Page 11 of 290 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Dromontana View Post
    I drove a 16 from SLC to Glenwood Springs earlier this summer, very comfortable driver. The engine trim I had was slow as fuck though, really the only big drawback.
    We were on windy roads at sea level and never had a chance to test the engine.

Speaking of hauling, minivans have an pretty high rated payload capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Mini Cooper Clubman All4 Manual Transmission. December. http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/09/...i-clubman-jcw/
    Attachment 188184
    Call me crazy, but I like that. Maybe not to own, but to tool around for a weekend in.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Mini Cooper Clubman All4 Manual Transmission. December. http://www.motoringfile.com/2016/09/...i-clubman-jcw/
    Attachment 188184
    This is a cool rig IMO. Fast and decent mileage too. I like the current model a bit better though. It's got some clearance and a 'chubbier' look more reminiscent of the original to me. Not the best reliability from what I hear though, at least the earlier ones. Maybe they've gotten better.

I drove a 16 from SLC to Glenwood Springs earlier this summer, very comfortable driver. The engine trim I had was slow as fuck though, really the only big drawback.
    It's retarded they don't offer tubos across the lineup anymore. The 05-09 Legacy GT, Outback XT, and Forester XT are fast as fuck with the slightly detuned version of the STI 2.5. Offered in manual in '05 too.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Yep, the older minis were a pain in the ass to keep running. A friend bought one a couple three years old and sold it in 6 months because it was one thing after another. Cool looking little rig though especially with the mt6 and 228 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Yep, the older minis were a pain in the ass to keep running. A friend bought one a couple three years old and sold it in 6 months because it was one thing after another. Cool looking little rig though especially with the mt6 and 228 hp.
    Those cars are YUGE pieces of shit. Just ask Benny.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Those cars are YUGE pieces of shit. Just ask Benny.
    I thought benny drove a miata and a Forrester, with or without functioning brakes.

That's not a mini...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's not a mini...
    I have a relative with a Mini S that him and his wife call a BMW all the fucking time.

Last time I was forced to be at their house, I pulled into the drive in our BMW next to their Mini. Over beers in the garage they start saying oh, the BMW this, the BMW that and pointing at their car. I had too many pops at this point and blurted out, what car are you talking about, I see only one BMW here?

I got nails dug into my forearm by the wife.

Just because BMW owns Mini does not make it a Beemer. I would have told them to get a fucking clue. Mini's are crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Just because BMW owns Mini does not make it a Beemer. I would have told them to get a fucking clue. Mini's are crap.
    To be fair, bmws are also crap and have been for some time. Mini actually ranks better on customer satisfaction and cost of ownership.

Mini S is a cool little car with its own history & character. Exchanging it for a fake bmw badge is pretty weak.

the 2.0DIT will replace the 3.6 in the Subaru lineup shortly. nothing full size that handles well stock, though.

For the record, real Minis were built by BMC before BMW fattened them up.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Had a 92 Mercedes 300E wagon. I really liked that car, but after 3 years it went to Cash for Clunkers. Bet these will go for more than the $1,800 I paid.
    http://gearpatrol.com/2016/09/21/mer...s-all-terrain/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-Allterrain-Gear-Patrol-Slide-01.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	188251

What is Mercedes doing with that grill?

That's pretty sharp looking. I'd consider it when looking at a V90 CC. Wonder when it'll come to the US.

As an aside, it's nice to see someone else checking out gear patrol. It's a family friend's web magazine and I've always thought the photos and writing is great.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Portable waffle iron?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    For the record, real Minis were built by BMC before BMW fattened them up.
    BMC, British Leyland and the Rover Group.

The BMW minis are hideous pastiches of the real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Mini's...wife had an 06 supercharged 6 speed while in grad school

That car was a total p.o.s. Every time it broke (which was often) it was another grand down the mini rathole. It got torpedo'd while parked by a drunk driver. My biggest fear was it wasn't going to total.

I don't know guys, this is still the nicest wagon I've gone around in. Way nicer than the 328i wagon next to it. Great for hauling kids, great highway cruiser, car is fucking niiice...
    And it was $11k with 80k miles on it. I like it so much, I am thinking about picking up a sedan version for myself to drive around.
    I bid on a e39 m5 on BAT the other day. Did not win.

Name:	bmw530xit.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	988.7 KB 
ID:	188255
    sigless.

Glad you like it, but my dad had a 535 xi wagon, paid something like $50k for it, traded it in for like $15k 3 years later. People hate those things. There's something like 117 computers in it. One of them shut down on my dad on a road trip, so they were unable to use the fucking seatbelt. A computer shut down the seatbelt. It was in the shop for shit like that all the time.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

In the stack of receipts for it, there are some electrical issues that the car has had prior to getting to us. But it's been solid since we have had it. I like the motor, the seats, it's just a nice place to be. It did have the typical wagon hatch wiring issue which was a bit of a pain to fix, but took care of that in my garage for $0.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I spent a little time yesterday in an 2017 outback belonging to a friend. As an adult sized passenger in the back, it felt roomie. Subi gave it to them with 5yr 0% financing.
    They moved the rear seats back an inch or two to increase leg room, at the expense of the cargo area in the back. Probably because their market research showed that most of their buyers actually wanted a sedan shaped like an suv.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Had a 92 Mercedes 300E wagon. I really liked that car, but after 3 years it went to Cash for Clunkers. Bet these will go for more than the $1,800 I paid.
    http://gearpatrol.com/2016/09/21/mer...s-all-terrain/

Name:	Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-Allterrain-Gear-Patrol-Slide-01.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	188251

In spite of the grill it's a pretty good looking rig IMO.

How bout this one? Well executed, looks fun as hell.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1985-volvo-240-wagon/

There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    That's not a mini...
    True that.

A real mini is small on the outside, yet surprisingly roomy inside. Ironically, today's mini is bigger than a vw golf, yet has a cramped interior.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    I don't know guys, this is still the nicest wagon I've gone around in. Way nicer than the 328i wagon next to it. Great for hauling kids, great highway cruiser, car is fucking niiice...
    And it was $11k with 80k miles on it. I like it so much, I am thinking about picking up a sedan version for myself to drive around.
    I bid on a e39 m5 on BAT the other day. Did not win.

Name:	bmw530xit.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	988.7 KB 
ID:	188255
    That's with the NA straight 6, right? I feel like those drivetrains were the last beemers I trusted. Sweet ride.