Page 107 of 288 FirstFirst ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,675 of 7200

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    You’d pretty much need to see the car in motion if you were to target manuals right?
    Probably some Delridge area birddog.

Can I ask a sportback question here? Love the Audi S5 sportback - though I can’t stomach how much depreciation it will have over the next two years. And I can’t fit my ski length inside hassle free. Has me looking at A7s . Any mags with experience? Also how dependable is the 3.0 SC engine? Like the idea of APR tune etc.
    Heh, I bought my first car (a wagon) from a wagon weirdo from Delridge...

I've got a friend who scored a stupid deal *from the dealer* on a RS7. He loves it and drives it daily. My bosses dad also has one and seems to love it in all seasons.

^^^ that guy gives zero fucks about MPG

I approve

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

3.0T supercharged is one of the best engines Audi has ever had. I wouldn't hesitate on that engine.

One of my partners has a '18 RS7; that thing moves like shit on a hot tin roof in July.
    I still call it The Jake.

Reaffirming encouragement here.
    RS7 would be wicked but no dice for me. How do the S cars age? Tick better in resale - whole lot more in maintenance?

Wagon Stoke

To answer a few questions -

I think someone with fobs or some dealer connection is involved with this because two of the cars that were recovered had no sign of forced entry.

The West Seattle Blog actually wrote a small story on the thefts early on but subsequent thefts haven’t been reported to them by my friend group because I would bet the thieves read the blog, and we are trying to draw them out.

My buddy, who has the nicest S4 wagon in the neighborhood that was stolen (has 100k into it) is thinking about buying a bait car.

One of the cars was found in front of a townhouse in Burien but the police couldn’t connect it to a residence. I ran some property reports and the owner of the townhouse it was found in front of also owns a small auto shop in Burien with horrible reviews and community allegations of chop shop.

Really not sure what’s up with the targeting - there are more expensive cars to steal. But there is no doubt someone wants them for whatever reason. Another buddy had his car broken into but they weren’t able to steal it and just ripped he ESP button out.

Not sure why you’d have to see the car driven to know it’s a manual. The shift knob visible through the window when casing was plenty I’m sure.

If this all sounds like some middle aged men playing cops and robbers, you are probably right. But the police are hilariously indifferent about the whole situation. This is Seattle after all.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I cant stand the v60/v90 infotainment before they went to the ipad like screen. In 2016 when do I need a number pad on the dash. I've been finding 2017/2018 v90s for 23m to 30k

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I think someone with fobs or some dealer connection is involved with this because two of the cars that were recovered had no sign of forced entry.
    Its called key fob relay theft. Your fob is actively sending a signal to unlock your car by proximity. Like when you walk up to your car it unlocks. The thieves ping your car and it sends a signal looking for your key, the copy that signal and walk up to your front door, if you leave your keys close to your front door or an entrance window, the thieves have figured out how to transmit/boost the signal from your fob (close to your door or outer wall of your house) to the car. Car unlocks and then they can steal it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	relay-theft2.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	134.1 KB 
ID:	314016

You’d pretty much need to see the car in motion if you were to target manuals right?
    Probably some Delridge area birddog.

Can I ask a sportback question here? Love the Audi S5 sportback - though I can’t stomach how much depreciation it will have over the next two years. And I can’t fit my ski length inside hassle free. Has me looking at A7s . Any mags with experience? Also how dependable is the 3.0 SC engine? Like the idea of APR tune etc.
    What's the longest ski that can fit inside s5/rs5 sportback?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post
    What's the longest ski that can fit inside s5/rs5 sportback?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Can’t say for sure, didn’t have a tape or bring skis to dealer but A4 chassis is small. I look at it like this; my pairs 186-189 barely fit in the back of my Cayenne seats folded down. To me having skis protrude onto arm rest is not ideal. Doesn’t in that suv. It’s 194”. The S5 sportback is 185.7 loosing 8”. A7s are 195.6

Having skis inside without a dedicated bag is stupid

Wagon Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Having skis inside without a dedicated bag is stupid
    Agreed. Been using 3 different bags depending on amount of skis. 1) I don’t want to get hit with a heavy Billy Goat set while in a crash and 2) easy way to avoid damaging the interior.
    Often bungee down inside too when driving suv.

Thanks for the 3.0T motor nod. Do you have anymore to add? I see a stage 1 tune brings around 100 hp. Transmission has good rep, yea?

I ride by this fantastic car on my way to work and thought you guys might enjoy it. Sorry for the image quality, I didn't want to be the stalker up on their lawn with my phone.

Name:  wagon.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  122.7 KB

That looks custom.

Ranchero with a cap? No gap and rain gutter, so probably not.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

ZF8 is another nearly bulletproof piece in the Audi. Stage 1 is a no brainer. Any more easy questions?

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Ranchero with a cap? No gap and rain gutter, so probably not.
    If they're ever out there when I'm passing by, I'll ask about it.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    ZF8 is another nearly bulletproof piece in the Audi. Stage 1 is a no brainer. Any more easy questions?
    Last one. I like the facelift ‘16s for looks. Any other compelling reasons to stretch (intended budget) into that gen?

Wagon Stoke

Can’t say for sure, didn’t have a tape or bring skis to dealer but A4 chassis is small. I look at it like this; my pairs 186-189 barely fit in the back of my Cayenne seats folded down. To me having skis protrude onto arm rest is not ideal. Doesn’t in that suv. It’s 194”. The S5 sportback is 185.7 loosing 8”. A7s are 195.6
    this has been a big criteria in my latest vehicle search as well.
    I have a roof box but it's a PITA to open so I frequently toss a pair into the back if I'm skiing on something different than usual that day*

I think the volvo V60 is not really long enough. The V90's are, but being newer there aren't as many used/ in my range. (altho one post over in MNIAW's wagon thread referenced them being lower than what I'm seeing out there, which is ~$43-$60k for ~20-30k mileage) Plus I'm not as excited about all the nanny features on it...
    I know mofro recently got the V60 so holler back how you like it now that you've owned it for a bit, if you get a free sec

thinking going fully tgr style with an allroad. they seem nice and when I saw the prices I was pleasantly surprised ~ $25k for a nice/3 yo model with 20-30k miles on it
    Another important criteria is- Can I get the seat far enough back to put my ski boots on, while in the driver seat... (5'7" and Full Tilt 1st chairs- so a bit easier to do than a 4 buckle boot) any of you allroad owners have any input here? I have to drive to SLC to try one out

*although I suppose I could get a new roofbox and/or go with ski racks
    skid luxury

My Allroad fits my 190s comfortably inside on a slight angle so they don’t touch anything else.

I can also put my boots on in the driver’s seat with it moved back; I’m a little over 6’ tall.

Fun to drive, punchy, more than capable in the corners, solidly built and so smooth (but not disengaging) that it’s not uncommon that you look down on the highway and you’re cruising along at 90.

I came from a ‘11 Volvo XC90 T6 which I loved (and had lots more space) but this thing has been great. First thing I did when I bought it was drive through the worst blizzard I ever had seen to go skiing for the day in Upstate New York (HV) and damn if I wasn’t impressed with the Quattro - made the all season Pirellis seem like studs.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My Allroad fits my 190s comfortably inside on a slight angle so they don’t touch anything else.

I can also put my boots on in the driver’s seat with it moved back; I’m a little over 6’ tall.

Fun to drive, punchy, more than capable in the corners, solidly built and so smooth (but not disengaging) that it’s not uncommon that you look down on the highway and you’re cruising along at 90.
    excellent testimonial.
    If I end up getting one, maybe I’ll get a personalized license plate: USTV
    skid luxury

I have a Thule roof box for sale that is quiet and low profile for you wagon guys.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    excellent testimonial.
    If I end up getting one, maybe I’ll get a personalized license plate: USTV
    Nope you have to now. Otherwise someone will steal it.

(Edited my post too while you were coming up with the greatest vanity plate ever)

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    this has been a big criteria in my latest vehicle search as well.
    I have a roof box but it's a PITA to open so I frequently toss a pair into the back if I'm skiing on something different than usual that day*

I think the volvo V60 is not really long enough. The V90's are, but being newer there aren't as many used/ in my range. (altho one post over in MNIAW's wagon thread referenced them being lower than what I'm seeing out there -$43-$60k for ~20-30k mileage) Plus I'm not as excited about all the nanny features on it...
    I know mofro recently got the V60 so holler back how you like it now that you've owned it for a bit, if you get a free sec

thinking going fully tgr style with an allroad. they seem nice and when I saw the prices I was pleasantly surprised ~ $25k for a nice/3 yo model with 20-30k miles on it
    Another important criteria is- Can I get the seat far enough back to put my ski boots on, while in the driver seat... (5'7" and Full Tilt 1st chairs- so a bit easier to do than a 4 buckle boot) any of you allroad owners have any input here? I have to drive to SLC to try one out

*although I suppose I could get a new roofbox and/or go with ski racks
    6mos now with the V60cc. I can fit 190cm skis in the 20' V60 behind the front seats, but the 2020 V60 is 188" vs. the older style 2018's and older at 181". Think the V90 comes in at 192-3". The V60 trunk opening seems small, but the second row of seats have a ton of room, damn near as much as the front seats. I looked hard at the V90 6mos ago before splurging on the V60, but they were all 40K+ used for 2017's and down in Tx and Fl. There were a ton of older style 2018 V60's in the low-mid twenties at the time, but that version didn't appeal to me.

I kept my V70XC for 15 yrs, I think car tech is moving to quickly in the next 10 to keep the V60 for the long haul. I'm used to the touch screen tech and have the nanny functions minimized. Small beef about no storage pockets on the front of the seats like in the last 3 volvos we've had, I used to always keep a wine/beer opener in there, throw the wallet and phone in it, and less cup holders means I am less likely to crack one open while driving. Not surprisingly, driving the V60cc makes our XC90R feel like a tank.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    I ride by this fantastic car on my way to work and thought you guys might enjoy it. Sorry for the image quality, I didn't want to be the stalker up on their lawn with my phone.

Name:  wagon.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  122.7 KB
    Holden?