Page 133 of 290 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Shooting brake versus wagon is the melt versus grilled cheese of the car world. There are some awesome SBs and as long as they have a long roof, I vote they stay.

And anyone prioritizing creature comfort tech in a performance car buying exercise may as well sit in their living room plugged into their gadgets, "I dont sell cars, I sell engines" and all that.
    Shooting break

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Personally 300 hp/300ft lb hp/tq is the perfect balance on a car.
    This was our XC70 T6. Torque low, top end grunt. Highway Star actually roared pretty good a full rip.

My allroad after its APR Stage 1 and top end refresh is about as quick as I want for city/highway family wagon driving. Pushing 300 hp/360ft/lb and way lighter than the XC70T6, plus 60/40 bias fulltime awd. Honestly, this is one I wouldn't mind keeping for a very long time. It's just a great all-arounder.
    I still call it The Jake.

I saw a Mercedes wagon the other day that really caught my eye, I could swear the badging said GLE 350 but it wasn't one of those, it was a wagon with an interesting upright posture almost reminiscent of like a bmw 2002. I tried to find it o google but no luck. No idea if it was new or old, the car was mint, also I was driving so quick looks. Anyone know of such a thing?

Thinking it was a GLC SUV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	341845
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

nah it was definitely a wagon. I'll keep poking around, maybe it was some Euro-only thing or something. Or old.

Saw a new Audi A6 wagon last night. Could not tell on trim since it was dark but he was up BCC so they exist

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    I'm just curious: what do you guys need all the horse power for, except paying the gas man? I mean you're not even allowed to go fast and I can go 180(communist kilometers per hour, which is 110-120mules per antique hourglass in the US ) with my 120hp wagon easily. I could go faster, but that is stress and not cruising.

And it goes up the mountain with no difficulty at all. So why the 300 400 or God knows how much hp? I get 4wd, but excessive power? I mean I drive 100km with 5 litres of diesel. (whatever that is in miles per obscure cubic American measurement Edit: about 67km/40+miles per gallon)..
    I'm with you on this. Back in the day I had a 220 HP SHO Taurus that only weighed 3200 lbs and it was fast and fun in its day, but by the time I got rid of it I was tired of fixing it and flogging it unnecessarily just because it was so godamned fun to hit insane speeds so quickly - but eventually that behavior was going to catch up to me and I was done needing the rush and just wanted something reliable and functional with a semblance of fun.

I drive a 400 HP 15 Liter Freightliner 4x a week hauling up to 40,000 lbs of food (80k gross) to feed the fat people around here. It does have like 1650 ft/lbs torque though in 9th and 10th gear - in the lower gears it only gives my 1450 ft/lbs. Always gets it done. Our Prius V takes some planning to get passes in but it gets it done usually. The Alltrack with 170 hp rages around everybody and still gives me a thrill but the push falls off enough that the rush doesn't lure me into triple digits

We rented a little 5 speed Mitsubishi in Spain last year with a 1.4 normally aspirated torqueless wonder and that thing was a little obnoxious to tend to the gears on the grades just to keep momentum and there was this steep circle grade to come out of an underground parking garage in Madrid that required every ounce of my clutch slipping skills to navigate. So I have my limits.

The extra power is a luxury. It is fun. These guys can afford it (I really can't if I want to travel and retire someday). Gas is cheap. In Merica' it feels cool to drive around idiocracy in a wagon with a shit ton of power feeling like a king and be able to flash around a long convoy of people tailgating each other at 58 mph.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 09-30-2020 at 12:47 PM.

I wish this thing was a little lower and longer.
    https://electrek.co/2020/09/28/vw-id...ead-of-launch/
    How long until we get a proper EV wagon.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Austin I thought we all agreed no Doug Demuro vids in car threads here.

DeMuro or otherwise, that RS6 wagon is teh sekz.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Austin I thought we all agreed no Doug Demuro vids in car threads here.
    Agreed. I think I mentioned upthread somewhere that one day I was looking for a car video and noticed one of him reviewing a 996 C4S that belongs to a guy in my neighborhood (apparently they're friends). I've since seen him tooling around in the same neighbor's AMG E63 wagon.

I won't share that review here.
    I still call it The Jake.

thanks for the replies. for me the hp sweet spot would probably more about 150hp, but i get the passing-the-sloth-people" argument. But even now i can pass them quite well. Hell, i even passed some of them in my citroen C2 with 60hp
    I've never had acceleration duell road rage things so there is that.

And since i eat chocolate in my car, transport dirty crash pads, wet skis and generally don't treat my cars very nicely (except the rv. I mean... you live in that thing!) i wouldnt spend that much money for a car. The 50-60k i saved 2013-2016 i spent on SKI trips. (I've never paid more than 15k for a car) I drive them until they fall apart after about 10 years.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I’m going to poach all the advice from mustonen’s questions. Maybe I need to expand my search

Found a nice 2018 allroad dark blue with all the features I want and relatively nearby.....but brown nougat interior. I don’t think I can do it. Although the leather chair in my living room is essentially the same color so maybe I just need to reset my thought process here.

Btw the autocorrect wants your name to be “mud stones”
    Get the allroad. Bmills was kind enough to shed some light on his experience between an XC70 T6 and an Allroad that ultimately led me toward the dental light. I lucked out and found a cherry one that I've been driving for about a month now and don't have a bad word to say about it. The interior is actually more spacious than I originally thought and is an exponential upgrade from the 3rd gen 4runner from a comfort and driving dynamics perspective.

I'm just curious: what do you guys need all the horse power for, except paying the gas man? I mean you're not even allowed to go fast and I can go 180(communist kilometers per hour, which is 110-120mules per antique hourglass in the US ) with my 120hp wagon easily. I could go faster, but that is stress and not cruising.

And it goes up the mountain with no difficulty at all. So why the 300 400 or God knows how much hp? I get 4wd, but excessive power? I mean I drive 100km with 5 litres of diesel. (whatever that is in miles per obscure cubic American measurement Edit: about 67km/40+miles per gallon).
    You know rational thought doesn't have a place in 'merica. Is it needed, no. Is it fun, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This was our XC70 T6. Torque low, top end grunt. Highway Star actually roared pretty good a full rip.

My allroad after its APR Stage 1 and top end refresh is about as quick as I want for city/highway family wagon driving. Pushing 300 hp/360ft/lb and way lighter than the XC70T6, plus 60/40 bias fulltime awd. Honestly, this is one I wouldn't mind keeping for a very long time. It's just a great all-arounder.
    Yeaaa I think that APR Stage 1 is moving up the list pretty quickly for me.

And since i eat chocolate in my car, transport dirty crash pads, wet skis and generally don't treat my cars very nicely (except the rv. I mean... you live in that thing!) i wouldnt spend that much money for a car. The 50-60k i saved 2013-2016 i spent on SKI trips. (I've never paid more than 15k for a car) I drive them until they fall apart after about 10 years.
    Me neither. It's a weird sense of pride for some reason.

Since we're on an allroad kick - a theme I can get behind - let's discuss it vs a Volvo V60 T60 R-Design Polestar. (holy F that's a lot of words). The wife needs a new car and we're thinking wagon. She had an AllTrack which she loved, but they are discontinued stateside, so we're looking at pre-owned A4 allroads and V60 T6 wagons. She's lukewarm on the allroad. I like them both. The V60 T6 looks to be a proper sleeper and has AWD. Both are 2016 or newer, with the Volvos seemingly taking a harder deprecation hit.

WWMD?

As a young man driving a VW Rabbit (that I loved) my boss told me "your making good money, your going to make even more money as time passes, reward yourself and buy the 911". He was right, I loved all the nice cars I went through as a young guy and the family has great memories of all of them. At 61 and approaching retirement, my priorities have greatly changed, but if I was a young guy doing well, hell yes I would have that RS6.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Since we're on an allroad kick - a theme I can get behind - let's discuss it vs a Volvo V60 T60 R-Design Polestar. (holy F that's a lot of words). The wife needs a new car and we're thinking wagon. She had an AllTrack which she loved, but they are discontinued stateside, so we're looking at pre-owned A4 allroads and V60 T6 wagons. She's lukewarm on the allroad. I like them both. The V60 T6 looks to be a proper sleeper and has AWD. Both are 2016 or newer, with the Volvos seemingly taking a harder deprecation hit.

WWMD?
    Looks wise I prefer the Allroad over the last generation V60 which is just ugly. Got the money for the new one? That is a nice looking V60

The Volvo is definitely a step up in luxury and power over the VW. The VW will likely be less expensive to run, but don't quote me on that. DSG services are pretty pricey.

The T6 is supposed to be a beast.

I think the Alltrack has a bigger cargo area, but the Volvo has more rear passenger room.

Can you no longer buy a new Alltrack? What about a lightly used one?

In the Audi vs Volvo debate, all I have to contribute is that owning both brands with similar miles, I have to say that Volvo's interior build quality is vastly superior. I'm talking things like the button finishes, trim pieces, etc. If you're in a newer model and don't plan on keeping it for more than a few years, then it doesn't matter. But if you're like me and want to keep your rides going for decades, then it might matter to you. My brother has an S8 and it too has the same kind of interior issues already. New, they are REALLY nice, but after a decade there's no comparison. On my A4, the formerly satiny finishes are now gummy, the switches are flaking off, and I've gone through a whole laundry list of interior items I've repaired on what has been a pretty well maintained car by the former owner. It's getting there and it's getting really nice again, but my Volvo's interior still looks fantastic with no fuss or broken bits even though it's 12 years old now!

That said, I do love both brands and wouldn't want to dissuade you from one or the other. Go with the red one?

If I had tons of loot, though, since my beloved V70R is no longer, I would DEFINITELY be taking a hard look at that RS6 Avant. Good gawd I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    The Volvo is definitely a step up in luxury and power over the VW. The VW will likely be less expensive to run, but don't quote me on that. DSG services are pretty pricey.

The T6 is supposed to be a beast.

I think the Alltrack has a bigger cargo area, but the Volvo has more rear passenger room.

Can you no longer buy a new Alltrack? What about a lightly used one?
    Correct, the VW AllTrack is no longer sold in the States, has been that way for all of the 2020 model year. Used ones are hard to find, oddly. At least here in the PNWet.

WWMD?
    RE V60's. There is a big difference between the 2020+ models and the pre-2018's (there was no 2019 year). The pre-2018's are about 6" shorter than the newer body style and seemed narrower as well. The older/smaller ones were going pretty cheap on the used market when I was looking a year ago, probably because of the styling change. Like liv2ski I really preferred the newer styling so sprang for a 2020 last August.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    RE V60's. There is a big difference between the 2020+ models and the pre-2018's (there was no 2019 year). The pre-2018's are about 6" shorter than the newer body style and seemed narrower as well. The older/smaller ones were going pretty cheap on the used market when I was looking a year ago, probably because of the styling change. Like liv2ski I really preferred the newer styling so sprang for a 2020 last August.
    All good, thanks. We're after a 2015-2018 T6. I don't think a new one is in the cards. Besides the older, shorter V60 is more our jam.

Related; the V60/70/90 Cross Country wagons are just the lifted and cladded versions, yes?

Related; the V60/70/90 Cross Country wagons are just the lifted and cladded versions, yes?
    Correct. I did a nationwide search for 2018 & 2019 Alltracks and there were a bunch. I have had cars shipped to me from across country a few times to get what I wanted at a better price than I could find in CA

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Damn fine looking car though. But after my V50 experience I'd rather something that looks that good fuck me and not my wallet.
    I asked earlier but, what happened with the V50? I'm thinking of picking one up because they're out there pretty cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I have friends that select their vehicles based on that drive.
    Couldnt agree more! I love my 4 cyl 2012 outback and its had zero issues for over 120k miles but i have to carefully pick passing spots on 395 with a 175 hp. Next ride will have a larger engine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk