Page 185 of 288 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    This makes me happy. And tightens my wagon-pants.
    The names too short. I’m still holding out for my
    Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo

JFC..fwiw I always hated making this call. But honestly:

What if I drove NASCAR style (always turn left) from frisco to leadville to BV to Fairplay to breck then frisco repeat. Tires will wear differently

At least now I know how I will make my next decision..and f#ck big tire!

Back on wagon track. Yeah, a touareg is not exactly a wagon...but damn if it isn't my forever vehicle.

I followed and posted here a few times. Allroad was main goal but f#ck that 2.0 turbo. Then hopes of the A6 euro dream machine for 100k etc. Well it arrived and so did my newborn and wife going back to school.

So i picked up a used touareg (here is the secret) TDI w 40k left under nearly full mfg warranty. Thing is a beast!

Pulls the camper better than 4 tacoma pros chained together w nearly 2x the milage. Doesn't suck off the line or getting on the freeway, in fact it kicks arse! AND over the 35k miles I've drive, I have averaged 25mgd...I drive 80ish plus don't accelerate slowly whether from a stop or doing 65 to pass left lane f#cks.

I drove an a6 tdi allroad all over euroland a few years ago and was in love...but can't get em here so here I am super happy w the tdi touareg

Edit: forgot to mention when that when warranty is up if you live in the right place, you can go back to OEM specs diesel gate wise w a tune!

Also downside - maintenance is $$...brakes per axle at dealer are $1k. Probably equally $$ for other repairs

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    Back on wagon track. Yeah, a touareg is not exactly a wagon...but damn if it isn't my forever vehicle.

I followed and posted here a few times. Allroad was main goal but f#ck that 2.0 turbo. Then hopes of the A6 euro dream machine for 100k etc. Well it arrived and so did my newborn and wife going back to school.

So i picked up a used touareg (here is the secret) TDI w 40k left under nearly full mfg warranty. Thing is a beast!

Pulls the camper better than 4 tacoma pros chained together w nearly 2x the milage. Doesn't suck off the line or getting on the freeway, in fact it kicks arse! AND over the 35k miles I've drive, I have averaged 25mgd...I drive 80ish plus don't accelerate slowly whether from a stop or doing 65 to pass left lane f#cks.

I drove an a6 tdi allroad all over euroland a few years ago and was in love...but can't get em here so here I am super happy w the tdi touareg
    Congrats man, sounds like you found a hell of a whip.

To be clear though on your first point re: the 2.0, I had similar reservations coming out of the Volvo T6 with 300/300 when I bought my Allroad.

It’s been bomber. Went out of warranty at 100k and did the APR stage 1, so now I’ve got basically 300/300 again in a smaller, waaaaaaay better handling package with a 60/40 rw/fw full time Quattro split. Needless to say, I plan on running this thing into the ground. Still makes me smile when I pop into it, especially after a bit of time in another car - which I think is all that matters.
    I still call it The Jake.

Just when I am finally content! I only dislike the 2.0 for its lack of tow capacity but obviously its not meant for that. (I even have some great pics of the euro allroad pulling trailers).

Also to ur point, now that its time for the 17 inch rims w hakkas it the touareg def looses some of its luster

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I wish money was no object...

Attachment 389469
    https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...o-alpine-loop/

I really like the 2nd Gen Touareg, and from what I've read the reliability and build quality is light years ahead of the 1st Gen.

The dieselgate warranty on the TDIs sure takes some of the worry out of owning one. I had an exhaust flap go on my 2015 and it was repaired under warranty without heasitation, which is great since the part was stupidly priced. The warranty is good for 11 yrs, 260k km (160k miles).

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    The names too short. I’m still holding out for my
    Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo
    Let's just agree to call it the Porsche raging sex wagon?

Edit: forgot to mention when that when warranty is up if you live in the right place, you can go back to OEM specs diesel gate wise w a tune!

Also downside - maintenance is $$...brakes per axle at dealer are $1k. Probably equally $$ for other repairs
    The VAG diesels are legit. It's a huge bummer that Dieselgate largely killed off their import to North America. I absolutely loved my Diesel Cayenne. The fix ruined the throttle response due to what felt like indefensible turbo lag. I hear there was a revision to the fix, but I still miss that vehicle for a number of reasons.

Random anecdote - Waiting for my kid to finish her PSAT, and dude walks by with his dog, pauses, and says, “Nice wagon.”

Some people just know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634753734.555918.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	179.5 KB 
ID:	389677

Nice score finding a TDI!!! My only $0.02 is don't let the maintenance costs spook you, but instead learn to wrench on it yourself (post-warranty that is). That's the only way my aging Euro cars haven't bankrupted me. It's my understanding that the Touareg/Cayenne isn't that bad when compared to some of VAG's other offerings. Plus, OEM parts can be had for surprisingly pretty cheap these days!

I've been driving my Q5 Tdi this week. The 3.0 diesel engine really is wonderful. Wish I could put it in my Landcruiser wagon.

After a few years of post dieselgate retune I don't even remember what it felt like originally. Only the internet never forgets.

Get a OBDELEVEN so you can save $$ on maintenance

So the local dealership must have fixed the ol' volvo transmission- now listed at $7,995
    https://wolfautogroup.com/vdp/178256...ckson-WY-83001

glad to see the tommy molvo still going strong though. I need to go plant an "easter egg" on it so I can continue to ID it around town
    long live xc70
    Name:  091AEBBA-D7A3-4099-AEA0-3CCF37D2A4E7_1_105_c.jpeg
Views: 471
Size:  74.4 KB
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    So the local dealership must have fixed the ol' volvo transmission- now listed at $7,995
    https://wolfautogroup.com/vdp/178256...ckson-WY-83001

glad to see the tommy molvo still going strong though. I need to go plant an "easter egg" on it so I can continue to ID it around town
    long live xc70
    Name:  091AEBBA-D7A3-4099-AEA0-3CCF37D2A4E7_1_105_c.jpeg
Views: 471
Size:  74.4 KB
    Viva la Molvo!

E63 wagon no longer on the MB website.

What? I haven’t heard them killing that in the US anywhere.

In fact MB seems to relish that they have a million models and AMG variants.

E63 sedan gone, too. I think MB is prepping for a big push to electric.

You’d think the assbags at jalopnik or somewhere would have commented on this. Weird.

Ok took some digging but found this from August. Supply chain issues?

https://www.autoweek.com/news/luxury...-v8s-for-2022/

I saw this morning that Volvo eliminated the V60 and V90 for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    I saw this morning that Volvo eliminated the V60 and V90 for next year.
    Beyond the reduction to just XC trim that was announced a month or so ago?

Volvo without a wagon in the lineup? That’s some kind of fresh hell I don’t want to know.

Wow...I can't imagine a world without MB or Volvo wagons. It must be the end of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3Bw...fwYAQwQOnWNW4Q

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_2914.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	915.8 KB 
ID:	391792
    Well, hello.

Seen in the USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3Bw...fwYAQwQOnWNW4Q

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

What the? That thing is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Name:	IMG_2914.JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	915.8 KB 
ID:	391792
    Well, hello.
    Nardo grey, well ok then, pretty.