sweet. But I too wonder some of the real back stories behind some of these cars...

I’ve got a 3-series wagon and it fits 3 people; skis for 3 + 3 boot bags and 3 duffels. Still room for backpacks, jackets and a snack bag.

Substitute 3 boot bags and 3 duffels with suitcases and you would still have room for 3 sets skis/poles (note: none longer than 190)

Oh man. My mercedes guy sez giv'r. Gonna take a look tomorrow

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4matic Wagon

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5707341

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I do like to work on cars, and I would imagine he didn't lose too much money. Chassis had 200k+ on it, so probably cost him a few grand. Get the drivetrain out of a wrecked x5d for a few grand, a few grand in parts to get it hooked up, now you are looking at what, $10k in parts? $15k? $5k in labor, $20k, sold for $34k, sounds like a good flush to me....

sent from Utah.
    If the math really worked out like that it's definitely a nice little play. You would certainly know better than me. What about the alltrack guy? Seems more likely he took a hit.

My only decent frame of reference is high end custom/unique builds on MTBs, and people always take a bath on those.

ETA: How high are the odds that these franken cars could turn out to have expensive problems down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    Oh man. My mercedes guy sez giv'r. Gonna take a look tomorrow

2006 Mercedes-Benz E-Class E550 4matic Wagon

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5707341

Definitely worth a look. This is a sweet ride.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Lucky he didn't pitch it at the track. Now you could own it and track it yourself.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Definitely worth a look. This is a sweet ride.
    Salvage title?
    I still call it The Jake.

If the math really worked out like that it's definitely a nice little play. You would certainly know better than me. What about the alltrack guy? Seems more likely he took a hit.

My only decent frame of reference is high end custom/unique builds on MTBs, and people always take a bath on those.

ETA: How high are the odds that these franken cars could turn out to have expensive problems down the line?

If the BMW ones are done right, they really should look factory, as they are just like big lego sets, everything sort of fits together. Being a 35d engine, it will likely have expensive repair bills down the road. They have emissions crap that goes wrong with them, and are a nightmare to fix. A buddy of mine just had his x5d bong at him, and was quoted $3500 to fix it. He is selling it and keeping his old e34 5 series, more reliable.

Incidentally, the e34 my buddy has is a 540i with a 6 speed swap installed, and unless you ran the VIN to see it was originally an auto, you would have no way of knowing. All factory parts, no check engine/trans lights, properly done.

As for Alltracks, and allroads, I avoid VW/Audi stuff. Got to know one later model Audi, and was done after 6 months. No more for me thanks.

Take a high end MTB build, and compare that to a high end custom car build, BMW, porsche whatever, modified with high end stuff, you will almost always take a bath, just like a high end custom mtb build. Reasons are similar. Only way you will get top dollar, is if someone else has the exact same wants as you do. Then you have to worry about convincing the buyer that the mods were done right, car was not hooned, etc...
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    Dig it!