Page 211 of 219 FirstFirst ... 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 5457

Thread: Wagon Stoke

  1. #5251
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    On the one hand I’m kinda sick of Audi’s newer styling already, but on the other hand I struggle to think of a better looking / across the board lineup at any other manufacturer.
    It’s really hard to knock em, especially when you compare them to the hideous mess that BMW is anymore, the missionary position lineup of SUVs for
    Mercedes, and Lexus’ full lean-in on the predator grille.

    That e-Tron GT is the best looking EV (Taycan close second) out there.
    I still call it The Jake.

  2. #5252
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    On the one hand I’m kinda sick of Audi’s newer styling already, but on the other hand I struggle to think of a better looking / across the board lineup at any other manufacturer.
    That's kinda where I'm at with things. I can't tell if I'm resigning myself to ugly faux ginormous grills or adjusting to the times. At least they're not doing what BMW's doing.

    However, even with the questionable front end design, I'd still totally drive one. The REST of the car looks great IMO. Sort of a butterface, eh?

  3. #5253
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s really hard to knock em, especially when you compare them to the hideous mess that BMW is anymore, the missionary position lineup of SUVs for
    Mercedes, and Lexus’ full lean-in on the predator grille.

    That e-Tron GT is the best looking EV (Taycan close second) out there.
    Agreed. Best of the bunch for sure.

  4. #5254
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    18,052
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s really hard to knock em, especially when you compare them to the hideous mess that BMW is anymore, the missionary position lineup of SUVs for
    Mercedes, and Lexus’ full lean-in on the predator grille.

    That e-Tron GT is the best looking EV (Taycan close second) out there.
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  5. #5255
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,563
    It's only a concept, but...Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 291
Size:  90.7 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  6. #5256
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    That looks fantastic.

    Where's the shamrock shield though?
    I still call it The Jake.

  7. #5257
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    18,052
    Never to come to our shores
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  8. #5258
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,563
    I was also wondering where the handle was for the rear doors, but yeah--that needs a Quadrifoglio treatment.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  9. #5259
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I was also wondering where the handle was for the rear doors, but yeah--that needs a Quadrifoglio treatment.
    If I had to guess they're probably those round electronic release buttons at the bottom of the C pillar.


    Speaking of shields, I saw these on a V90 in traffic the other day and was very amused.

    I still call it The Jake.

  10. #5260
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,722
    Prancing Moose stickers are an important mod. My wife won't let me put one on her car :shrug:

  11. #5261
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    There's a guy here in town with an RS6Avant with a badge delete except for the "RS" on the rear decklid and this next to it:



    I kinda want to tell him nice work if I ever get the chance.
    I still call it The Jake.

  12. #5262
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,795
    Yeah another corporate hippie sell out. Congrats

    Let me know when you see a Juggalo sticker on a RS6 then I'll know they came from the bottom for real

  13. #5263
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,974
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    There's a guy here in town with an RS6Avant with a badge delete except for the "RS" on the rear decklid and this next to it:



    I kinda want to tell him nice work if I ever get the chance.
    A little voice inside my head said ďdonít look back, you can never look backĒ

  14. #5264
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    12,704
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Let me know when you see a Juggalo sticker on a RS6 then I'll know they came from the bottom for real
    Technically, it's a magnet

  15. #5265
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    A little voice inside my head said “don’t look back, you can never look back”
    Lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Yeah another corporate hippie sell out. Congrats

    Let me know when you see a Juggalo sticker on a RS6 then I'll know they came from the bottom for real
    Should I scream “NAME 5 SHOWS!!!” at him next time I see him?
    I still call it The Jake.

  16. #5266
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Technically, it's a magnet
    Bwahahaha


  17. #5267
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Only 3 hours remaining to get in your final bids on Doug's RS2!

    Common' resident TGR dentists...
    $92,000. Less than $1 for every mile its driven.
    I still call it The Jake.

  18. #5268
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tejas
    Posts
    10,743
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    $92,000. Less than $1 for every mile its driven.
    Not bad. I'm a bit surprised it didn't crack $100K, but that's still one heckuva high number.

  19. #5269
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,795
    It was tough to read all that Daddy Doug nut swinging. The hiAce selling for $6500 was telling. Used market for affordable stuff is softening. Rich people cars just like rich people houses are still on the rise. Although the Porsche Panamera wagon sold for a lot less than expected.

  20. #5270
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It was tough to read all that Daddy Doug nut swinging. The hiAce selling for $6500 was telling. Used market for affordable stuff is softening. Rich people cars just like rich people houses are still on the rise. Although the Porsche Panamera wagon sold for a lot less than expected.
    Didn't the Panamera wagon (hybrid I think if it's the one I looked at) have high miles though?

    And yeah, it's hard to read Doug's schtick without hearing his voice in your head and that annoying cadence of his.
    I still call it The Jake.

  21. #5271
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,795
    More likely the 4 owners. First owner put on 53k miles in just under 3 years. It's a highway cruiser.

  22. #5272
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Southeast New York
    Posts
    10,722
    Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    It was tough to read all that Daddy Doug nut swinging. The hiAce selling for $6500 was telling. Used market for affordable stuff is softening. Rich people cars just like rich people houses are still on the rise. Although the Porsche Panamera wagon sold for a lot less than expected.
    The prices on the good cars are still high or even going up but the beaters and marginal stuff are finally going down (a little bit). Because new cars are more readily available 3 year leases are finally being turned in so at least there are good, relatively new used vehicles available again but they are not a good deal unless you can get a CPO deal.

  23. #5273
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,762
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Prancing Moose stickers are an important mod. My wife won't let me put one on her car :shrug:
    My wife also was not having the prancing moose mod on her Volvo.

    Jokes on her because I'm going to Polestar that thing next time she's out of town.

  24. #5274
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    31,936
    Lol. Try pointing out all the approving nods from other enthusiasts she’s missing out on.
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #5275
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    The Garden State
    Posts
    4,480
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7881.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	450481
    Itís getting better looking, eh simple?

    Finally got this sorted with suspension work and Iím starting to really like this one. Fits like a heated leather glove from the driver seat, perfectly dampened and correct rubber pushing a healthy 5 cyl turbo, transferring from Conestoga wagon to freight train status.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •