Page 217 of 288 FirstFirst ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,425 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

My buddy has had one for a few years. Something really dumb like 800hp.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1684525338.235421.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	873.1 KB 
ID:	459488

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Something really dumb like 800hp.
    At least 300 unnecessary dumbs, completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Also looks like the previous owner may have rolled it.
    Wow

Name:	Image1684527137.768366.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	459490

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Also, you're obviously the totally least biased person to ask, but have you had experience with the 4matic series on the W212? Reading forums most people recommend RWD unless you really need AWD, but I think all the later year wagons were 4matic. I think a lot come with air suspension as well, which is often warned off, but I wouldn't necessarily be against as I'd want to add a hitch and carrier.
    Yes, I’m biased. No doubt. I’ve driven a few w212 and my brother had one. 4matic is a reliable system. Change and check the fluid every now and then. It used to be a non maintenance item but was updated to change at least for w211. I like the feel and seats of a w211 better but then I also had a w124 which fit and finish wise is still one of the best ever.

The rwd will have a bit better ride and be a few pounds lighter. It’s some of the little things I like about Benz. Turning radius for one. It’s remarkable in an awd car. So tight.

I’d also skip anything “sport”. It’s not a sports car. I prefer the look of luxury trim and also don’t need the bigger wheels. Always do your research on options. Lastvin.com works well.

I like airmatic. It’s fixable if it has problems and won’t break the bank. I use it all the time driving from freeway to mountain. Lighting upgrades are nice as is heated steering wheel option. Adaptive cruise Distrionic is nice but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Still built in stuttgart and not in bama.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Wow

Name:	Image1684527137.768366.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	459490
    Again, absolutely NOT evident when seeing it in person. Don't know what's up, but that could be what is effecting the price. Carfax often makes a mountain out of a molehill (or serious stuff goes unreported), so I'm curious what the real story is.

Shooting brake detour:

Name:	90F61025-799B-4609-8196-AF21CB2CEE47.jpeg 
Views:	84 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	459492

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...oupe-revealed/

Make it an M Coupe, you cowards!

Two thumbs up from me. Every car company needs to do a shooting brake before they wind down petrol powered cars. Just because - shooting brake.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Yes, I’m biased. No doubt. I’ve driven a few w212 and my brother had one. 4matic is a reliable system. Change and check the fluid every now and then. It used to be a non maintenance item but was updated to change at least for w211. I like the feel and seats of a w211 better but then I also had a w124 which fit and finish wise is still one of the best ever.

The rwd will have a bit better ride and be a few pounds lighter. It’s some of the little things I like about Benz. Turning radius for one. It’s remarkable in an awd car. So tight.

I’d also skip anything “sport”. It’s not a sports car. I prefer the look of luxury trim and also don’t need the bigger wheels. Always do your research on options. Lastvin.com works well.

I like airmatic. It’s fixable if it has problems and won’t break the bank. I use it all the time driving from freeway to mountain. Lighting upgrades are nice as is heated steering wheel option. Adaptive cruise Distrionic is nice but it wouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Still built in stuttgart and not in bama.
    I too prefer the Luxury trim to the Sport trim in these, particularly because I've never really been a fan of big wheels and low profile tires on anything but actual sports cars. No matter what car I have, at some point I'm going to drive it down dirt roads.

I too prefer the Luxury trim to the Sport trim in these, particularly because I've never really been a fan of big wheels and low profile tires on anything but actual sports cars. No matter what car I have, at some point I'm going to drive it down dirt roads.
    Agreed. And as far as the E class goes, from what I'm seeing online, I WAY prefer the beautiful wood trim and everything slathered with leather versus the carbon fiber look.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Agreed. And as far as the E class goes, from what I'm seeing online, I WAY prefer the beautiful wood trim and everything slathered with leather versus the carbon fiber look.
    Hey man, watch the leather.

Most modern mercedes are actually MB Tex vinyl upholstery. It's a good choice. Durable and easy care. Standard in all E-class

Most modern mercedes are actually MB Tex vinyl upholstery. It's a good choice. Durable and easy care. Standard in all E-class
    I'd actually prefer MB Tex as my wife doesn't love leather.

Purchased this A6 8 months ago after waiting a year for it to be built - semiconductors as well as the war in Ukraine (Audi's wiring harnesses were (are?) made in Ukraine).

My fourth Audi and I have been pleased with it.....17,600 miles and the only issue has been buggy software for the radio/media unit. Enough room for taking the 3 grandkids skiing as well as just hauling crap. 33 mpg on the highway!

Name:	IMG_4701.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	459598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5187.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	919.1 KB 
ID:	459599
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5087.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	545.6 KB 
ID:	459597  

Beautiful car, congrats...
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by flaviaman View Post
    Purchased this A6 8 months ago after waiting a year for it to be built - semiconductors as well as the war in Ukraine (Audi's wiring harnesses were (are?) made in Ukraine).

My fourth Audi and I have been pleased with it.....17,600 miles and the only issue has been buggy software for the radio/media unit. Enough room for taking the 3 grandkids skiing as well as just hauling crap. 33 mpg on the highway!

Name:	IMG_4701.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	531.1 KB 
ID:	459598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5187.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	919.1 KB 
ID:	459599
    The elusive Allroad A6! Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

I'd actually prefer MB Tex as my wife doesn't love leather.
    Doesn't have the same ring to it: hey man, watch the MB Tex.

And your wife doesn't love leather? Time for an upgrade.

Chrysler called it corinthian leather in the 80's.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

That always struck me as really odd with BMW and Merc. So you're going to charge a premium price for a premium product yet your offerings all start with vinyl?

I get it, it's not a cloth interior that smells like a rental Malibu off-gassing noxious fumes, but come on at least make the base trim leather seats; you can vinyl the shit out of everything else if its that big of a deal.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Chrysler called it corinthian leather in the 80's.
    Mmmmm, Corinthian leather.

Is it really corinthian if not tufted and pleated?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Is it really corinthian if not tufted and pleated?
    Don't forget a ruche. Tufted and pleated just isn't complete without a ruche.
    I still call it The Jake.

Side question: Anybody here know what the best Mercedes internet forum is? Wife and I are starting to learn toward a used E class wagon so I want to keep my eyes peeled with forum classifieds. As far as Volvo wagons go, I've seen a lot of beautiful, completely optioned out specimens come and go on Swedespeed for way better prices than the stupid dealerships, so hopefully the MB forums will prove similarly fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Side question: Anybody here know what the best Mercedes internet forum is? Wife and I are starting to learn toward a used E class wagon so I want to keep my eyes peeled with forum classifieds. As far as Volvo wagons go, I've seen a lot of beautiful, completely optioned out specimens come and go on Swedespeed for way better prices than the stupid dealerships, so hopefully the MB forums will prove similarly fruitful.
    Benzworld and mbworld. Quite civilized and great help in both.

Benzworld and mbworld. Quite civilized and great help in both.
    Excellent. Thanks!