Page 101 of 290 FirstFirst ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 7247

Thread: Wagon Stoke

Simple, you obviously have never had the pleasure of driving a Turbo 996 through the mountains. I did for many years. While I would have never of took that car out in the snow, she was more than capable of crushing most anything on the road in 2003 and I am pretty sure a new 991 Turbo would make short work of either car you mentioned. In my present circumstances, the RS6 Avant would be my car of choice as getting these two in the 991 would be tough and not something I would do, like driving it in the snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160806_210203.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	303516
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'd rather have my snowmobile than a turbo 911. Any winter day all day. Faster and handles better. My bud is a Porsche mechanic and he feels the same way.

Cute pups. I leave mine in the van.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'd rather have my snowmobile than a turbo 911.
    Why choose? Why not have both?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Why choose? Why not have both?
    Because if you needed a fast 2 seater there are cheaper alternatives. Getting a boat would be a lot cooler since you can take all your friends and family out for the fun.

Anyway back to wagons. Anyone have a guess what that black V70R on BAT is gonna go for? Thing is sick.

I am guessing about $6k, as the color combo is not real desirable to a brink enthusiast nor the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I'd rather have my snowmobile than a turbo 911. Any winter day all day. Faster and handles better. My bud is a Porsche mechanic and he feels the same way.

Cute pups. I leave mine in the van.
    Dude you're hooked up. I like how you roll.

Fwd bias is safer and better MPG. Doesn't mean it is fun. I like being able to kick the back end out in the Q5. Can't do that in the CX-5.
    Bingo.

Low miles, AWD, and manual wagon on BAT ending today

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-328-30/

And then you have this monster 540 with V8 swap. Manual of course

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-328-30/

Fwd bias is safer and better MPG. Doesn't mean it is fun.
    That's a generalization. Not sure if it's better MPG, as you'd have to compare 2 cars for example that would be offered in front and the rear wheel drive and compare them, which doesn't exist. As for safer, here's just one video doing a very good comparison on snow. Is there some statistical analysis that shows FWD is safer than AWD or RWD?

You either can't read or you are trying too hard. We were talking about AWD. Not all AWD systems are the same. Even within brands the AWD system isn't the same. The auto industry is leaning toward front drive biased systems in the popular small SUV market. This means tranverse engines, FWD until slip is sensed and then AWD kicks in. The reason the auto industry is going this way is that it is safer (for the average driver), and shows MPG improvement. Plus it likely costs less for the manufacturers but I have no proof of that. Even brands like Audi now have front biased systems. Quattro purists aren't stoked. Certain brands like Subaru , MB, BMW are sticking with rear bias because of their standard longitudinal engine configuration.

That help?

Even brands like Audi now have front biased systems. Quattro purists aren't stoked. Certain brands like Subaru , MB, BMW are sticking with rear bias because of their standard longitudinal engine configuration.
    Sure, that helps, whatever. But Audi has always been front wheel biased and BMW is now offering front based AWD systems, (sharing the mini platform), so they are not "sticking with it".
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...e-photos-info/

My allroad is permanent 60/40 rear-wheel bias. I love how it drives.
    I still call it The Jake.

News to me but I don't pay attention to either bmw or mini. Thanks for the info.

Not all Quattro are the same.....

I'm not even gonna get into differentials. I'm trying to generalize. If you want to be pedantic please feel free....

News to me but I don't pay attention to either bmw or mini. Thanks for the info.

Not all Quattro are the same.....

I'm not even gonna get into differentials. I'm trying to generalize. If you want to be pedantic please feel free....
    No. I get it. I have a Golf R and a BMW 340 x, so I kinda follow Audi/VW and BMW. Your post struck me since the main argument going on at the BMW forums is the new FWD platforms for BMW, which has always touted the rear-drive-is-better mantra. (But since M-B's cheap car is now front wheel based, and Audi is front wheel based, BMW is now back pedaling.). Front drive as I understand it, is cheaper, so I think safety, etc. takes a back seat. Also there's ton of Subaru is the best AWD vs. Audi is the best AWD, and yet within both company's own line-up are several different AWD systems. Sure, "symmetrical" is better than "Quattro", fuck them.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    My allroad is permanent 60/40 rear-wheel bias. I love how it drives.
    Newer Allroads are Haldex now, if I'm correct.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-audi-r...ric-1840037338

"The 2020 Audi RS 6 Avant absolutely lives up to the hype, to the legend, and finally answers the question Americans have been asking for years: When can we get a performance wagon?

Do yourself the biggest favor, right now: call your friendly Audi dealer, secure a place in line, then return to this browser tab. You’ll thank me in about seven months—the first RS 6 Avants hit these shores summer 2020."

I had a 2004 v70r since new, sold it for $10k in 2013 and got a tdi sportwagen (LOL dieselgate made that car almost free to have)

The electronic struts and motor mounts were due for their second replacement in 65k miles. Fuck. That. Car.
    It was nice to drive though.

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    After 2017.... I think.
    focus.

All I know is mine (B8.5 allroad) is longtitudinal engine, 60/40 rw bias, full time Quattro.

I think it’s Quattro v or vi. Someone here will know if that’s Torsen or Haldex.
    I still call it The Jake.

I saw this li'l Beauty today and had to go back for a gander.
    Fresh paint and polished chrome all around, new rubber as well.
    The latina owner is stylin' in her Toyota Corolla Wagon...

Name:	IMG_0453.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	303808

Name:	IMG_0454.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	303809

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    After 2017.... I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    All I know is mine (B8.5 allroad) is longtitudinal engine, 60/40 rw bias, full time Quattro.

I think it’s Quattro v or vi. Someone here will know if that’s Torsen or Haldex.
    I looked it up, starting in 2017 B9+, the allroad switched to a Haldex-like awd branded "Quattro Ultra". Frankly my Volvo uses Haldex and I kinda prefer the part time AWD. Saves on gas and wear/tear on tires.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-audi-r...ric-1840037338

"The 2020 Audi RS 6 Avant absolutely lives up to the hype, to the legend, and finally answers the question Americans have been asking for years: When can we get a performance wagon?

Do yourself the biggest favor, right now: call your friendly Audi dealer, secure a place in line, then return to this browser tab. You’ll thank me in about seven months—the first RS 6 Avants hit these shores summer 2020."
    Bring over the S4 Avant pls!!

I may afford $60k for an S4 wagon, but I for sure don't have $120k for an RS6. Which begs to question, are wagons just a niche, stealth wealthy person car?

Wagon Stoke

I looked it up, starting in 2017 B9+, the allroad switched to a Haldex-like awd branded "Quattro Ultra". Frankly my Volvo uses Haldex and I kinda prefer the part time AWD. Saves on gas and wear/tear on tires.
    Agree. Have put 20k miles on my B9 with Quattro ultra. No complaints about the handling. Doesn’t feel anything like a fwd car during spirited driving. And the mpg is nice.
    Last edited by bourbonisgood; 11-26-2019 at 11:50 PM.