Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 2287

Thread: Wagon Stoke

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    I've got Audis and a Volvo V70R and the repair costs are similar.
    At the risk of repeating myself, the Audis have been robust: 197k on a 99 A4 2.8 Avant with no major repairs.

    I do not like how the V70R turns, it's like a truck. The Audis ride a zillion times better.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  2. #152
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Sad ending to Jon Olsson's Audi Avant.

    That Saab AWD? What kind of a shitshow is it for service since they aren't a company anymore? Actually, I'm not even going there. She's not what I would consider automotively inclined.
    ok so I went through all the service records since day 1 and totalled them out. I did NOT go line by line, so this total INCLUDES all oil changes (5K interval synthetic) as well as all sets of tires ever installed on her. The grand total all services since 2008-present $10909.00. Total of just under $1400/year average. Take away tires and oil changes (general maintenance with ANY car purchase) and your total would come down to just under $1K average yearly. This is a 2008 with 122K odo.

    Obviously not all Saabs are the same and they can be quirky, but they are nicely appointed, safe, and pretty darned fun to drive.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wasatch Back
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I've got Audis and a Volvo V70R and the repair costs are similar.
    At the risk of repeating myself, the Audis have been robust: 197k on a 99 A4 2.8 Avant with no major repairs.

    I do not like how the V70R turns, it's like a truck. The Audis ride a zillion times better.
    The V70R turn radius is comparable to a Montana class battleship.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,183
    Hm, I've never had any complaints about the wife's XC70's turn radius. Maybe they improved it.
    I still call it The Jake.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    30,025
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hm, I've never had any complaints about the wife's XC70's turn radius. Maybe they improved it.
    My Dad had a couple of 145 Volvo wagons in the seventies.

    Killer turning radiusesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Before
    Posts
    20,456
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hm, I've never had any complaints about the wife's XC70's turn radius. Maybe they improved it.
    I'm told it has to do with the Bembo brakes on the Rs. Other Volvos I've driven haven't not had that problems with their turning radiiusseesesae.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    ok so I went through all the service records since day 1 and totalled them out. I did NOT go line by line, so this total INCLUDES all oil changes (5K interval synthetic) as well as all sets of tires ever installed on her. The grand total all services since 2008-present $10909.00. Total of just under $1400/year average. Take away tires and oil changes (general maintenance with ANY car purchase) and your total would come down to just under $1K average yearly. This is a 2008 with 122K odo.

    Obviously not all Saabs are the same and they can be quirky, but they are nicely appointed, safe, and pretty darned fun to drive.
    Your 9-5(06-08) like mine had most of the quirks worked out by then after 7 plus years of production of the same car. Total cost of ownership on those era 9-5's are comparable to most Japanese cars. That 9-3X with a V6 is next to impossible to support from lack of parts and service knowledge. They sold very few units globally . I saw one at a local shop waiting for a PS pump for almost a month. Somebody had to purchase a unit in Sweden to ship over. I wouldn't think twice about buying a well taken care of 9-5 from 2006-2008.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Your 9-5(06-08) like mine had most of the quirks worked out by then after 7 plus years of production of the same car. Total cost of ownership on those era 9-5's are comparable to most Japanese cars. That 9-3X with a V6 is next to impossible to support from lack of parts and service knowledge. They sold very few units globally . I saw one at a local shop waiting for a PS pump for almost a month. Somebody had to purchase a unit in Sweden to ship over. I wouldn't think twice about buying a well taken care of 9-5 from 2006-2008.
    Well this ones been pretty well maintained so let's hope for the best. After adding everything up I thought the tco wasnt horrible.
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,126
    some dude near me is selling his model t. it's listed in a small closed FB group in Nevada County. $7k. message me and i will give his #.

    "1926 Model T Tudor runs and drives. 95% original. "

    it looks cool. it's a wagon, right?!

    Last edited by bodywhomper; 05-06-2016 at 12:52 AM.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,029

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,183
    Maybe I'm late to the game but I just discovered how fucking banging the wife's system is in her XC70.

    Car swap tonight is polluting all of low country with my Beasties and bass!
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,490
    The Panamera Turbo Wagon will lap the Nurburgring faster than a Carrera GT.

    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,183
    Do. Want.
    I still call it The Jake.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    The Panamera Turbo Wagon will lap the Nurburgring faster than a Carrera GT.

    Saw that picture yesterday and came in my pants. If the rear seats fold flat so you can really use it as a 5 door wagon, that would be a dream car for this jong. Honestly can't afford those kinds of toys anymore, as I am focused on retiring in the next 4-5 years, but man I would love to own that car.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,490
    I imagine the Turbo will be in the 160 range, with the Turbo S being close to 200. But seriously... Do you really need a wagon that can track as fast as this...











    yes
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  16. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wasatch Back
    Posts
    5,395
    Scarlett, my V70R is for sale. If you, or someone you know, might be interested I will provide full details and about 100 photos.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

  17. #167
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Mayonnaisium
    Posts
    7,029
    How many miles?

  18. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,555
    That's a beautiful rig Inspector.

  19. #169
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wasatch Back
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    How many miles?
    117,XXX

    Multiple owners, but lovingly maintained and garage kept. Let me know what other questions you may have.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

  20. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,490
    Get me the VIN, year, and what you need, and Ill try and move it for you.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  21. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    2,687
    07 530xi.
    Nicest car we have owned. As versatile as the 4runner it replaced, (minus off road capabilities) and way more comfortable.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sigless.

  22. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wasatch Back
    Posts
    5,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    Get me the VIN, year, and what you need, and Ill try and move it for you.
    PM sent.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

  23. #173
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,183
    I still call it The Jake.

  24. #174
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Wasatch Back
    Posts
    5,395
    I always thought it was awesome Volvo was campaigning a wagon.

    I SOLD the V70R to a nice guy in Florida.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

  25. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Park City
    Posts
    2,957
    My new 9-3 aerocombi xwd was a great car to drive, v6 turbo. It lived in the shop though. The starter was going bad and they flat didn't exist. I got rid of it the second the warranty ran out. And, warranty was covered even after Saab went out of business.

    You should never ever be on a first name basis with the warranty manager.
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •