Page 72 of 290 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 7240

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    On the Volvo's, a few dealers always order a few wagons for the dealership to have on hand. After a bit of time goes by you can often buy them with a serious mark down. I saw a V90 on a lot that was marked down about 20%. If the car had a proper 6 cylinder engine, I would of been very tempted by it, but a 4 banger for $48k? NFW. Same think with the V60, the engine really puts me off.
    I'm even more put off by 4 banger XC90 "Excellence" that has a $104k base price. I want a twin turbo V8 for that kinda cash.

At least it has a champagne fridge.

So apparently Volvos move to a 4 cylinder line up is causing grief? Audi must hear the same with the 2.0T but having driven a A6 and A5 with the engine I was pretty impressed. They have turbo engines figured out.

2019 CX-5 turbo is pretty compelling. Curious to see what the numbers look like beyond the leaked HP and torque. (Yes, not a wagon, but I'm cross-shopping a bit of both for our next vehicle.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    So apparently Volvos move to a 4 cylinder line up is causing grief? Audi must hear the same with the 2.0T but having driven a A6 and A5 with the engine I was pretty impressed. They have turbo engines figured out.
    In my mind, Volvo has always been a 4 or 5 cylinder forced induction brand. I don't know why people would be weirded out by it.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    2019 CX-5 turbo is pretty compelling. Curious to see what the numbers look like beyond the leaked HP and torque. (Yes, not a wagon, but I'm cross-shopping a bit of both for our next vehicle.)
    I was hopeful about the diesel for the Mazda, but doubtful it'll actually arrive. Seems like they're focused on their "Skyactiv" motor development.

I test drove the current (refreshed) CX5. In order to get the more adjustable driver's seat, you have to buy the highest trim line - without that, the driver's seat is too flat for me (I want the front tipped up more/ rear tipped down). But I don't really want the stuff that comes with the higher trim line.

I have a weird list of possible vehicles for the next one... Waiting to see the 2020 refresh of the Honda Ridgeline, and now there's a new Honda Passport coming (shorter Pilot, 2-row, with fancy AWD system and beefed up parts from the Ridgeline). The Buick Tourx is still interesting, and GM is discounting heavily. The new Ford Ranger looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I think the diesel will get here sometime. But at this point, Skyactive stuff is efficient enough that I'm not sure I'd miss it all that much.

Didn't know they were bringing the Passport back. Interesting.

Man, the TourX seems pretty dang sweet with those deals, but I bet they (and maybe even the car stateside) are gone from lots by the time I get to buying. Payments on the 4R ended in July, so we were looking at replacing my shitbox commuter this fall. But then we mostly decided to hold off a bit with the single-income and house being more expensive than we originally were thinking about. We could afford something now, but don't need it. Yes, we hate America.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

The Passport is returning in name only. Not sure why they bothered reusing that name - it's not like anyone misses the Isuzu Rodeo that it was. New Passport is another midsized crossover, but if it's basically a Ridgeline drive train in a short Pilot, that covers a lot of my vehicle needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I miss my Saab Aero Sportcombi almost daily.
    Talk about having turbo figured out...2.3l I4 turbo pushing 275hp stock.
    Smooth as a whistle on the highway and still got 30mpg.
    I know what I have to do...saabnet.com!

I came really really close to buying an 07 Saab 9-3 wagon with a stick. It drove great, the engine was a gem and the seats were great.

But it was just as Saab was going under and the local Saab indie recommended not buying it. Got a Mazda 5 with a manual instead, which was a good family hauler when the kids were little.

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlam View Post
    I miss my Saab Aero Sportcombi almost daily.
    Talk about having turbo figured out...2.3l I4 turbo pushing 275hp stock.
    Smooth as a whistle on the highway and still got 30mpg.
    I know what I have to do...saabnet.com!
    Still chugging the 2008 95 wagon. Fun car but so quirky. I changed out the thermostat and some other recommend part last year and the temp gauge is flaky again (goes from normal reading to zero, you can feel a slight engine change at same time if you're paying attention) which point to tstat. Maybe just an unlucky part, but I'll have to pay again cause the other work was done in Utah. Nearing 160k on the odometer, so I debate if I should keep dumping money into her.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    The Passport is returning in name only. Not sure why they bothered reusing that name - it's not like anyone misses the Isuzu Rodeo that it was. New Passport is another midsized crossover, but if it's basically a Ridgeline drive train in a short Pilot, that covers a lot of my vehicle needs.
    Looking forward to seeing this one too.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Still chugging the 2008 95 wagon. Fun car but so quirky. I changed out the thermostat and some other recommend part last year and the temp gauge is flaky again (goes from normal reading to zero, you can feel a slight engine change at same time if you're paying attention) which point to tstat. Maybe just an unlucky part, but I'll have to pay again cause the other work was done in Utah. Nearing 160k on the odometer, so I debate if I should keep dumping money into her.

Try a new coolant temp sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Try a new coolant temp sensor.
    Did that. That's that other part. They always recco doing both. I just couldn't recall the second part earlier.

Wagon game strong at Mercedes.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

^^^^The new base E wagon has some serious power. 5 seconds to 60 is no slouch.

E63 S AMG wagon is and will always be my dream, no budget, 4 season family hauler.

It would be a tough choice between that and a Panamera Turbo S wagon.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

My complaint on the Merc wagons have been an interior I never cared for the looks of. The new E450 is better than past models for me. If I had the extra cash lying around to blow on one, I might do it now.

Name:  Capture 4.JPG
Views: 642
Size:  89.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Did that. That's that other part. They always recco doing both. I just couldn't recall the second part earlier.

Make sure the connector is seated firmly. CTS is pretty easy to change on that car, they run about 20. Use a genuine Bosch. You should be able to change that thing in about 15 minutes with a 19 mm and a universal joint. Burp out any air and see if problem goes away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	258965

Not the best pic but this Outback 3.6 with T/A KO2 tires looked kinda cool and had a lot of clearance. Do you have to mod it a bit for those tires to work?

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	313.1 KB 
ID:	258965

Not the best pic but this Outback 3.6 with T/A KO2 tires looked kinda cool and had a lot of clearance. Do you have to mod it a bit for those tires to work?
    Stock clearance on the Outback is pretty good, but you don't have a ton of tire clearance if you want to size up. There are kits that will give you an inch or two between the body and the strut top hats. That's enough to go up to a 31 or so safely.

My stock struts are pretty much shot, so this is on my to-do list.

If you do that, then why not do what you should have done?

Name:	IMG_20181111_172143_924.jpeg 
Views:	172 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	259094

sent from some fucking device using some fucking program.
    sigless.

^I mean I totally agree with you if your goal is to make an Outback into a real truck but I lifted my old Outback with Baja springs and GR2's when the suspension was beyond worn out and it made it a better car. More fun, better handling even with the little lift, could load the entire rear end full of bags of compost and dirt at Menards with barely a squat. Why not?

The AT tires on an Outback though...meh. I'd just stick with AS streets and snows.

I took my old Outback deer hunting last week after driving around the Alltrack for 2k because it isn't ready for blood and guts and my stepson needs a reminder that the Outback is still my baby. Lol at that piece of shit deer hauling beast. Such a functional shit box but 17 years has certainly advanced the clock and VW mk7'n makes driving ridiculously fun.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I was hopeful about the diesel for the Mazda, but doubtful it'll actually arrive. Seems like they're focused on their "Skyactiv" motor development.

I test drove the current (refreshed) CX5. In order to get the more adjustable driver's seat, you have to buy the highest trim line - without that, the driver's seat is too flat for me (I want the front tipped up more/ rear tipped down). But I don't really want the stuff that comes with the higher trim line.

I have a weird list of possible vehicles for the next one... Waiting to see the 2020 refresh of the Honda Ridgeline, and now there's a new Honda Passport coming (shorter Pilot, 2-row, with fancy AWD system and beefed up parts from the Ridgeline). The Buick Tourx is still interesting, and GM is discounting heavily. The new Ford Ranger looks great.
    We really wanted to like the CX5 but the seats were the reason we couldn't. As far as the diesel, hearing some of the spec,s the MPG is not that much of a difference than the gas option.

I saw the Buick TourX on the road, it does look sweet. It is better than the Alltrack and probably much more refined than the Outback.
    Click. Point. Chute.

I may have killed my V70R driving into a foot of water. Stalled and I guess that allows water into the engine. Towed it to my Indie yesterday, so I hope to have some good news Monday, as in they can fix it for $2-$3k. So bummed, I loved that car.

Not feeling the other options out there for one reason or another. Damn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

What are mags doing to protect the wagon cargo zone for pets? Rear seats folded flat, protecting rear seatbacks and maybe side panel fabric. Biggest challenge always seems to be dog hair weaving it’s way into the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.