Page 84 of 288 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 7197

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Grandpa's wagon
    Attachment 281700

Dad's wagon
    Attachment 281701

Both were long gone by the time I was old enough to drive.
    We had that GT in the late 70's. MY brother, sister and I thought we hit the lottery moving up from a Honda station wagon WITHOUT AC. No more sticking together 3 wide in the back row. The lucky one got to roll around the cargo area solo with two in the middle with at least 2 feet of separation at all times.

We went the other direction in 68 with a brand New baby blue Datsun wagon. The black vinyl seats in that thing would get hot enough in summer to power a small town. Total surf wagon w 4 on the floor. Peppy fun. Miss that car

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    That's what I learned to drive in, dad had a 79 Cutlass Cruiser with the 260 and this wild southwestern pattern woven fabric interior. It had the factory heavy duty suspension so it had a 1/2 ton interior capacity and better towing too but that 260 was a slug. It did get 24mpg which was nice when I took it on Dead tour

Think we had that gutless engine as well. It was easy on fuel - for its era.

Drilled holes in the spare tire storage area that we plugged when not in use for the baddest ass stealth party cooler I’ve ever known.

My mom had a Plymouth Parisienne and a Cutlass Cruiser.

Why, exactly, do some of you remember these old boats fondly, apart from memories purely tangential to the car (e.g. taking it on Dead tour)?

My folks rolled around in a Volvo 145 with rally prepped engine and suspension from the spares left over from 1970 London to Mexico City rally car that Dad and an Uncle built up and were mechanics for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    No love for the Pontiac Safari?
    Come on man. Yeah we had a 1970 Pontiac Catalina Safari Wagon, behold a picture from the internet:

^^dead ringer for ours. Bone white and packin a big block. That's the car I knocked out half the power in Long Island with.

Now that's a sled.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

My old man wasn't big on the American boats, though I grew up post gas crisis. He traded a BMW Bavaria for a Honda Civic and a Mazda RX4 wagon (and I think still resents us a little for it). The wagon was just a car as a kid. I remember fighting over the backie-back more than anything, but right before he sold it, we took it out and he drove the shit out of it. It had been sitting for a while, so I was old enough to appreciate a car that handled decently well. Our was silver and boring, so I'm posting this representation instead.

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

That's a beautiful Mazda wagon. Damn.

I need to stop browsing Craigslist or else I'm gonna end up with something like this: https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto...878684505.html

Or this: https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/cto...879372507.html

New roof rack courtesy of Iowagriz showed up yesterday for the Jetta, will post once it's mounted.
    It sucks to suck.

SCREW YOU, FORD!!! Killing off all cars sans Mustang from the US lineup and then coming out with THIS in Europe only?

It isn't Ford's fault fat lazy Americans want taller and bigger SUV and cute utes. We are the cash cows

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    SCREW YOU, FORD!!! Killing off all cars sans Mustang from the US lineup and then coming out with THIS in Europe only?

Between this and the Golf R wagon, my jealousy of Euro long-roofs is now just blind rage.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Between this and the Golf R wagon, my jealousy of Euro long-roofs is now just blind rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It isn't Ford's fault fat lazy Americans want taller and bigger SUV and cute utes. We are the cash cows
    Same here. Sadly, simple spoke the truth above. It's our market's fault. I may have a blind rage toward Ford, but my rage is also directed toward the SUV-demanding American consumer with aversions to MTs.

We don't have these but you will see Raptors and 4 door Jeeps every day. 'Murica

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    my rage is also directed toward the SUV-demanding American consumer with aversions to MTs.
    Yup, fuck the N.A consumer. They have fucked up me being able to buy what I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Nope. It’s the fucking car companies. Consumers want that shit because the car companies tell them that they want it. Why? They build them shitty and make more money. “Higher margin” they’d say. Don’t blame the consumer (totally, anyway) for falling for it. They’d sell that puke ass minion bullshit in EU if they could but gas prices are too high and the roads and infrastructure just make it impractical. Their stupid marketing bullshit may as well say “if you don’t have some kind of honking SUV then you are probably poor and definitely a faggot.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Agree to disagree Jong. If marketing dictates we would all be driving hybrids at this point

Sedans are dying because we aren't buying. Not because of the grand powers of the car companies.

Big thanks to Iowagriz! Just got the crossbars he sent me mounted up on the Sportwagen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7094.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	283123
    It sucks to suck.

I've owned this car for 3 weeks and finally got around to putting the rack on. It's officially mine now.

Makes me want to take my bra off.'
    I know, shadows, and stuftz.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Big thanks to Iowagriz! Just got the crossbars he sent me mounted up on the Sportwagen.

Name:	IMG_7094.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	283123
    Glad to see they worked out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I love sedans. Not a large fan of wagons.

Ill show myself out.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Wagon Stoke

You know....
    Last edited by Mustonen; 05-27-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    focus.

Best looking wagon I have seen in a while. Has an s52 m3 motor and 5 speed transmission installed. It appears to be for sale as well at $11,500.

Name:	Screenshot_20190603-092555~2.jpeg 
Views:	91 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	284600

sent from Utah.
    sigless.