Page 131 of 290 FirstFirst ... 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,251 to 3,275 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Wagon Stoke

MB E400 or Volvo V90 T6?

Name:  Image1601157229.933333.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  98.0 KB

Starting to consider next car. The a4 allroad is going on 110k, and my oldest gets her DL in a year and a half. If it’s still issue free, makes sense to let her drive the allroad.

I’d love an A6 allroad, but those won’t likely be in the price range in a year+.
    focus.

Go to BAT and buy the dopest wagon you can afford. Find something interesting

I dug deep into the E400 and E450 a few months ago. There were a lot of engine variants in a short time period in the E400 and it seems like the best - at least in terms of reliability and maintenance - was the 3.5L naturally aspirated. I would own one of those and I'm a Japanese homer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    MB E400 or Volvo V90 T6?

Name:  Image1601157229.933333.jpg
Views: 920
Size:  98.0 KB

Starting to consider next car. The a4 allroad is going on 110k, and my oldest gets her DL in a year and a half. If it’s still issue free, makes sense to let her drive the allroad.

I’d love an A6 allroad, but those won’t likely be in the price range in a year+.
    Comfort or tech? I think the E400 drives mildly better, but generally both a notch below precision wise. V90S looks better and has better design and tech, E400 is likely a bit comfier if well specs. E400 likely more of a reliable tank as well.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Comfort or tech? I think the E400 drives mildly better, but generally both a notch below precision wise. V90S looks better and has better design and tech, E400 is likely a bit comfier if well specs. E400 likely more of a reliable tank as well.
    I like tech, but I’m honestly pretty happy if the car will play my Spotify playlist off my phone. I’d probably pick the comfort end of that spectrum.

I’d prefer to have to fuck with it less, from a reliability standpoint, and minimize (relatively) the number of repairs/service that are too fancy for my average mechanical skills or the shop up the street.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Go to BAT and buy the dopest wagon you can afford. Find something interesting
    Not a bad idea.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    It’s a 650+hp wagon from Stuttgart, you can’t roll with plain old grey.
    Made me think of this Techart Grand GT back at Geneva. It’s too opulent but many things were done well. The color though - is an 11. https://youtu.be/yUc7yp8Ms4s

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I like tech, but I’m honestly pretty happy if the car will play my Spotify playlist off my phone. I’d probably pick the comfort end of that spectrum.

I’d prefer to have to fuck with it less, from a reliability standpoint, and minimize (relatively) the number of repairs/service that are too fancy for my average mechanical skills or the shop up the street.
    With modern stuff, plan on dealer for 90% of it. Too many sensors and specialized tools these days.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    With modern stuff, plan on dealer for 90% of it. Too many sensors and specialized tools these days.
    Well sure, but some weight will be given the option that will likely need less of that fuckery.
    focus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2976.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	782.3 KB 
ID:	341678

Not a wagon. Sorry ol chap

Yeah. Go start a shooting brake thread.

It's definitely a wagon, just because it's missing a pair of doors doesn't make it not a wagon. I'd be down for a shooting brake thread but it would end up pretty short so I vote to keep them here and consider it a thread drift.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/RWEcUmqyESiwgCEM7
    Last edited by gravitylover; 09-28-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Shooting brake versus wagon is the melt versus grilled cheese of the car world. There are some awesome SBs and as long as they have a long roof, I vote they stay.

And anyone prioritizing creature comfort tech in a performance car buying exercise may as well sit in their living room plugged into their gadgets, "I dont sell cars, I sell engines" and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Shooting brake versus wagon is the melt versus grilled cheese of the car world. There are some awesome SBs and as long as they have a long roof, I vote they stay.

And anyone prioritizing creature comfort tech in a performance car buying exercise may as well sit in their living room plugged into their gadgets, "I dont sell cars, I sell engines" and all that.
    He said V90 and E400, not E63S and RS6. Sadly.

The new V60s are gorgeous cars and the V60 Polestar is about to be a thing. Over 400 hp and 500 lbs. ft. out of the turbocharged, supercharged, hybrid drivetrain. Could be a cool lease.

Amazing and a little scary how much power is coming out of that 4 banger engine. Cracked cylinders in 3, 2, 1...

On a lease maybe. I would not want that car without a warranty.

Name:  capture.JPG
Views: 693
Size:  117.5 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Liv2ski, It isn't 1990 anymore. Turbo engines don't blow up like that these days. Engine design is so far beyond what you think. Let go of your predisposition if you can.

Agreed. SBs are a perfect fit for a thread full of vehicles we want but can't have.

There was a P1800 ES for sale locally for what seemed like a steal. I'm looking for something that needs work, and it was pristine and just outside my meager budget, so I passed. Still kind of regret not getting it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Liv2ski, It isn't 1990 anymore. Turbo engines don't blow up like that these days. Engine design is so far beyond what you think. Let go of your predisposition if you can.
    Cracked cylinder walls are very common in my car the P2 platform V70R and that motor is a 2.5 liter with 300hp. Hopefully the 4 banger has thicker cylinder walls. Just give me a twin turbo 6 that is 3.5+ liters FTMFW. You guys can have the 4 bangers with electric motors as back up. I don't want that stuff in a performance car.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Nothing screams reliability like 160+ bhp per made in China liter.

Damn fine looking car though. But after my V50 experience I'd rather something that looks that good fuck me and not my wallet.
    Live Free or Die

Your 2.5T is still 2004 technology. Every brand has 4 cylinder turbo powerplant these days. Are you saying that current cars have less reliable powertrains with going to current tech? The numbers don't match your feelings.

Go drive anything from Audi 2.0T engine and tell me that engine needs to be a twin turbo v6. They get 30mpg are reliable and have plenty of useable power. Sorry I haven't test driven a Volvo in many years. They have little apeal to me. Wife likes them so maybe I'll try one out soon.

Isn't Volvo going electric anyway? So it is kinda pointless to discuss their ICE tech.

Wagon Stoke

I’m not sure if that was directed at me, really.... I think I said I don’t care much about the tech and if it’s between the thing doing facial recognition to set my driving preferences, autonomous driving, etc. or driving well and being comfortable (and well designed) I’d pick the latter. Schuss’s posts were a little inscrutable, though, and I could have answered the wrong question.

I wish the e63s et al were viable for me, though I suspect the ones old/used enough for me to afford would be too expensive for me to keep on the road.
    focus.

Your 2.5T is still 2004 technology. Every brand has 4 cylinder turbo powerplant these days. Are you saying that current cars have less reliable powertrains with going to current tech? The numbers don't match your feelings.

Go drive anything from Audi 2.0T engine and tell me that engine needs to be a twin turbo v6. They get 30mpg are reliable and have plenty of useable power. Sorry I haven't test driven a Volvo in many years. They have little apeal to me. Wife likes them so maybe I'll try one out soon.

Isn't Volvo going electric anyway? So it is kinda pointless to discuss their ICE tech.
    I hear ya, my wife's 428 is a turbo 4 banger that is very peppy in Sport mode. I may be old fashioned, but if I was shelling out $70k+ on a car, it needs more that 4 cylinders. YRMV.

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    The new V60s are gorgeous cars and the V60 Polestar is about to be a thing. Over 400 hp and 500 lbs. ft. out of the turbocharged, supercharged, hybrid drivetrain. Could be a cool lease.
    I saw one of those the other day and truthfully that’s what really got me started thinking/drooling, though biggest complaint with the allroad is that it’s just a bit too small to feel good about having people in the back seat for any length of time. Don’t want to repeat that with my next car.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 09-28-2020 at 02:59 PM.
    focus.